PASCAL WINS - VEGA DOA BY BEING OVER A YEAR LATE

wccftech.com/amd-fy-2016-results-beat-analyst-expectations-high-gpu-sales/
>The fact that Ryzen will be landing in Q2 2017 as well as the Vega GPU
>as well as the Vega GPU

Literally DOA by not flinching until a year later. AMDtards BTFO.

Other urls found in this thread:

videocardz.com/65649/sk-hynix-updates-memory-product-catalog-hbm2-available-in-q1-2017
wccftech.com/amd-launching-ryzen-cpu-gdc-2017/
web.archive.org/web/20150413165626/http://wccftech.com/rumor-amd-phenom-iv-x12-170-baeca-25nm-cpu-leaked-features-12-cores-6-ghz-core-clock-am4-socket-compatbility/
amd.com/en-us/press-releases/Pages/radeon-instinct-2016dec12.aspx
tweaktown.com/news/56088/amd-vega-launch-slower-hbm2-faster-later/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the amount of attention people try to harvest on an anonymous website is vomit inducing

The amount of bait was too much OP, please try better next time

And yet you get trips

ITS AMD'S TURN

again, say this every vega thread, why the fuck should amd try?

I mean look at it, they released how may cards better than nvidia in the past and cheaper, and everyone bought nvidia, better price performance, bought nvidia, holy shit how are they selling the gpus THAT cheap, still fucking bought nvidia.

Honestly, EVERY tactic amd made has failed them because the people want a monopoly, and you have it, I can wait for amd to release trickle down products like vega that was enterprise first consumer second, because I don't care about playing everything maxed at 144+, but I know there are a lot of people who cant wait, sincerely I hope you enjoy your next nvidia product.

------------

But really, vega looks like it could be at best 20% faster then it currently is based on ryzens es to final minimum clock speeds, along with drivers.

But really, and this is a what if that would make sense, amd puts ryzen out and subsidizes the gpus? They don't take a loss, but they gain market share by selling high performance at rock bottom prices.

from what I have seen, vega honestly looks like an mcm test bed, look at all the tech that is fucking useless in it, and tell me that doesnt look like its gearing up for a next gen mcm gpu?

Till amd has mcm gpus, It would be stupid to fight nvidia, but after? they could put out a card better than nvidia's best for sub 750$

mcm was a solution in the past to multi cpu, but now its coming full circle to be the solution to many current problems with monolithic designs.

videocardz.com/65649/sk-hynix-updates-memory-product-catalog-hbm2-available-in-q1-2017

>ee even Hynix plans can change quite often. The current plan is to release 1.6 GHz HBM2 stack with 4GB memory, and since we already know Vega has two stacks, this gives us 8GB and 409,6 GB/s bandwidth. That’s obviously lower than Fiji, in fact, it’s even lower than Pascal GP102 (480 GB/s)

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

Click here for 10 way AMD Vega can still be relevant six months from now.!

But AMD fans are the Pajeets.

>Q2
Wat?
It was supposed to come out in February.
Fuck the waiting game.

Lots of reports seem to be say Vega will be a 5xx chip, and is just outright going to replace Polaris.

Maybe the Vega design is scalable enough to cover everything from the low end to the high end.

>It was supposed to come out in February.
Says who?

It was circulating that the formal Ryzen & Zen launch would be at GDC

Same site as in OP.
wccftech.com/amd-launching-ryzen-cpu-gdc-2017/

>Ryzen & Zen
...they're the same thing. You meant Vega as well no?

DELET THIS

We knew that vega would be Q2 2017 ever since last year, how high were you?

>The fact that Ryzen will be landing in Q2 2017
What the fuck is wrong with you nigger.
In the same presentation Lisa said Ryzen will have "a full month of availability" by the end of March

>February
Maybe, but keep a month sparesince they hit the stores, it's going to be a polaris redux

Why does it even matter? As soon as it comes out NVIDIA will kill it with an underpriced 1080ti.

> Q2 2017 as well as the Vega GPU
Didn't they promise a H2 2017 before? It's a good hint.

