/hpg/ - Headphone General

Reminder if no anime girls wear your headphones, they're garbage

>Headphone purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

>Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Creative-EF0060-Aurvana-Live-Headphones/dp/B000ZJZ7OA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485966113&sr=8-1&keywords=creative aurvana live
chiru.no:8081/stream.flac
headnhifi.com/diy-kits/o2-kit-full
headnhifi.com/diy-kits/ODAC-revB-board-only=170 shipping
musicstore.de
m.gearbest.com/on-ear-over-ear-headphones/pp_342067.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Uguuu~~~! ducks!!!~~!

Thanks, doc.

guys i'm freaking out

i'm getting no sound from the right side of my K7XX. i opened up the left side of it and the wires looked fine. i tried opening the right side but the screw wouldn't budge, i'll try it again later with a different screw driver, but from what i could see through the gaps the wires were still connected. i don't know what could be wrong. earlier today i wiggled the wire around that connects to the left headphone and sometimes it would start working normally, but eventually it would cut out, especially if i moved around. could it be the wire? i can just buy a new one for $13, but if the headphones itself are fucked i'm going to be depressed. i love these headphones and can't afford $200-300 to get new ones that are as good. fml

Watching movies and listening to music is pretty much it. Also if cables are detachable, it would be better if they were easy to disconnect, but not super loose.

>Budget
At the most $110 dollars
>Location
United States
>Source
My phone(Samsung Galaxy S7 edge). (On a side note the, I both do and don't regret falling for the samshit edge meme)
>Type of headphone
Any kind that is comfy, won't make me look like an autist, and good (sound and build) quality for the price range
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Has to be Pretty comfy, will be wearing them for long periods of time.
>Sound signature
Not really sure, I'm a newbie audiophile. If there are any you would recommend, go right on ahead.
>Past headphones
My SE215 IEMS just broke because even after doing what the site said, the cord ripped because I can't muster up 20 to 30 pounds of force to pull off the cords properly so I could clean them; also before that I just had a series of shitty skullcandy earbuds

Thinking about buying some grado sr80e's. What think?

Good sound and not looking like an autist aren't usually compatible, especially with over ears.

But in your price range the Creative Aurvana Live's are decent, don't get the new updated versions.

I've heard creative is shit though, or are these an exception? And how would I get the older instead of the newer version?

are these cans worth 300$?

oopsie

amazon.com/Creative-EF0060-Aurvana-Live-Headphones/dp/B000ZJZ7OA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485966113&sr=8-1&keywords=creative aurvana live

I can't speak to what the consensus is, I just like my pair.

Pretty comfy and good sound, a bit warm. Not huge and autistic looking, so you can wear them out and about.

Only $50 so you can get some other cans for home listening.

best neutral'ish headphones

Looking for a good pair of IEMs with v shaped sound sig... my preference is specifically detailed and sparkly treble.

$300-$500 budget.

Looking at Westone W30 right now - good choice?

Edit: would prefer IEMs over, over or on ear headphones.

did you like se215
if not, what didn't you like about it
if so, why not get them again?

My V20 came with h3 B&O play ear buds. They retail for $150, but there's no way I'd pay that for them. They don't sound as good as my $11 Panasonic ear buds.

Loved them, but it is so difficult to pull the cord from the actual IEM, it's just too damn tiny.

If you do choose to get them, get clear and not the transparent black. The transparent black doesn't have the kevlar reinforced cord that the clear has. I used year old clear se215 IEMs, they were completely fine, had my black se215 for i 3 months and they started fucking up half way through.

I would buy them again if I found an older version, the older ones from about a year ago never had static/randomly stopped working, had an easy to remove cable, and the metal in the ear loop never broke. Unlike the new ones I got a few months ago.

Cop or not? Currently using a portable fiio as a desktop amp with X2's

are those literally from China and cost more than great headphones from reputable brands?

I don't get it. there's a few new brands like that. prices sky high, popped out of nowhere.

