Why don't ubuntu users care that Canonical spies on them...

Why don't ubuntu users care that Canonical spies on them? Ubuntu is probably the worst gnu+linux distro because it gives the impression that it's "free" but it's just as bad as Google or Apple.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jUibaPTXSHk
youtu.be/radmjL5OIaA?t=55m19s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Woah, someone actually cares about intentional spyware?

Good luck trying to even have a honest agreement, because expect all the replies in this thread to be something along the lines of "toe jam" and "communism".

When it comes to ubuntu i will send crash reports and some usage/hardware statistics, but don't opt in for the online amazon search. I hope it will help with determining serious bugs earlier.

Because Stallman said that. Fuck you, Canonical, Stallman and Lonix.

Because most of Stallman's argument is just force his "views" onto others, he said we would stop developers from writing closed sourced software if he could (LAS interview).
He doesn't try to convince people anymore, he just want to force them to do his will.
If people willingly want to give information, be it to Google, Facebook, Canonical, whoever, it's their choice, as simple as that.
If liberal arts faggots bend over Adobe to be fucked up, it's their own choice.

This can't be real

Stallman

it's time to fap, you disgusting neckbeard pedophile.

because they dropped that shit years ago, but freetards still push that retarded meme, alongside "windows doesn't have a kernel, but is a frontend for dos"

You mean systemd/Ubuntu.

I'm using TempleOS, pedophile.

Awww look, it's retarded!

Free software is in decline, zealots won't recognize this so they attack other projects and companies, the couldn't compete so they cry.
Now that they push for (((diversity))) the decline has just accelerated.
Open source won, it's over.

stallman would care more about non-free software included in the repos than voluntary data sending. I mean if you send reports you have to go through the pain-in-the-ass procedure of clicking 2 boxes and giving your sudo password, no one will do this if they don't really want to. And sending usage statistics is basically the used programs and hardware details, both are important for choosing the default programs and installed/precompiled kernel modules/drivers/firmware so the system works out of the box.

i don't use unity though, so am i good?

xfce for the winnerino

The CEO is a literal government backdoor. Anything that cunt has touched is not to be trusted.

>problem solver
>hasn't killed him yet

yeah.
Stallman has his uses, but he's too much of a zealot to understand real life conditions.
Also, his ourageous butthurt when people don't kiss his ass.
Wish Raymond was the face of free software instead.

Telemetry (you can easy disable) is not fucking spying. Microcuck literally logs your keystrokes.

>spying isn't spying because [other firm] spies harder

You are new and know nothing about Stallman.

>stallman would...
If you've actually ever seen an interview with Stallman, you wouldn't project bullshit.

How the fuck is an option that helps bugfixing spying? Besides you can always disable it when you do trust them and it's basically one click.

On Windows you have fucktons of options (most not even available in standard settings) you have to adjust and still can't decide about them all.

If MS had voluntary telemetry like every piece of software ever released most people wouldn't give a fuck.

>it's just as bad as Google or Apple
False statement.

>yes goy, your data is used only for bug fixes!

and microsoft says they use your keystrokes to improve text prediction

you're a special kind of retard for believing one and not the other

Tangentially related, what's out there in terms of free video chat software?

youtube.com/watch?v=jUibaPTXSHk

He says that he would prefer everyone use free software, but he also says he wouldn't force it because that would infringing on the freedom of others to choose to give up freedom.

It's basically like constant crash reporting and you can actually see what they send. Besides again, you can just disable it if you're autistic.

>microsoft says they use your keystrokes to improve text prediction
Which can be done anonymously like Apple does with Siri, yet they choose not to.

