Any advantages of having a laptop instead of a desktop? Other than mobility, I mean

Any advantages of having a laptop instead of a desktop? Other than mobility, I mean.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.community.dell.com/dell-blogs/direct2dell/b/direct2dell/archive/2017/01/05/world-first-32-inch-8k-overall-thinnest-monitors-ces-2017
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Normies won't think you are weird if you have a laptop

None other than mobility. Can't upgrade, more expensive, etc.

No.

You have mobility though.

mobility and tight working conditions.

Get a desktop if none of those are your concern.

I bought a gaming laptop as a desktop replacement in 2012. I was traveling a lot between states, and lived with 3 other people so conditions were tight living.

The laptop, however, aged nicely, but recently I went back to a desktop because I stopped traveling and live by myself now.

Get a desktop.

All-In-one form factor, yet a "better" bang for your buck ratio than a desktop All-in-one.

That and the already stated

Mobility is literally the only point of a laptop. Everything other than picking it up and carrying it with you can be done better with a desktop.

>battery life
>better screen
>trackpad
Ok kid

Comfiness over 9,000

Bait

Unless it's a gaymen laptop that looks like a Lamborghini's ass during pride week

>battery life
>implying I don't have a 10kva UPS

>better screen
en.community.dell.com/dell-blogs/direct2dell/b/direct2dell/archive/2017/01/05/world-first-32-inch-8k-overall-thinnest-monitors-ces-2017

>trackpad
>IM-FUCKING-PLYING

Using a laptop while lying in bed is maximum comfy.

are there any portable "desktop" chassis for sale?
basically the idea is someone that, first and foremost, uses regular desktop computer components, where you can choose which ones parts you want without being incredibly limited, that you can freely replace as certain ones become obsolete.

by portable, i mostly mean being able to take it with you without having to detach and pack the screen and keyboard wherever you bring your computer, instead having they attached with no wires to tangle

obviously I'm accepting reasonable setbacks from a laptop, i would be okay with it being 50-75 pounds, and not having an internal battery, but i would expect it to not be so unreasonably sized (volume wise) that i would be have great difficulty moving it myself.

quite literally only mobility.
and to pull in bitches with thinkpads

Mobility is the advantage. Nothing else. It's a huge enough advantage though, that it is worth it to use laptops as one's primary computer, rather than desktops.

Power consumption

aren't there some really shitty 'white box' laptops like that?

but if it's just something you want to move once in a while (eg between home and a college dorm) a good sff desktop would be ideal and just have a monitor at each place you're going

All in one system, no need to worry about the parts.
Cheaper in the long term.

with a laptop, you have a internal UPS

>you have a internal UPS
/thread

Only ameritards think that for some reason?