> cut it up
> segfaults
> open it again
> save after every tiny thing I do
> set first clip to 2x speed
> segfaults
> re-open project
> project now causes openshit to immediately segfault whatever I do
> oh and the title editor? there is none, nice amateur as fuck dogshit-looking preset titles and requiring me to install Inkscape to just have some plain white text on the screen. Oh you want to copy/duplicate a title? Haha good luck w/ that

> kdenlive
> install from ubuntu repositories
> instant segfault
> that's right, they release a supposed "stable" distro with broken software
> good job, retards

> pitivi
> load clip in
> start cutting it up
> suddenly freezes (yes I'm saying "freeze" to annoy all you spergs who'd rather I say "hang", how about you go hang?)
> not even crashes
> ctrl+C in terminal, fuck all
> not even kill -9 fucking does anything
> xkill the window, good enuff for now
> re-open it
> "recover project? it was autosaved"
> click yes
> shitivi freezes again
> same fucking deal
> oh and it can't even speed up or slow down videos, good fucking job

> cinelarra
> about 3 or 4 different versions, broken english everywhere, page apparently written by illiterate retard
> download one
> dogshit interface
> absolute dogshit, like worse than X11 shit from the 90s
> video clip doesn't work for no reason (muh wrong codec or some bullshit)

> LiVeS
> "the goodest non-linear and VJ tool!!!1"
> looks promising
> attempt to load clip
> segfaults blah blah blah u know the drill

> windows movie maker
> just werks

(cont)

Wow, good job you fucking retards. And to think you actually use this on a daily basis. What for, pecking at your keyboards on your dumb little pet projects like a bunch of autistic monkeys on typewriters? I can't believe I fell for this stupid fucking meme.

inb4 "you're too stupid 2 use loonix hurr", you're clearly too stupid to program something that actually fucking does the job.
inb4 "maybe u shud get a new computer", if I wanted a new computer every 2 years I would've stuck with windows in the first place, wouldn't I???
inb4 "you're a shill", I've LOST money on this from this dogshit software, if Microsoft want to pay me to shitpost like this on a daily basis I'd gladly accept just to spite you cunts.

This is Ubuntu. The one that's supposed to work effortlessly without all this fartassing around with command lines and archaic incantation bollocks that apparently we all still have to use. Imagine a new user downloading this only to find all the video editing software runs worse than Windows 98 with the flu. Seriously, this is beyond a joke.

I'm going back to Windows 7 and pirating after effects and/or sony vegas or final cut or whatthefuckever -- hell, even Windows Movie Maker, you know, something that was designed by competent programmers and actually does what it's supposed to. Now I know why all free software stinks like shit, because any programmer who's worth a bit of copper I pulled out my ass let alone a dime knows their work is worth more than free (i.e. FUCK ALL) like all yours is.

jesus dude calm the fuck down

If you want something professional why didn't you try Lightworks?
But yeah Ubuntu actually sucks.

>any *buntu
yeah it's trash, what did you expect?
get a real distro or move back to your Winshit.

>shilling movie maker
at least crack vegas or something

lightworks

>Star Wars, Episode II: Attack of the Clones, released in May 2002, is Industrial Light & Magic's (ILM) first movie produced after converting its workstations and renderfarm to Linux last year.

>“Linux is increasing the quality of our work, not the quantity”, says Andy Hendrickson, director of research and development. Large amounts of processing power enable more user control. He explains,

>ILM made a bold move to undertake their Linux conversion in the midst of a major movie production, switching while work was underway on Episode II. “We thought converting to Linux would be a lot harder than it was”, says Hendrickson. “Linux is so like what we had before. We pushed forward deployment in November 2001 and will finish conversion after Episode II.” During the changeover, ILM is supporting existing SGI IRIX machines and Linux PCs to avoid overwhelming users with too much change.

LIGHTWORKS

and get
the
fuck
out

>bb-b-b-but money
get a job you useless cunt

Get an imac 5k if you want god tier video editing.

Lightworks is buggy too.
Not nearly as bad as the others, but sound isn't working well in it.

"stable" pretty much means outdated which you probably dont want unless your running a server. I would advise you try a more up to date distro like fedora or something. As a linux user it is kind of expected you are savvy enough to find out why things arent working. If you cant do that and would rather write a long blog post about that its fine and maybe you should stick with windows. I've found kdenlive to be the best fit for me. It has a nice mix or functionality/ease of use.
polite sage

>segfaults

kdenlive werks on my machine. Are you sure you don't have faulty RAM?

The problem here is whatever distro he had put there, there would have been people saying "Distro X is shit! Try distro Y".
This guy just got too aggressive over one of the many problem of Linux - lack of good apps. You spend time installing a distro only to find out it is useless for your needs and you have to spend more time installing Windows back.

Did you use your package manager to install these or pull a wintard and download random shit manually?

>> openshot
>> import clip
>> cut it up
>> segfaults
Ctrl-z is your friend friend

Kdenlive works perfect for me, and fast. I used it first time few days ago, you should check ram and hdd

Get Adobe to make their products Linux compatible or just buy a Mac. No one said Linux was good for video editing.

Be mad in POO IN LOO land, Rajesh.

The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

Install cinnamon mint linux.
It's like a good ubuntu.

We know he is mad because soon he'll be deported back to curry land.

my friend does 4k video editing and he considers linux pretty bad with regards to video & sound editing.

Look at this noob thinking Linux can into video editing. Haha

Its your fault.
It works on my machine.

If you are unable to use a system properly it is not the systems fault, if you are too dumb to use linux you really should stay on windows.

Render farm made and managed by a professional company vs. a shitty program written by some faggot in his bedroom.

Stop misleading people.

avidemux is virtualdub's retarded cousin and the best video editor

>apps

It's true though. I just hate video editing in general so I do all my stuff from command line with ffmpeg.

Even on windows programs like adobe premier suck so fucking much it's insane. But at least they work and have some results on google for tutorials on shit.

>I'm a winbabby that isn't aware that Lightworks and DaVinci Resolve exist