Will ultrawide become industry standard

will ultrawide become industry standard

Yes

god, I hope so
my 29" ultrawide is comfy as shit
I'm thinking about getting another maybe so that I can have 2 on both sides on my desk
maximum productivity

No why would it?

All professional applications are created in 16:9 and created generally FOR 16:9 aspect ratios.

Further, its far cheaper for a business to buy two 1080p monitors than a single 2560x1080p ultrawide, and you get more resolution from it.

Will it take off for normies? Maybe. But for actual work use? Nope.

I see VR desktops taking off before the ultrawide meme even gets a chance to hit the professional market.

anime are 16:9 so no, fuck you.
>inb4 muh 21:9 example
it's 0.000001% of the whole anime market

i have a 34 inch ultra-wide for Movie watching and a 4k 28 inch monitor for watching YouTube and TV series.

Fuck that, the golden ratio should become the new standard

t. artist

I started hating this Windows wallpaper. Seriously what did they think how it looks?

>maximum productivity
>maximum kek

these feel more like ultrashort monitors than they do ultrawide.

>>inb4 muh 21:9 example
Such as?

have an lg 29" ultrawide, it's nice (that FOV on games) but not necessary

>I see VR desktops taking off before the ultrawide meme even gets a chance to hit the professional market.

yeah because wearing a bulky headset for 8 hours a day working seems ideal

Who the fuck said ANYONE would be using THIS generation of VR for that?

You're retarded if you dont think that's where the tech is going in 5-10 years though.

No,
Posted from Dell P2415Q

people wearing equipment for 8 hours a day?

What a stupid Idea, that will NEVER catch on!

what a stupid idea!

>ultrawide monitor
>unity
>tree style firefox tabs

Perfection.

No one likes wearing safety helmets, people wear them because they are literally forced to.

I'd love that at work, i'm an accountant and our software is super retarded, for basic shit i need 10 to 20 open windows of it at the same time to read out everything i need, a normal 27'' monitor is simply not enough for me.

and you're retarded if you think ALL VR headsets will be bulky and uncomfortable to wear, even the current ones are generally fine for an hour or two without issue, and like the other user said, it's not like anyone expects VR desktop use to take off with the current generation of HMDs ANYWAY since their resolution isn't high enough for good text legibility to begin with which is going to be required for good desktop replacement use.

What sort of accountant is only given ONE monitor?

I'm a fucking technical editor and my office gives me THREE 1080p displays and i'm not even close to management level.

The kind of accountant who has not managed to crawl into the boss's ass to ask for favors yet gets burried in work.

Shouldnt even be a favor, on day one I was asked if I wanted a third display and that two was standard. I said I was used to using multiple displays so a third would be awesome if it wasn't any trouble.

Next day I come in and there is a third monitor sitting next to the other two.

3440x1440 144hz IPS

This is the first time I have posted in this thread so don't call me retarded for things other people have said. Also what you said has no bearing on what I said which is that no one wears safety helmets because they want to. I wasn't talking about VR at all, only that.

Do you regret ever becoming an accountant? If you could redo your life would you still become one?

Lucky man... i'm forced since day one to work on an old core i3 computer - 6 years old or so, some of the more complicated reporting tools i created in Excel need 10 minutes to finish calculating.

how is 5ms not good enough for you?

Unless you're literally top 1% in an FPS game or similar shit, the difference between 5ms and 3ms would be basically nothing to you.

There is already a 3440x1440p IPS panel with 100hz and 5ms response time as i'm sure you're aware. If that isn't good enough for you, you'll probably be waiting awhile.

>1440
m8 were getting 8k before 2020

Sounds like you need a new job. That's some bullshit for an accountant to deal with only a single monitor.

I've literally never even heard of that in the past decade, almost everyone I know has at least two monitors these days if they are doing any real amount of computer work.

>If you could redo your life would you still become one?
I hate every single minute of it. It's a steady income alright, and not that bad consider where i live - ass end of the Alpes, but if you're not middle management you're the one who gets all the work which the higher accountants dont want to do any more.

If i could redo my life i'd take school serious and learn fucking math so i can learn something more useful.

i hope, can finally watch movies without black bars
also, shop it in half and you have a squareish laptop screen

I'd prefer the lowest latency possible, problem?

All the current '100hz' ultrawide monitors need to be overclocked and have flickering issues.

Also they're coming in Q2, didn't you know?

So? I'll just buy that when it actually exists.

>Also they're coming in Q2, didn't you know?
source?

Everything i've seen says we might see some VA panels, but IPS production lines aren't producing 1440p 144hz ultrawide panels as far as i'm aware.

Also it would require Displayport 1.3 or 1.4 which is only on the GTX 10xx and AMD 4xx GPUs. And barely any monitors.

Displayport 1.2 only supports up to 107Hz 3440x1440p due to bandwidth limitations.

My 34" ultrawide is pretty comfy desu. Thinking about getting 2 16:10 displays to put on the ends for ultimate shitposting.

NO NO NO NO WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO GET FUCKING WIDE IN THIS FUCKING WORLD

This. Everyone is using several screens around here. Why not use different AR for different purposes?

you don't need more than one monitor to use sage

>firefox

>unity