/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

Cheating OP edition.

Previous thread >Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Have a question?
FAQ pastebin.com/LQxkS1mU (embed)
WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers
MORE REFERENCE gitla.in/ptgGuide/ptgGuide/tree/master
IRC #ptg irc.rizon.net 6697/9999 SSL only

>News
When autism reaches critical levels, news will get posted in this thread.
Want it sooner? Do it yourself or read the old thread.

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers
>This is a thread for educational purposes only don't offer or ask for invites.

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1ld0c8ilnhg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first niggers

all hail spagoot

CASPER

In case you missed it in the previous thread

>For those of you who requested recommendations for their tokens and liked my "old music". I created the tread on APL.

>tfw cheated so many TBs years ago and never cheated since
>tfw forgot how to cheat
>tfw ratiocucks BTFO

OPPAITIME!

just mRatio my shit up f am

>FLAC trumpable for having missing log
>transcodes from said FLAC all fine and non-reported
s-someone explain this?

mp3 babbies don't care about quality anyway

>unironically on aloopoop

fuck off retard ap isnt even bad, this forced meme is getting old

>the meanest mratio in the world can be the meeeeeeeeanest mratio in the world, if you cheat it that way!

Any user here that wants to look for an audiobook for me on MAM or bilibotik?

"The face on the milk carton" by Caroline B. Cooney. Audiobook.

Can't find it on any public trackers.
>inb4 bad book taste

>ap isnt even bad

It is pretty fucking messy. Moreso than the other challenger in this turd fight. Can't expect all the freeloaders to care about straightening anything out I guess.

>go to APO interview
>no need to wait
>give proofs of ratio from nya, bakabt and general ratios of your utorrent program
>tell few of your favorite albums
>YOURE IN, BOY! Welcome and GL!

>go to PassingHandPhone interview
>have to wait SEVERAL HOURS
>get scolded for asking invite (why not try your luck if you already waited so long, lol?)
>Copy paste answer to the question - "This looks like a quote from the interview site. You failed. Good luck next time"

Gee, i wonder which site is better and actually made FOR PEOPLE.

and why would the people on pth have any more motivation than ap

Get in MAM yourself faggot. It's easy

Yeah, I've never understood this desu.

just the epub on bib.

Caroline B. Cooney - The Face on the Milk Carton 1-4
MAM has it as a 362MB mp3 but I don't want to ruin my perfect ratio for you, sorry

why the fuck would you go asking for invites faggot, if you cant follow simple instructions you dont deserve to be on ANY private tracker

for the same mysterious reason a third of the userbase still has them whipped in total upload quantity. it's more of the users who gave a damn.

Thanks, atleast now I know it's in there, I'll try and get an account.

>we're al ready gone but keep donating, NO REFUNDS, yea keep on donating, it's waffles, you like to eat your waffles, YEA KEEP ON DONATING AAAAAA AAAHHH!!
>You hurt uncle waffles

Yeah, I've gotten to the point where I've started rooting for apollo a bit unironically, but it's still messy as fuck. Just fuck tons of shit people upload without knowing how to sort properly.

Because that's where the bulk of the autists who know how to sort this shit properly are. I can point to tons of examples even though they're all anecdotes I suppose.

I just feel like it will take pooloo years longer to clean up, even if reports do go faster (I think there's less reports bothered to be submitted in the first place)

t. embryo

just give it time and the shit will clear, on ap right now they are almost equal in quality with PTH being ahead by a bit

RIP TORRENTSHACK
The little 0day engine that couldn't.

What's that Karl does stuff thread all about in the forums?

Is there any reason to join TPS?

Personally I really don't find them equal, and I am speaking as someone who has put in plenty of effort in editing and improving things. Apollo feels too apathetic to invest much of that into. I feel it will take a minimum of 3 years at this rate to clean up its act.

>tfw waiting for OverDrive holds

Just usual forum autism. Stay away.

>Is there any reason to join TPS?
If you a forum whore yes and at the level of posting superwhore you get invites and nolife staff will share your e-mail and IP history with most tracker staff that ask for it .

the stats say otherwise user

Ghostleeched on TSH as well.
Thoughts?

I'm also on PTH but people asked if I could post it on APL and I didn't want to get /marked/ on PTH.

there are plenty of examples of messiness on PTH too. They're both baby trackers in comparison to other trackers out there.

Meant for btw

Not really. Their invite section is alright if you don't have a decent invite section tracker already like bB or PTH but the recruiters take forever. There isn't really any decent discussion in there either desu.

I definitely think the youtube2flac quality on apollo is just a meme. Most of the uploads there seem to be old what.cd torrents, likewise with pth. That said, the organization does feel better at PTH honestly. I suppose over time it will get better though.

Yeah, I guess that's true, both have their fair share of organizational issues compared to what.cd. For now I've given apollo the benefit of the doubt and started cross-seeding there, but I do hope the organizational issues get better overtime desu.

TPS got me banned from PTP

Fuck em

but... you use the same nickname on both sites lmao

Thanks, I won't waste my time then.

How?

How indeed?

Dont know peeps, whatever i requested on pooploop got rather pretty fast filled. I use pth for browsing and mostly pollo for downloading. I download too mp3
new releases each week.

Whats on oppaitime forum? Anyone knows?

>How?
>and nolife staff will share your e-mail and IP history with most tracker staff that ask for it .

>tfw still got 1 emp invite and no one want it

post your throwaway

[email protected]

Haha and i thought the need for potn was endless

Is there other way to get ratioboost on AR than idling on irc?

AR has a fucking ton of freeleech, it's basically a no ratio tracker.

fine

get the fuck out you curry
if you can't get ratio on AR...

