Tfw you will never own Skunkworks

>tfw you will never own Skunkworks

Other urls found in this thread:

shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info.php?products_id=3371&XTCsid=ho46un9j0nebdmb4mrg2ttu43l0qchvm
youtube.com/watch?v=8L1cz1Hr6Hs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

im okay with that

Fag

That would look cool if the colorscheme wasn't tacky as fuck

There have been yellow and orange configs as well if that's more your preference.

id take not having skunkworks over being a balding geriatric

That's certainly better. White on black would probably look the best though

Boring.

Why the fuck would you need TWO thicc 480 rads for?

One is for the CPU, the other is for the graphics cards. They're on separate loops.

But "need" has nothing to do with it. The system is designed to be as obnoxiously overkill as possible.

I'd rather have his 370z

That's right, because I didn't build it. If I didn't build it, I don't want it. I already have a custom loop. If there's anything in that system that I want but can't currently do, then I just have to git gud. The only thing I'm slightly jelly about is that I can't afford X99 or SLI Titan XPs.

How fucking cold do you need your computer to be?

>tfw no hard drives
also that shit is really starting to look chintzy

It's not about extra cooling at that point. It's about being able to run the fans at basically silent levels.

At that much volume and all that radiator you could get away with no fans.

Not likely. You'd be heat soaked fairly quickly without fans, because the heat would have nowhere to go. Rads made for passive use are much larger and have giant gaps between the fins to allow air to circulate.

If I had a rig that large I'd test it. Ambient room air flow should be just enough to kick it over the line for the CPU. Because the rad being mounted on to allows the heat to rise createing it's own flow. The GPU's would only need a small fan placed back in the closet/trunk/base whatever it's called. To give small air flow over a large space. If it was single it might be able to function without a fan.

You're missing the point idiot.

trichotillomania =|= balding

>Makes computers for his buddies that look way better than his own
As he chooses I guess

I really, really doubt it. If I were looking to passively cool a rig like that, this is what I'd use. It's full copper, almost a meter tall, and if you were to choose to apply fans directly to the fins to improve performance, it can take 24x140mm fans. Even then, I'm not sure if it could do it on it's own of if I'd have to put a 180mm fan in the bottom.
shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info.php?products_id=3371&XTCsid=ho46un9j0nebdmb4mrg2ttu43l0qchvm

There are two WD black hard drives in the back of the case.

Good
I don't want it, a fucking retard built it and it leaks all the time

>cards in parallel
wasn't he supposed to be a self proclaimed expert of watercooling?

Don't nitpick dipshit. They're customer PC's. Made for looks.

>top of the line components with a custom water-cooling loop

why is this so unattainable to you? you're not poor or something are you?

>nobody would lend me 200k for a house
>op is complaining about a rig that costs probably 4k tops

heh

that case looks like he found it in the dumpster from the outside

Oh look someone who doesn't understand how watercooling works.

It's less about not having enough money to buy a five thousand dollar system and more about not being able to afford to spend five thousand dollars on such a luxury item.

It's just colour co-ordinating now, like lego. Everything that fits together has a plethora of styles, colours and options to choose from.

There is nothing to it but checking boxes on an order form and putting it together, the hardest part is measuring bends. Measuring bends! Fuck me.

I've passively cooled (no fans) my 3770k for the last year in the bottom of a TJ07 on a 360x45mm rad. Never breaks 50c at 4.5 with 26c ambients.

You're mostly correct in that heat soak is an issue with the addition of 400w~ of GPU, but you can run most case fans as exhaust and build neg pressure to coax some 'passive' intake across the rads.

I'm not the best, I'm not the worst, but I know what I'm talking about. That aquacomputer tower would work (more than) fine with a small tube up top to encourage a more stable convection.

Either way, you're playing into their hands.

>It's just colour co-ordinating now, like lego

Sadly people still seem to fuck it up with rainbow RGB garbage.

how about silver black and gray

Sure, but look around.
Sup Forums used to be so anti rice, that even minimalism was hipster bullshit passing as a different kind of rice. Now keyboard threads are literally run by RGB, guts threads are CCT and LED strips out the ass. I think most normie fags think so long as there are colours, it's the best shit in town.

I just like my shit to look pretty. The fact that everything these days is being made almost totally color neutral means that you no longer have to put any effort into having a well coordinated guts.

>Tinfoil from the power cord
My fucking sides

My favorite bit is the sata cable tucked into the floppy disk.

>$4500 is a lot of money
Wew lad.

