Kaby Lake update

Greetings.

Cheaper 200-series mobos are very scarce, and there aren't any H210 (or whatever they will call the H110 equivalent) mobos on sale yet. As such, the Celerons are still the same.

Your comments, comments, and criticisms are welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamer.com/heres-why-ddr4-ram-prices-have-spiked/
blog.neweggbusiness.com/components/whats-deal-computer-ram-prices/
digitaltrends.com/computing/ram-prices-are-increasing-until-third-quarter-2017/
youtube.com/watch?v=Ginx7WKq5GE
youtube.com/watch?v=UEu2EriTUPE
gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5769
gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5488#ov
gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=5488
ark.intel.com/products/97452/Intel-Celeron-Processor-G3930-2M-Cache-2_90-GHz
ark.intel.com/products/97451/Intel-Celeron-Processor-G3950-2M-Cache-3_00-GHz
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I just want a Sandy Bridge.

Hope you find some motivation.

Feedback, please.

Anyone?

one thing I would suggest is to stop recommending 4GB of ram as an option all together.
Most games and programs use more than that, and it really shows in performance which drops significantly as long as they pass over the 4gb mark

RAM was getting cheaper, before prices started rising:

pcgamer.com/heres-why-ddr4-ram-prices-have-spiked/
blog.neweggbusiness.com/components/whats-deal-computer-ram-prices/
digitaltrends.com/computing/ram-prices-are-increasing-until-third-quarter-2017/

Cannot really remove a cheaper option right now. Perhaps when supply stabilizes again, and RAM prices drop, 8GB will become the default for more builds on the cheap end.

Thank you. You've helped me twice.

Most welcome. It is a community effort... even though this thread is a poor indication of that. In previous threads, hundreds (thousands total) of helpful people, like helped me with feedback.

Reminds of this song: youtube.com/watch?v=Ginx7WKq5GE

You should probably move the 1060 3gb down to the RX 470 level pretty soon. Driver maturation is coming into full effect.

You should also probably replace the EVGA G1 unit with the GQ (both are FSP built units, GQ is an update) and the G2 units with the G3 (Leadex 1 vs Leadex 2 platform) They're both going for cheaper than the older models actually (except the 850 on amazon)

also all your 4tb drive blurbs are just the 2tb ones.

Noted. The 4TB blurbs I can fix straight away (you will see the fix live in ~15-20 minutes). Adding your suggestions to my list when I update the PSUs.

Thanks!

the RX 470 and 480 have 4gb and 8gb versions with different prices just like the GTX 1060 has 3gb and 6gb version

The GTX 1060 3GB is a cut down, weaker version of the GTX 1060 6GB, whereas the 470/480 with 4GB or 8GB have the same GPU, and differ only in VRAM.

go fuck yourself

youtube.com/watch?v=UEu2EriTUPE

i assume i can run W7 anyways, its not as if kabylake suddenly doesnt support x64 or x86
i mean i can install clean W7 on a 3rd gen i7 and it will work even though there's almost 4 years difference between both releases

All fine and dandy, but I feel the there are some 200 series boards that can still be pushed into the Extremist and Enthusiast categories. But you are correct they are few and far between when I built mine.

Kaby Lake CPUs are also compatible with H110 boards.

May need a BIOS update and the worst fucking thing is finding out you can't boot your new rig cause you need a BIOS update which you can't do because you don't have a processor compatible with the current bios.

I assume yes. At least, I have not heard otherwise.

200 series has been 1151 only, so far.

Without a BIOS update?

Many of the newer H110 boards like Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2V only have a BIOS that works with Kaby Lake.

gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5769

this is why i spent the extra 30 bucks and got a MB with 7th gen intel support out of the box
fuck gigabytes stupid bios runaround shit

That board says it supports Skylake.

Fuck off. Falcon is the only good tripfag because he actually brings something to the table, although I would prefer to have him remove his trip in other threads -- but it's fine because he doesn't spam every thread like most tripfags.

All Socket 1151 boards support Skylake.

Patently false.
gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5488#ov

what's wrong with using a tripcode?

That board is listed as supporting 26 different Skylake CPUs.

gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=5488
100% Skylake, unless I am missing something.

Ah, very nice! Thanks! This is excellent, as I can add the G3930 and G3950!

Fuck, I'm drinking and my brain swapped Kaby Lake and Skylake. You are absolutely right.

I guess I'm argumentative tonight for no reason.