>underpriced
nah, they'll still want a fortune for the things because they know cunts will pay

She literally said early march release.
Even the Wccftech article says March, but OP gets paid to not tell the truth.

Nivida got 1500 pajeets in 2014, probably 3000 now lol

[spoiler] Amd got king pajeet though [spoiler]

It's ironic that Americans patronize a Taiwanese brand over a American.

>believing wccftech
Man I remember this real high quality AMD news they put out back in the day web.archive.org/web/20150413165626/http://wccftech.com/rumor-amd-phenom-iv-x12-170-baeca-25nm-cpu-leaked-features-12-cores-6-ghz-core-clock-am4-socket-compatbility/
Man they got that one a hundred percent correct too.

H1, Vega 10 x2 is H2

>[RUMOR]
(v:

>wccftech

AMD doesn't offer a compelling product. That's their problem. They had a growing market-share when they had good product, but they pissed it away.

>Ryzen will be landing in Q2 2017
Except that's false you dumb nigger.
Confirmed launch at the end of February.

>Vega DOA
Dude, you're like 2 months late.

Before end of February

The schedule says recently launched, not launched.

the CEO said "early March" less than 24 hours ago. Wccftech is just being dumb.

i remember 1500mhz core rx 480 leaks

JUST

Except this is taken from their MI25 accelerator. Vega 10 based, 25 TFLOP FP16, means 12.5 TFLOP FP32.

amd.com/en-us/press-releases/Pages/radeon-instinct-2016dec12.aspx

It's known Vega 10 has 4096 shaders, do the math and you end up with 1526~ mhz. Now yes, the MI6 has 5.7 TFLOP FP16 and the MI8 has 8.2 TFLOP FP16, so it's obviously rounded, but even at 24.5 TFLOP FP16, you're looking at 1495mhz~. High end of of the round is at 1556mhz~.

We don't know if this is downclocked at all either, they're all passively cooled. Suffice to say it's a pretty good frequency jump.

Wccftech had nothing to do with it, the GDC event says "recently launched"

Course GDC ends March 3rd so w/e

the 480, before the 280x then the 7970 and 7970 ghz, then the 5870 the 5850 the 5770 the 4870 and the 4850

the 290 and 290x were both very compelling cards, but by the time the price came down due to litecoins it was the 900 series was out.

then a few months down the line you have the fury line going for a pittance.

People wanted a monopoly and they got it.

Its out q1
inside people are telling us not the end of march
leak press conference thing for the 28th thing titled 'discussion of our recently released ryzen lineup'

yea... won't happen february.

>they're all passively cooled

Technically true but using this as a means to claim low TDP or power draw is misleading to retards given the required airflow.

AMD Vega to launch with slower HBM2, faster HBM2 later

tweaktown.com/news/56088/amd-vega-launch-slower-hbm2-faster-later/index.html

It's not helping when 90% of pre-builds come with a Nvidia card, and if people upgrade their pre build they go "whats this AMD thing, i know i had a Nvidia last time, i'll get another one of those"

Nvidia are evils but AMD are incompetent

>+4.37% day for $NVDA
>+16.3% day for $AMD
I don't even care about what you nerds are arguing about. Semiconductors securities will let me retire at 25.

I'd be cautious with Nvidia stock.

That article is assuming they're using Hynix as a supplier and not Samsung, which already has 2ghz kits out

290 and 290X ended up having to compete with GTX 970 and GTX 980 for like a year or more and they are not compelling products in comparison. And you're right, coin mining killed AMD market share even further.
480 isn't a compelling product either. It's at the level of performance that last gen cards offered. The majority of money in GPU sales comes from high end. Like release time GTX 980, 970, 1080, 980 Ti, 1070, etc. At price points like that. The 480 is well below that. So while it seems like a decent product, it's not interesting even the slightest and it's not gonna make money because margins on cards like that are small and they aren't as popular as high end cards with enthusiasts.

5850 and 5870 were the last really good AMD cards. After that they became merely decent when compared to Nvidia and decent is not good enough, because until very recently Nvidia software was head and shoulders above AMD.

People didn't want monopoly. AMD failed to deliver a product people wanted to buy at the time they wanted to buy it. Too little, too late is the name of the AMD game.