After having spent $2000 on a PC I can honestly say the price : worth ratio beyond 1200 quickly flatlines. Pretty much all the money you're spending past that point is redundancy or aesthetics. There's better things I could do with $5000 than blow it on a PC that will never be utilized to its "worth".

>*Twirls ironic moustache*

Colour neutral is great, but then we get the same old boring gut-
Hmm. I see there is a catch 22 going on here.

I was more bringing it up as a way to demonstrate that it's easier than ever to get a coordinated rig, with little to no chance of having to spend more money to do it than you would to just buy parts without paying attention to looks. Paying more for the same performance was really the only leg the anti-rice crowd ever had to stand on, and that's been kicked out from under them.

Also: Yes, things get samey, but it's still a better version of samey than EVERYTHING RED AND BLACK ALL THE TIME.

I'd rather have 3 40" 4k displays
youtube.com/watch?v=8L1cz1Hr6Hs

It's too fucking big

I want a Ryzen APU with HBM2 on package that can do everything I need it to in under a liter of volume

>It's too fucking big

Only fags think like that.

>I was more bringing it up as a way to demonstrate that it's easier than ever to get a coordinated rig
Even with all the RGB memes around, it still depends on what colours you want.
Personally, I don't want LEDs. I do want plain black with some white accents here and there.
My options, this in mind ? MSI Krait Edition motherboards and their Armor graphics cards, which unfortunately have some of the ugliest shrouds I've seen. It's very difficult to find a PSU that matches this, and I need to buy new nuts to mount my CPU block with just so I can paint them matte white, and I think I'm going to plasti dip the shroud on my next graphics card.

Moral of the story: White on black is a difficult colour scheme.

I do because I carry my PC

>MSI Krait Edition motherboards
Don't forget Asus and what they're now calling the Prime series mobos. Before they were just the ones that didn't fall into the ROG/TUF/Strix branding, but that still covers the majority of their boards on X99, Z170, and Z270.
>Armor graphics cards, which unfortunately have some of the ugliest shrouds I've seen
Galax.

But white is considered a neutral color as well.

Those Prime boards go overboard on the white and have gaudy grey heatsinks as well. I know it's nitpicky as hell, but that's sort of half the point. I know about Galax but, similarly, too much white.

I know white is a neutral colour, but when manufacturers go for colour neutral they tend to either go full black or black+grey+white, neither of which I want. Pic related, on the other hand.

Seems kinda high-maintenance to me, Jay seems to have never-ending leaks with the damn thing.

Quite frankly, an ITX system with a 7700K and GTX1080 or Titan XP would already offer 90% of the performance of SkunkWorks, because 'muh cores' barely adds to performance even in some highly-threaded programs, overclocks don't matter much on modern chips (only adds heat), and there's no real reason to have SLI in 2017 for any reason. A single Titan can do 4K at 60 just fine if you're so desperate.

4K is not the be-all and end-all. I'm personally a fan of triple monitor setups, and a single Titan XP would have trouble driving a 7680x1440 144Hz setup on it's own. Even in SLI, a 11520x2160 setup is still unreasonable to drive to 60Hz without reducing graphical quality.

Or you could just run one of these outside your room (I plan on running mine outside my house, and running tube through a gap in my window, so noise isn't an issue), have no need for radiators at all (or even case fans if you block everything in your build)...and run your entire loop at 12-14C, to stay above ambient and allay condensation...or if you are mad ni/g/gerish, insulate everything (including the tubing) and mod your chiller to run at -10c (regas it with r403 for even lower temps), and then pump absurd amounts of volts into your CPU and GPU and OC the them to high hell.

I'm just waiting on Zen, to see if the SR3 can keep up with a 7700K in ST and IPC when both are heavily OC'ed, and then I will go with whichever is the best, and chill it.

>12-14C
>above ambient
user, would you happen to be an American? 14 is well below the average room temperature (~21 degrees)

That was a rough figure thrown out there, its all dependent on humidity levels where you are situated, you go by the dew-point...on average though, setting a chiller to 14C, shouldn't form condensation on the block, fittings, or tubing..but I suppose one could make a controller out of an arduino relatively easily...I plan on insulating all of my components excessively, regassing the compressor in the chiller with r403, modding the wiring and having it run at -10 or below...and I'm Australian, not American.

>I'm Australian, not American.
My bad. I just assumed you weren't overly familiar with the metric system, like those "patriotic" morons that still cling to Imperial measurements.