Is the GTX 1070 the best value card at the moment?

Is the GTX 1070 the best value card at the moment?

I'm honestly surprised it can into 4K.

youtube.com/watch?v=nf__ZGD9SUQ

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/nvidias-latest-game-ready-driver-allegedly-killing-gpus-plagued-issues/
au.pcpartpicker.com/list/kXQ33F
au.pcpartpicker.com/list/WzT4JV
au.pcpartpicker.com/list/sBCpFd
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No, the Rx 480 is.

DELET

>one console port
>never shut the fuck up about it

I fart in your general direction.

He's right.

I like that guy. He's friendly and informative.

>it can into

Learn Grammar closed mined autist

be less new

>close mined

nobody cares about you

Spotted the new friend. Lurk more

1080 just isn't worth the price.

unfortunately the 1070 cost 200% more than the Rx 480 while only being 20% faster so it flops hard as a "best value card"

In that particular title, you're right.

hitman is also very poorly optimized

how about this one?

Is quantum break also "poorly optimized"?

another poorly optimized game

yes

it's also a shit game

1070 outperforms it in both these cases, so I don't understand your point.

So any game that shows how dogshit nvidia hardware is, is "poorly optimized" is that correct?

This.

>take Max Payne
>remove the interesting protagonist
>add in powers that barely do anything useful or interesting
>shoehorn in a plot about multiple timeline bullshit

The goddamn cutscenes were far more fun to watch than any part of the game was to play, and that's even discounting the idea of a world where everyone uses Windows Phone.

1070 is better futureproofing, and you get far better performance at 1440.

>have to use the Fury

lmao

see
>dogshit dx12 performance
>futureproofing
0/10 bait

let me guess, let me guess

deus ex:md is also a shit game, right right?

>deus ex:md is also a shit game

Actually it is. It's poor performance is indicative of this.

everything is a shit game unless the most expensive radeon card gets 1fps more than the least expensive geforce card

1070 is fucking based and everyone who says otherwise is a sperg

MD was not too terrible. The gameplay was a direct improvement over HR and Prague was a well-designed hub, but the story was one note played over and over while going nowhere, not to mention the performance was shit.

I've clocked my 1070 at 2100MHz core and 9000Mhz memory, and I get slightly under stock 1080 performance. This is a standard OC, anyone can do it.

>this desperate AMD shill

get ready everyone, quantum break is about to become a shit game

>best value
If you mean bang-for-your-buck, that would be the 470. The 1070 is an excellent card though, and it is the best card in its price range.

I've played through quantum break
it already is a shit game
I did like the movie parts tho
that was A+

My """honest""" 2 pence:
The 1070 is the best value card (NVIDIA) at the minute if you're happy with 1080p or 1440p maxing out at 60fps on Ultra for the vast majority of modern titles. The 1080 is better for gaming at 1440p, pushing fps 90+ easily on Ultra on most titles (my experience). I personally use the 1080 and get an average of 100-110fps on most games at ultra, obviously (nothings obvious) I use a 144hz monitor otherwise it wouldn't be worth it, which of course adds to the price but it fit my budget so why not? It's not worth playing at 4K at the minute because you need like a 40" monitor to get the full effect, anything smaller is more of an upscaled 1080p and a lot of games don't even support it yet, plus the optimum distance to sit from a 40" 4K monitor is like 5ft which isn't really ideal for gaming anyway.

>be Australian
>1070 = $600
>1080 = 1100

8GB Rx 480 is like 30% expensive than the 4GB Rx 470 while giving you 10-20% better performance in most games. I think the extra price is worth it desu senpai.

Also while I do agree the 1070 is the best card for its price range it won't last for long. vega 10 is in the horizon.

That's painful my dude. I nabbed a 1070 on Black Friday for about $350USD. I never understand why almost every other country besides burgerstan jacks up the price of parts so high.

RX480 is the best value right now

Well, in the real world some stuff you can't easily put a number on like reliability, driver support and image quality is also important.

