better compilation times
better speed optimizations

GCC is deprecated at this point.

cc is just a symlink to gcc you cunt

Thanks

arch user detected

none

>something something detected
You're disgusting, please end your life already.

>t. RMS

no, and clang is still shit

virgin detected

>[citation needed]

>implying

So you don't have any argument to claim Clang is shit? go away freetard.

same, give proofs idiot

Better compile messages and debugging.
Can act as intelligent code completion for IDE and editors.

GCC compiles about as fast and optimizes as well or better still.

nothing yet? then clang is shit

Seems like you tried to make an argument here:
Still can't make it, poor deluded freetard.

It can't compile harmful software such as Linux kernel.

There are patches for Linux that replace the usage of GCC-specific features and allow it to be compiled by clang

as I imagine, this is a troll thread

Doesn't implement all of the GNU c extensions.

>waaa people can't use clang, RMS said we sould use GCC!

>GCC compiles about as fast and optimizes as well or better still.
nigga pls.

news.mit.edu/2017/optimizing-code-compiler-parallel-programs-0130

Meaning?

>not using Intel C/C++ compiler

>falling for jewish tricks

It can be used to create useful software

youtube.com/watch?v=UtwaK-s9QRI

How does one even use this shit anyway? I tried running the --help flag and it gave me fucking sanskrit.

At least gcc has clear instructions.

msvc

i'm pretty sure clang has exactly the same flags as GCC

I think i tried the windows version once and it was a cluster fuck.

AHHAHAHAHAH...

Stallman got BTFO!

AHAHAHAHAH

i think this is the full talk.

youtube.com/watch?v=NURiiQatBXA

Support for xcore

>those people in the comments defending awful design
fuck freetards

He even admits in the video that it works like shit on windows. No wonder i had so many problems with it.

Let me know when i can at least cross compile on the ubuntu subsystem with it.

faster compiles, tends to implement new language standards quicker, includes a full static analyzer, modular so it can be embedded more easily, more advanced instrumentation libraries, and non-viral license.

gcc has mostly caught up in descriptive error messages, its code optimization is still slightly better, and there are a few gcc-specific extensions that clang has not implemented which makes some software dependent on gcc.

give it some time, it's not quite as mature as GCC on windows

even then i always thought GCC on windows sucked, i can't stand using windows for any kind of development

CC is not a compiler, but a symlink to the system C compiler. It could point to GCC, Clang, ICC, or some other compiler set by the user.

Compared to GCC, you'll probably get faster compiles, but not necessarily faster binaries.

That's from 2013....

I think that's before they even offered windows builds

I just use mingw on the ubuntu subsystem to cross compile. Works for me.

Every time you use clang instead of gcc, richard stallman cries. ;)

wtf I love clang now

Good. You should be using Clang over that garbage fucking heap anyway.

Better compile times. Actual compilation is more of a bottleneck than you think. How about syntax checking and output? Yep, much better. Ask me about it. Warnings in GCC are so fucking bizarre in comparison, I don't know which way is up. Ask me about it. Im willing to go to fucking war over this.

When Im in charge of Compiler development at Intel, the trifecta of compilers still run circles around that shit heap.

There is none, at least for now. Clang produces under-performant software. The (((ONLY))) reason people use it is because they are vegan hipsters that want to look cool by avoiding GNU.

Clang is no where near as matured as GCC.

(Samefag)
Caught a live one. See how angry a hipster gets? If Clang is so "superior" you would not have to desperately samefag as much to ((defend)) it.

Furthermore CC is not a compiler. It links to your default C compiler so it may either be GCC or Clang.

LLVM/clang made C++ great again

If it is not GPL is fucking dogshit.
Also:
> Its contributors include Apple, Microsoft, Google, ARM, Sony, Intel and Advanced Micro Devices (AMD). It is open-source software,[6] with source code released under the University of Illinois/NCSA License, a permissive free software licence.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clang

I don't see what's wrong with this.
Some entitled faggot wants to steal code from an open source project to build cancerous closed source shit (e.g. osx or whatever the fuck they call it now) and got told to kindly fuck off.

What kind of shit distro do you use where cc isn't Plan9's C compiler?

>Clang
LLVM has a better front-end / back-end system and is much more simpler to extend than GCC

Is it working on windows? Last time i checked it wasnt easy like gcc to make it work

You can bet your bottom dollar it works on Windows. Quite well actually.

>better compile times
Irrelevant when GCC's output is much better optimized. Unless you spend more time compiling your program than actually using, at which point you and your software suck.

>better error messages
Irrelevant, unless you're that much of an inexperienced programmer that you can't make sense of GCC's warnings. That's why Clang is the most popular compiler in the classroom, but GCC is the most popular compiler in actual production.

Is it easy to setup like gcc? I know you can use it with VS

>Visual Studio
>allowing anything but MSVC
wut

Do you mean Visual Studio Code?

No, visual studio, you can setup other compilers and it uses clang for cross compiling

Wow, Microsoft really changed after Ballmer left.

GCC is fine you fucking sperg
What about you actually code instead of finding excuses to postpone working?

GCC binaries are faster than Clang's.

ayy don't give a shit. I use what is required by the code which is gcc 100% of the time for me.

cuck license

>itt: people who haven't seen a single recent benchmark between these 2 and talk shit like they have

Sup Forums is pajeet, they like buzz words

yet you don't post why is shit

you sure are good at pulling shit out of your ass

Proof?

Or chinks. Either way their usage betrays them, no matter how short a post they make they will find a way to fuck it up.

what the everloving fuck, nigger

>your system is his system
Wow you burned him!

GCC can compile linux kernel
Clang doesnt't (Cantlang anyone?)

>cc is just a symlink to gcc you cunt
>no it fucking isn't
>your system is his system

That's precisely the point, you illiterate fuckwad

>GCC can compile linux kernel
>Clang doesnt't
Read the fucking thread, sodomite.
goto: >There are patches for Linux that replace the usage of GCC-specific features and allow it to be compiled by clang

and what use are those patches for me if the produced binary will be slower than that made by gcc?

Only for specific architectures and with specific kernel configurations.

llvm.linuxfoundation.org/index.php/Main_Page

No niggers. I will not chase the goalposts. You said Linux can't be compiled with Clang, and it can. Fuck you.

>look, clang manages to compile Linux for my SPARC architecture as long as I disable preemption
It's a long way yet.

I posted the link, I'm genuinely glad that there is progress in making Clang compile Linux because it's objectively a better compiler and a healthier community, but there's a long way left.