FLAC Internet radio: mpv chiru.no:8081/stream.flac

Only top tier headphones like the SR-007 allowed. Firefox has flac support now, so you can just click the link

>Budget
$150 dollars.
>Location
Argentina.
>Source
My notebook.
>Type of headphone
Comfy
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Comfy as fuck, I will be using it all the time, mostly
>Sound signature
I'm kinda an audiophile, so the quality must be good.
>Past headphones
Sony EXTRA BASS XB450AP

I've only got a pair of Sony 7506's
What are you gonna do??

end game autismo special

>want the best clip on headphones possible
>everyone here always just asks me "just get earbuds dude lol"
Fuck yu
I just want clip on headphones. What are the best ones

I'd say the majority of posters here haven't used clip on headphones since they were children.

Take your casual business over to reddit, doubtful you'll get anything constructive here.

Can anyone identify these?

portaprotties probably

>falling for the HD800 meme

I've seen them before, but can't remember the name
someone will probably be able to name them tho

nvm found them
hd25

Aren't clip ons. I can't even think of a decent pair, I had some junky Sony ones when I was 12.

Porta Pros would sound way better.

Hell, I bet the $10 JVC flats sound better than almost any clip on out there.

Nice, thanks for the help.

then what the fuck do you see as clip ons?

>Budget
100 USD, flexible

>Location
Axon 7

>Source
Usa

>Type of headphone
Earbuds w mic
Braided/durable cord preferred.
>Open or closed
Idk

>Comfort level
Comfy preffered

>Sound signature
Idc

>Past headphones
Ifrogz, soundpeats. Both Bluetooth earbuds.
Sony MDR folding headphones

The portapros are not clip ons
The KSC75 are clip ons.
The only other company I know who makes (or at least used to make) these is Audio Technica.

I recently lost one of my tips for in ear headphones and I really can't fit anything in but the smallest tips. Where can i buy small tips that would be comfortable and wouldn't cost a fortune?

>want to fall asleep to sweet music
>earbuds sound like assholes
>headphones are uncomfortable to sleep with, and can't lie sideways

What is a man to do?

Buy speakers

But this is the headphone general.

speaker discussion is allowed here if speaker general doesn't currently have a thread up

Yeah, but sleeping with speakers on is not the same.

>speakers don't sound the same
>earbuds sound like assholes
>headphones are uncomfortable to sleep with

well stop being a fucking faggot

No other options.

Just play it through your phone like a proper normie.

I'd rather die.

Got this today and loving it so far. Very clean and no fuss amplification!

>using it to amp shitty earbud assholes

ummm???

Shure SE846

Yeah right.

What closed headphones under $300 have the best soundstage, and in general sound closest to an open headphone?

Nice chink replicas.

are audio technicas decent? what about ew9

kek
e
k

read OP

Waiting on a pair of shure 535 and hearing protection cups to arrive.

I am going to block everything the fuck out.

what headphones to get for comp gaming? i am currently looking at the ad700x

Got mine for around 360.

If you haven't heard planar magnetics before, it may sound shittier as it did for me. But after burn in they sound much better. Took around 70-90hours before they sounded better than my previous pair(d2000).
For me, they lack the bass.
As someone else mentioned, very neutral.

My favorite pair of headphones, had them for 4-5 years and still use them everyday.
I highly recommend them.

Need headphones+microphone to use while playing some vidya

>Budget
100$ preferable but can work for a 200$ increase
>Location
United States
>Source
Computer (barebone custom built for games)
>Type of headphone
Comfort > Aesthetics
>Open or closed
Open to suggestion, closed pref
>Comfort level
maximum comfort
>Sound signature
Don't know what that is but since I'm working on a budget I'll take what I can get
>Past headphones
Gaming headsets including Sony headsets, Logitech, and other shitty gaming brand sets.

My friend wants me to get Astros but his advise usually leads to razor products so that advice is presumably bunk.

why the fuck does any change I make to the stuff on my mp3 player not change? i'm using a micro sd to hold all my music but I'm unable to make any lasting changes, I can deleted everything and add new stuff but when I disconnect the player from my pc it's all the same. I haven't been able to change anything and its really bothering me. back when I had a sansa this wasn't an issue. but I have to use a ruizu now because sansas are gone and ever since I switched I cant change shit

I want a ~$150-200 dac/amp combo, is there anything more effective than building an o2+odac kit?
headnhifi.com/diy-kits/o2-kit-full +headnhifi.com/diy-kits/ODAC-revB-board-only=170 shipping is probably sub-$200
is there a reason to pick a schiit stack over this? Have I neglected or missed something in my research?