>when falcon is going to have to spend hours refactoring on ryzen's launch

I do that with every major launch anyway, and practically every month for price updates.

>whereas the 470/480 with 4GB or 8GB have the same GPU, and differ only in VRAM.
and price
your site is obviously for people not following the current tech trend
they might not know which one to buy and why
there is a price next to the gpu in your sheet and that price belongs to either 4gb or 8gb (my guess would be the 4gb version)
could you at least specify that it's the 4gb version
if you think the 8gb version is not viable than don't put it in your sheet it's fine I get it
but don't mislead the people (even unintentionally)

>they might not know which one to buy
I link it too.

>and why
You make a good point. I will update the description in the popup.

>I will update the description in the popup

4gb of system ram is hardly even entry level these days. 1060/3 should be par or below 470/4. would move 460/1050 2gb to entry

I think there is still room for an i3-6100 on an h110 if you're going to bother including the g4600 at $3 less than the 4620.

just my $.2

>You should probably move the 1060 3gb down to the RX 470
Makes it a bit awkward. The price is $10 more than the 480. Maybe I should move both down... would still be awkward.

Falcon, is still there a monthly updated image version of your guide?

Is this logical? The main pick remain the same, just more alternatives.

No, not for a long time. But you can take a screenshot of the site, it would be the same.

>Is this logical?
Pic related.

Y/N?

Why not just remove this overpriced card?

It is not that straight-forward any more. With the current split between older games and newer (DX12) games, if two cards are close in performance and price, I would recommend both.

Go try to find drivers for it.

>every place in the world has those same exact prices

I have nothing to contribute, but thanks for your efforts.

Most welcome. It is a community effort.

But you make money off it, correct?

I do.

It is midnight here, so I am off to bed. Will update the rest of the guide soon.

Honestly you can remove the 1060 3GB all together seeing how much better the RX480 is, especially with the new drivers.

So we kinda do some of the work for you? Sounds extraordinary Jewish.

And meanwhile you're happy with being Microsoft's QA department?
Same argument.

I thought this chart actually had some logic and scientific research behind it and that you take your sources from anywhere but a degenerate anonymous board filled to the brim with autistic neets that choose software and hardware "freedom" over performance and utility. This board is literally opinionated buzzfeed.

Im not tho

- Make a segment for m-itx and m-atx boards. Not everyone is interested in full size cases.
- i3 are literally useless when compared to modern Pentiums with ht.
- 2/4gb systems are unacceptable even for biggest poorfags.
- H210 probably won't exist.
- Kaby Lake is still a meme in my opinion and if I had to choose between 6700k and 7700k I'd go for Skylake at any given day.

ark.intel.com/products/97452/Intel-Celeron-Processor-G3930-2M-Cache-2_90-GHz

ark.intel.com/products/97451/Intel-Celeron-Processor-G3950-2M-Cache-3_00-GHz

Switch to Kaby Lake Celerons, there's no reason to use Skylake Celerys at all

Kaby Lake is literally badly oced Skylake with more expensive mobos and no option to oc their non-k CPUS with older revisions of bios (unlike Skylake). Tell me why exactly is it better?

The need for ram isn't whether you want to save $25, but for having a PC that can actually sustain two instances of chrome

Are you retarded or what?

Newer production runs of mobos all ship with newer BIOS & firmware that blocks overclocking on Skylake

You can't overclock at all, period

Damn I'm glad I bought everything through PCP links and just had LI up in a new tab

You're the fucking retard here. You can still oc Skylake to this day by reversing BIOS. It fucks up with few functions of your mobo like temperature reads but it's still doable you fucking illiterate nigger.

The pint is he can't rollback the bios to BLCK support without losing Kaby Lake support
Or in a Z270 case, roll back at all

Kaby Lake has HEVC Main10 and VP9 Profile2 10bit hardware decoding support

That alone is much more useful than overclocking

So does any 10-series nvidia GPU, and the 980ti

>4K streaming
>iGPU
>significant to 95% of normal people

95% of people can't even afford internet speeds that would make it worthwhile.

You need 16gb for that

this one is really confusing
it's not your fault but nvidia's
which Titan X are we talking about?
Maxwell or Pascal?
they both have the same name
and it's not indicated in your description

bump for falcon
come one birdie

see
>It is midnight here, so I am off to bed. Will update the rest of the guide soon

You'll be bumping for a few more hours.