>Nvidia
>underpricing anything, much less a flagship card
Can you say "delusion"?

What the fuck world have you been living in.

6970 was excellent compared to Nvidia's Fermi refresh. Yeah Nvidia had the performance crown by a shred, but it used an absurd amount of power.
7970 was the first time AMD had the absolute performance crown since the X1950XTX.
290X "killing market share" is only on the surface. AMD sold so many god damn 290X's due to those fuckers that it jacked their revenue up 40% year over year. You think AMD cares the cards didn't make it to consumers?

The only cards that have been disappointments from AMD in the last 9 years, were the Fury X for scaling like shit, and the RX 480 not having enough IPC growth (like they claimed it would have)

>inb4 290X housefire
It now has better performance, and better performance per watt than the 780 Ti. I'm not fucking joking. Same with the 7970 and the 680.

Hopefully that changes, ryzen 4 core 8 thread being i7 compareable with an igpu that takes over the 460-470 tier of power would change the market landscape in a year.

not only would laptops benefit
low end prebuilds would too, and be capable of up through the 480 levels of power, which is honestly extreme overkill of the application.

and here is something that while unlikely could happen.
Vega is an enterprise first and consumers are getting shafted hard in the binning again, I think we can all agree.
What if amd wrote the gpus off, not give them out for free, but just wrote the cost off as a 'we need marketshare or we are dead' kind of move. because if nvidia gets anymore, let's not kid ourselves devs will start using nvidia only features as key game components, and not just eye candy anymore, especially in games that write intel igpus off entirely.

amd has the render technique that nvidia does implemented, right? so was it working in drivers? god knows outside of tessellation culling that's the other thing that made nvidia gain so much performance (besides potential gimping, i mean halo wars had a 780ti go close to toe to toe with a 980, but in benchmarks where the driver is 100% in nvidia's hands, its closer to a 960 and at best below a 970)
Then you have tessalation culling on hardware instead of software so nvidia can not use that anymore.

Then you have the die size itself, mixed with what its flops are, mixed with dev board that could have been up to 20% slower clocks then launch candidate, on top of just cobbled together 'shit isn't crashing anymore' drivers.

all that looks to be above a 1080 even on dx11

now drop the hammer of these are at best scraps sold to gain market share instead of gain mass profits, that's what enterprise is for this card.

if they dropped the hammer of cut is price matched to a 1070 or full is under a 1080 in price that would be something to see.

I don't believe it, but its a real possibility.

they did with the 980ti because the fury's on paper specs scared the fuck out of them, they did with the 780ti because holy shit amd is on our ass hard.

>AMD release shit hahaha Nvidia waited an btfo with a price change to compete hahaha

>AMD waits hahaha Nvidia btfo amd

>You think AMD cares the cards didn't make it to consumers?
AMD does not care, but that doesn't mean this has no effect. This had a long term effect - the people who bought those cards are not gamers, they are not customers that AMD can rely on keeping. They are probably mostly gone by today and AMD market share in gaming graphics is pathetic.

And guess what, since not that many gamers have AMD cards, they are all just buying nvidia because it works and it's the safe bet - something they are familiar with. Most people don't even know how well games run on AMD cards, and with some people constantly going around complaining about how shit AMD cards are that's not a good thing. People are more likely to believe unverified or even false accounts when they have no experience with the product in question.

So yeah, AMD might not give a fuck who is buying the cards, but that also means they don't give a fuck about whether their product is familiar to the potential consumers. If I went to buy a graphics card, for example, I'd have to think very hard if my choice for some reason landed on AMD. Because all I ever hear about AMD is how shit they are. It doesn't help that a lot of people who defend AMD products have their head very far up their own arse. You included.
>290X housefire
You know what, that is actually a major issue. Just like it was a major issue with the GTX 480. That also had plenty of performance, in fact the only other card that could beat it was a single board crossfire card. Guess what? AMD HD 5870s were selling, because they delivered similar performance at much lower thermal output and power draw.
Also, the 780 Ti out performed the 290X when they were relevant. The fact that 290X is better today is irrelevant because nobody is going to buy either one of them new and used sales don't matter to AMD or nvidia.

nice full house nigga

>but OP gets paid to not tell the truth.
>being this delusional
>trying to twist it into a Ryzen thread instead of a Vega thread

Now is a bad time to buy nvidia stock and a good time to short it. It is insanely overpriced.