>cop
nigger

no, just crossboarding from /fa/ where the term is used often, can you give me an answer please?

If I buy fidelio x2's from amazon am I going to get the shitty gibson ones?

Hello. I am buying a new headset for 50$ and planning on the Logitech g930 wireless. I have used this headset before and I liked it, but was wondering if there were any decent alternatives in the 50 to 75$ range. I will mostly use these for gaming.

Headphones broke, I don't really know where to start
Budget would be around £100, absolute max is £150. From the UK.
I'll be plugging these into my desktop and phone, nothing serious.
I think I'd want closed headphones, but it's not a major issue.
I'd prefer a semi comfortable pair of headphones but I don't want to severely sacrifice audio for it.

That's about it.

Samson SR950/850
Superlux HD 668B
SHP 9500
Sennheiser 558
ATH-AD500X

If I want to go from mdr-ma900's to a closed headphone, which would have the best transition?

Literally no differences now. QC issues seem fixed.

HM5

Apparently my new laptop can drive my HD650. Would it be better if I get an external dac+amp?

whoops didn't meant to quote

Yes.
I was in the same situation as you. Full volume on my Mac got to fairly loud levels.
With an amp the sound got definitely more clearer and louder.

>QC issues seem fixed
It took me three tries to get a pair that didn't have a channel imbalance.

Thanks user, good price too

Ayyyy

I don't notice the difference between 192 and 320

Im not sure it would be entirely worth it or overall that noticeable if you already have a decent fiio dac/amp.

How can you ID the imbalance as someone buying his first set of good headphones, is it super noticable?

Any alternative retailers to amazon and thomann in eu?

It's repairable my dude. Check continuity of the cable with a multimeter to rule out if that's the issue.

If not, open them up completely and check continuity from the cable to the driver contacts.

Headphone repairs are generally really easy.

Koss KC75 or Porta Pros

Doesn't take a genius to detect driver imbalance. I'd imagine he just flipped them and heard the imbalance flipped too.

Best budget headphones coming through.

Aren't they very fatiguing? All I know is that their flagships do not measure very well. You might just want some modded ksc75s

I don't understand why anyone does this when you can get some motherfucking STAX for 800.
The entire setup actually

I would have bought those if the drivers weren't angled.

musicstore.de

What's wrong with angled drivers, user?

What's problem in being angled?

It significantly lowers the sound quality to my ears, in terms of perceived soundstage and clarity. My theory is it's because they fire less directly into the angle of the ear canal opening. Notice how IEMs are angled in the opposite direction. Also, I've noticed that the sound significantly improves when the drivers are lowered and angled upwards.

Opinion on this headphone ?

m.gearbest.com/on-ear-over-ear-headphones/pp_342067.html

With Grados, your source material matters a lot. Their sound signature is very crisp and detailed, so they are NOT forgiving to lower res files and streaming. But if you have good clean source material, their warmth and punch make for a very rewarding experience. Also, they're made in USA, so for me, that automatically makes them more appealing. I can speak from experience that their customer service is excellent.

someone pelase repsond

IEMs are angled so they stay in your ears, dipshit.

And my theory as to why the perceived soundstage sounds worse is IRL sound comes from all directions and your outer ear shape and angle already does the job of putting more emphasis on sound coming from front.

Because the ear canal opening is angled, so in theory sound entering from that direction is clearer.

What headphones do you currently use, user?

>top tier

well fuck u imma listen to your jap musek with my sr80i's from mobo audio

>Budget
~$100
>Location
USA
>Source
The back of a very weak work computer, so it needs to be sensitive.
>Type of headphone
Over ear
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Very comfortable
>Sound signature
Doesn't matter.
It's for work, so it just needs to have a detachable 3.5mm cord so I can use a vmoda boom pro with it.
I have some brainwavs hm2's right now and they do the job, but are very uncomfortable.

Current: Monoprice 8323, RP-HJE120, K44 (underrated with untapped potential IMO, currently modding). All budget-tier but with non-angled drivers.
Past: PortaPro, KSC-75, HA-RX300, HA-RX700, T40RP MkII (modded), M40X, Piston 3.