>no skype client for distro
>does not work even in M$S own modern.ie VM
>Hangouts shits itself on FF
>get couple kb tox client
>video chat works like a charm out of the box
>what is this magic

too bad all the HR fags want to communicate on skype. Security and privacy comes right after, but having a working piece of software is refreshing

>you can always disable it
>implying disabling it changes anything

If you're that paranoid, why even using a computer. All your open sores shit is backdoored by reptilians too.

youtu.be/radmjL5OIaA?t=55m19s
I don't know, he seems quite eager to force people.
This video is gold, you can finally see this man's true colors.

install linspire

No one likes you anymore, Stallman. Get over it.

is Stallman the "i wish to kill proprietary companies" guy that uses the words "free" "freedom" 40 times a minute, and gets triggered scarf guys accidentally says "Linux"?

Those two sound like uninformed buffoons. They should have prepared for the interview by spending time on reading up on free software instead of having a conversation full of confusion and misunderstanding.

Let's start with this from FSF to clear up the starting point:
>Free software is software that gives you the user the freedom to share, study and modify it. We call this free software because the user is free.
and from gnu.org
>“Free software” means software that respects users' freedom and community. Roughly, it means that the users have the freedom to run, copy, distribute, study, change and improve the software. Thus, “free software” is a matter of liberty, not price. To understand the concept, you should think of “free” as in “free speech,” not as in “free beer”. We sometimes call it “libre software,” borrowing the French or Spanish word for “free” as in freedom, to show we do not mean the software is gratis.
and
>Free software means that the software's users have freedom. (The issue is not about price.) We developed the GNU operating system so that users can have freedom in their computing.
>Specifically, free software means users have the four essential freedoms: (0) to run the program, (1) to study and change the program in source code form, (2) to redistribute exact copies, and (3) to distribute modified versions.
Now, this can be a bitter pill for the gaymen industry at present, but it doesn't have to be in the longer term because gaymesu are made of many components not all of which are software.

He still couldn't explain how to implement a free software model into a company that makes software.
He just went to the usual oh you shouldn't have done that in the first place.
In the same interview he said we could coerce people and didn't have a problem with it.

1. I understand canonical is probably selling info on my habits and preferences. But i dont care, because i have no other options. What WOULD be helpfull is a. I was told exactly how to tweek ubuntu to render it less invasive, or b. Told which other debian linux to use that is as good and has as good an open online support. Ive never had a problem i couldnt fix easily by doing a search. Basically i dont have enough clock cycles to deal with this issue but would except others experience.

2. I am totally unmoved by ethical issues. I operateon the werner von braun principle- if these bastards will sponsor the technology to go to the moon, then i'll take it. All technology has roots in "unethical" military or industrial enterprise run by alpha salesmen.

3. RH should take an open souce approach to reproduction and adopt some orphaned high school tech geek and bequeeth this collection of 11" floppies to his heirs. It would fill all his environmental specs.

Serious question, is this shit with canonical still relevant?
Does it extend to other *buntu distros or just Ubuntu with unity?

>Why don't ubuntu users care that Canonical spies on them?
Because I'm not severely autistic.

This

Good question. This bothers me too. Another thing that bothers me, is that Ubuntu is just Debian + spyware, what's the fucking point in the first place?

Miscegenation OS is what it is.

>Ubuntu is just a downstream Debian
This was maybe true ten years ago.

Still just as true today.

>this is a 10/10 in britain

Sadly this. Stallman used to make pleas and arguments, he would pose interesting questions, etc. Something snapped when he wrote the GPL2 and by GPL3 time he had gone full retard.

He just says, we should and must do shit his way. That's not an argument.

>Still just as true today.
No, it's not.

Queen of butterfaces

otherwise it's just WRONG!

1. The question is "Do you accept being spyed on and how deep can this spying go". And with Ubuntu, you actually can answer the question. Unlike, apple, google or microsoft.
2. You can stop the spying if you are interested in doing so.
3. Cannonical is an actual company worth millions. You can't expect a company to act like hippies. There are other linuxes too, that Ubuntu does support and is responsible for bringing popularity to pretty much every linux distro. And by popularity I don't mean only plebish everyday users, but actual economical popularity and value to Linux.