It's nice to see AMD can keep up in some cases but that doesn't suddenly make an AMD GPU a realistic choice for a new build (if quality matters to you of course).

>I never understand why almost every other country besides burgerstan jacks up the price of parts so high.

Basic economics

>nvidia
>quality
I love this meme

wccftech.com/nvidias-latest-game-ready-driver-allegedly-killing-gpus-plagued-issues/

Because they can. And when you are on kangaroo island, they can jack the price up all the way. What are you going to do? Buy a plane ticket to get your items cheaper elsewhere?

This thread is making me consider an RX480.

Should I?

au.pcpartpicker.com/list/kXQ33F

Yes. When Vega comes out, you'll be sad you just spent 600 dollars on a 1070 when you could've gotten 75-80% of the performance for half that.

You'll be saving $200, so yes.

au.pcpartpicker.com/list/WzT4JV

look at the savings

Oh man oh man, TWO console ports!

they're both 8gb, so why is the 1070 so much more expensive?

Performance does not come from the jeebees.

Mate, there's no damn way Vega 10 is going to perform worse than a 1080. It's known to have 4096 shaders, and a clock speed over 50% higher than the Fury X. Even without any IPC improvements it should be over the 1080.

1070 is just better hardware. The recent games with RX catching up is only because those games are poorly epitomized.

~50% performance difference in synthetics
~30-40% difference in game benchmarks

~100% difference in pricing

Not efficient if you're looking for bang/buck

stay with the 1070

Gonna be honest here

If you like the newest releases: yes

if not then get an nvidia card, they have the best performance for games like call of duty 2, half life 2, battlefield: vietnam, dead space, ect ect

>one
I have bad news for you.

You're so full of shit.

see

Its called conversion u dum fuck.

US dollar is worth 1.32 Aussie dollar.

$600 AUD is roughly $450 USD. That's the 1070's going price in US if you include tax.

>1070
>"best value"
>can't really do 4k/60 fps without compromises
>can't really do 1440p/144 Hz without a few compromises
>can do 1080p/144 Hz but so can a few other cards with very little compromise making it a shitty buy here
>can do 1440p/60 Hz but who gives a fuck

The 1070 is only a good value if you're at 1440/60 and hellbent on max settings or 1440/144 with as few settings turned down as possible. You are making sacrifices at 4k however you look at it if you want rock solid 60 fps.

The bottom line is the 1070 is a great "value" for an Nvidia card in terms of what you get relative to the 1080 but it's still a card that objectively shouldn't have a market based on the cross-section of PC monitors out there. Like fucking 1.2% of people have 1440p monitors and it's a meme stopgap resolution anyway that will never scale perfectly with content, the vast majority of which will be optimized for 1080 and 2160p.

Having said that, reddit-tier knowledge fuels the industry and since the prevailing logic of "I always get the x70 Nvidia card" is more powerful than actual tech awareness it is probably one of the highest grossing cards for Nvidia ever.

>mfw the VAST majority of 1070 owners have 1080p/60 Hz monitors
>mfwihnf

Keep shitposting the same mantra, it won't become suddenly true. The NV hardware is clearly superior, the driver is dog shit, meanwhile the RX 480 is steadily improving due to better drivers, that's why it's catching up.

t. 1070 owner

I have an MSI 1070 with a 1080p 144Hz monitor.

Any of the newest vidya where I set everything to ultra I get nowhere near 144 fps.

What do? Should I overclock?

As a fellow Ausfag, definitely. That's damn near $200 you can put towards a Freesync monitor. I recommend AOC for a bargain.

Percentages are misleading when you state them like that.

If the 1070 costs $100 and performs 100fps, the RX 480 costs $50 and performs 75fps. That's how your percentages could be interpreted, and it still makes the 480 sound like better value.