>mp3
>oppaitime

pajeet pls

>tfw PTH freeleech is drying up
just a couple GB from PU, too

>just a couple GB from PU, too
you'll never make it

>responding to this pasta

I was elite on what.cd and got admitted to PTH last weekend, I'll be fine

Give 3 examples of pooloo being messier than PajeetTranscodingHeadquarters.

Is it just me or is the SPARKS 720p release pretty poor quality?

>SPARKS

el oh el at this faggot.

Thanks f͏͏a͏͏m.

[email protected]

Don't send the invite directly, send me an email and then I'll send you another one to avoid getting /marked/ for offering an invite on /ptg/

>tfw logged on the second the fl popped up
>tfw didn't grab any of it because I couldn't be bothered
I regret nothing

take the APL interview

>1.- are you human?
>2.- what's your favorite curry flavor?
>3.- ok, welcome

>Whats on oppaitime forum? Anyone knows?
trash

AB
Can't post screenshots now, maybe later.

>deleting your post
>current year

Been a while since someone posted this:
vocaroo.com/i/s1ld0c8ilnhg

Yes, I know but I couldn't wait for an Internal.

patience is a virtue

Merge artists is broken because they don't know gazelle.

I keep getting weird downloads with critical issues like Flac errors. Could be luck of the draw? But it's pretty wild how I keep managing to find fucked downloads at APL.

Almost every time I compare the album art people are uploading through ptpimg vs over there, it looks better. Not always, but often. A likely 3 year issue for APL and longer for obscure albums. I'm seeing more effort on some of the album descriptions as well.

The edition info on Apollo is objectively more of a fucking wreck way more of the time. Not that it is perfect all over PTH, but it still wow, almost every time I compare them I have a choice to take pity on it and fix it or give up on the sheer amount of work.

Some of Apollo's biggest uploaders seem to be using some of the most indiscriminate script shit I have ever seen widely implemented on a music tracker. PTH is not always innocent of this either, but a lot of the ways they are being rolled out are so far specific to APL.

I see a bunch of uploads that are carried over directly from What on both sites. At least I am seeing a higher percentage of improved tags on PTH.

I know I am forgetting more things, but I have other stuff to do right now!

very hook post imo

very aware how much you adore Apollo hookposter. sorry to burden you with some critical analysis!

You realize the interviews so far have like a 78% pass rate? Let that sink in.

Cool,whenever you can

>the just paid for my ipt invite
Feels good to be on my first pt!

Anyone know how much ptp charges to get in?
Thanks guys

>2.- what's your favorite curry flavor?
>A2.- lets see.... curry?!

I had to stop watching it 5 mins in. I haven't watched a scene release for about a year and probably noticed the difference.

>responding to a deleted post

pure autism

what was the flick?

>cheat during interview
>interviewer fails you

sounds like the system worked perfectly

Are you retarded?

I started typing out arguments to each point, but the post was getting way too long, and like you, I have things to do.

I have about equal upload amounts on both sites, but my experience has been overwhelmingly better on APL so far. Yeah, the selection is smaller, but I've run into far more examples of fucked editions, duplicates under different editions or album/artist names, extremely outstanding reports, etc.

Maybe it really is all in the eye of the beholder, but for how much shit /ptg/ gives pooloo, I have had a much better experience there so far.

Now we wait for
>hookshit
>pooloo staff
>pajeet
>etc.

I'm literally crying guys. How do I get into DB9?

Arrival. The SPARKS release looked really washed out and the sound was poor. Speech was really quiet and loud noises were deafening.

serves you right for having bad taste in film

I have seen some duplicates on PTH, I have no problem acknowledging there is some of those and that the report team is totally fucked for not hiring on more people to handle the mass amount. I am happy to point out both sites' flaws man. Apollo feels more chaotic and reckless in most regards to me, but I don't mean any disrespect to some people who seem to like something about it such as yourself.

its glorious when they finally come through

post ur letterboxd

I'm ready and willing to point out flaws with anything I use, and APL is certainly not without them. I guess I've just had an easier time looking past them.

>Apollo feels more chaotic and reckless in most regards to me

Its funny you say this, because I feel the literal opposite. PTH feels like they are just trying to rush to become WCD 2.0 and making a lot of mistakes a long the way. From what I remember, APL has already stated that they wanted to be something "different", so I guess they don't have the WCD-clone goal.

Who knows. I've found things I want on both, one over the other, and vice versa. At the end of the day, having two accounts seems to be a fine way to go about it.

What's the best movie and tv show manager/cataloguing program?

I'm just fucking with you, I haven't seen one flick by that guy. (Because his films look shit)
letterboxd.com/albion

>lettercuckd
Not him, but are you a fucking faggot?

The most pleb fucking site in existence. Please go back to tumblr

Each to their own lad, but whatever makes you feel better about yourself.

Mycock but you need to suck on it to work.

Well so far I think most of their only plans to be supposedly different have been kinda slutty! I have reservations about the disadvantages of their upcoming bonus point system, but I think it will help them win the popularity contest. Probably won't win the finding rarities and volume effort in the long run, but maybe popularity will take all. Waffles did fail for reasons like that. Though we're likely to have a better competition from these two sites and really just likely to have two major sites for the long term.

>The K Foundation Burn a Million Quid
noice
Arrival is pretty good, its linguistics with a cool soundtrack

You seem pretty mad buddy.

How do you figure it's not the same for Apollo? They had open signups and started "interviews" way too early in a really rushed attempt to become the next what.cd. This is just my personal opinion, but it seems like PTH is taking a much more cautious approach. I prefer that honestly.