AMD hasn't really tried. Their drivers are still shit. People like me remember how many times AMD fucked us with shitty drivers, and they still have yet to release a competent Linux driver.

>Hurr AMD is superior it's normies fault they don't buy it.

AMD is thrash. Even when Nvidia fucks up with async it turns out it actually doesn't because AMD as always invests in futureproof shit that is expensive but pointless for the current state of affairs. Volta will hit us by the time dx12 will actually be worth something and AMD will go back to the beginning.

>RX 480
>disappointment
Nigga what? Look at that die and tell me it isn't great how they pulled that off. Their Radeon Pro line and embedded systems tell another story. It shows that Polaris is actually stupidly efficient, more so than even shrunked down Maxwell.

480 had terrible launch issues and obviously needed that 8 pin

280x was utter shit that costed as much as 770 in EU while having worst failure rates I can recall, also them drivers with 2 years of waiting for downscaling

7000 series was always a housefire tier shit, same with their 290 rebrands and roaring yet engines as a fan

5000 was good though, loved mine 5850

>7970ghz is as good as a 780 now
Kek. Tell me more about how the 7000 series was shit.

The 7970 Ghz edition turned out to be such a fucking workhorse of a GPU. Its the GPU equivalent of the i5 2500k.

back in the day when amd drivers actually were bad nvidia caused more windows hard crashes then amd by a significant margin when amd and nvidia were close

nvidia releases a yearly driver that kills gpus, which amd may have done one time, thermal shut offs should have saved the cards but honestly who knows,

and as of recent, nvidia's drivers fuck more things up then they make better, where as amd just gets better.

and lets be honest with linux, people who use it are sub... what was it, the last figure I remember seeing was sub 3% of all desktops use linux and thought nvidia was better (I think amds drivers got good recently, but cant remember) support from either is shit and you are better off intel.

every gpu I listed in an earlier post was better then the nvidia counterpart it was put up against by a significant margin in price and performance, many of them through drivers competed with nvidia next cards too.

the 480s launch problems were overblown, and still not a single mother board confirmed dead, it could have used an 8 pin, but lets be honest, consumers never got binned chips till the xfx gtr came around so would it really matter?

finding 770 v 280x benches from back in the day looks like the 280x was better but you are comparing an nvidia card that cost 400$ to an amd card that cost 300$, amds 400$ card was a 290 and it kicked the 770's ass,

the 7000 series was the best card at the time of launch, same with the 200 series and house fire, little brother had a 290x stock cooler, overclocked it and the card never went over 70 degrees once he turned the fan up to 80% little loud buy yea... should note the kid had golden silicon and can get a stable 1350 oc on the thing.

loved my 5770 too, likely using it in this computer as a backup when I get my new one built.

largely the 7970 had a fuck load of oc headroom, but amd didn't bin that shit till i beleive after the 780ti came out,

fucking love my 280x that is a rebranded ghz edition gpu, to bad its held back by such a shit cpu and ram.

>back in the day when amd drivers actually were bad nvidia caused more windows hard crashes then amd by a significant margin when amd and nvidia were close
Citation? Your statement is vague enough to be meaningless, but I wonder if you have any source at all.

AMD has always had by far more serious driver bugs. Easily verified by looking at known issues in release notes.

That would be a bitch to find, microsoft wanted to tell people why windows crashed so often,it came out to something like 15-20% were windows failings, 25-30% was amd drivers crashing, and 39-45% was nvidia's drivers crashing.

It is something I would say is impossible to find at this point unless you know a VERY speific keyword for it off the top of your head, as its been so fuckin long and people bitch about drivers so often google just will never spit what you want out.

It was just a funny statistic I remember from when amds drivers were actually known to be bad.

back in the Win XP days, microsoft would put out a report with the top causes of crashes.

nvlddmkm.sys was always the top.

Nvidia also had more marketshare, no?