>tfw a Trillioniare can't even afford to buy a GTX 1070

WTF I hate Nvidia now

Okay, how's this?

au.pcpartpicker.com/list/sBCpFd

lel I actually meant to write stay with RX 480, somehow accidentally wrote 1070. Fucking brainfarts

You fell for the meme. There is nothing you can do.

That's not a problem, all you need to do is buy a NVIDIA® Titan X™ Pascal™, or get a second GeForce™ GTX™ 1070 and use SLI™.

So I've been memed. When will the memeing stop?

Just wait for Vega™.

It stops when you die, user.

It could be worse, you could be one of those who won't even realize what's happened to them.

RX480 chugs like shit with GTA V.

Notice the AMD shill just posted benchmarks with the R9 Fury X, which still fails in comparison.

t. someone who owns all 3 cards as a tester

>get over 60fps with 1070 and even higher overclocking
>barely get 50 with 480
>this somehow proves something

>GTA V
The trend of this 4 year old console port being unironically used as a benchmark of GPU performance needs to fucking die.

>twice as much money for a little more performance
>this doesn't prove anything

Nvidiots are getting desperate senpai.

Sorry I hurt your feelings by using a well optimized game as opposed to all the new optimized trash you've been spamming.

Overclocked, the 1070 absolutely shits over the 480.

>new optimized trash

unoptimized even

even gtx 970 outperforms it. this is ridiculous.

When you realize that 60 fps 1080p ought to be enough for anyone.

this

the only reason the 480 has manage to not be shit is because these new games are so poorly optimized. GTA V is still used because of how well make it is. I own multiple systems, and while the 480 is fucking great for the price, it does not outperform the 1070 in any way.

>new games
>irrelevant
Get a load of this guy and his ancient games.

>how well make it is
about as well as your sentence.

and this is fucking 1080 to boot

GTA V isn't that old, and the only reason it's still used to benchmark is because of how perfectly optimized it is. You can keep posting broken games if it makes you feel better.

This just showcases your desperation.

I'm not even saying the RX480 is a massive saving over the 1070, and isn't more bang-for-your-buck, but trying to pretend it outperforms a better made video card is ridiculous.

it is

>I'm not even saying the RX480 is a massive saving

isn't^

I need sleep.

> it outperforms a better made video card
What do you mean better made?
also nobody is trying to say rx480 is better card than gtx1070, people are saying it's better value card.

>it does not outperform the 1070 in any way
Holy shit really. I'm surprised because they're the same exact pri-- oh wait a minute, the 1070 is $200 more. It's almost like the 1070 should outperform it.

Face it Nvidicucks, if Nvidia can't get their greasy paws all over game devs prior to a game's release so that they have dozens of driver hacks cobbled together then they are going to lose to AMD on price/performance just about every goddamn time.

>a game is broken if it runs like shit on Nvidia™

You and other nvidiots are missing the point here. Paying $200 more for several frames is asinine and makes you look like an idiot. The fact you feel you have to defend it proves that you are indeed an idiot.
RX 480 has a better bang for buck than 1070.

>RX480 chugs like shit with GTA V.

Took like 80 posts for someone to point this out..

buy AMD if you don't plan on gaming

Took 0 people to try and deny it also.

>nvidicucks
>nvidiots

As I've said, I have absolutely nothing against the 480, It's well worth the money, but as it stands the 1070 is just better. I'm just stating facts. I'm sure the Vega will wipe the floor with the 1080, and in fact I hope it does, because it's an overpriced piece of shit.

Try to hide your fucking pathetic fanboyism better.

It's a nice performing card, but the RX480 is by far the best value this generation.

by that logic, why not buy a cheaper-older card, since it does run the game, but with "several frames" less.

Lel seems like AMD has started gimping their cards like Nvidia

here

I completely agree. It just does not outperform the 1070. That's all I'm trying to say.

There is nothing wrong with this.
If you can find good deal go for it.

>450 €
>Budget

Nobody is arguing the opposite. That's all we were pointing out when you burst into the thread stating the obvious that the 1070 is the more powerful card.

>No shit

I guess we agree then.