Is 20 yo too late to learn programming ?

is 20 yo too late to learn programming ?

It's never too late.

Not even close. 40+ is where you are hitting a genuine concern, but it is still possible if someone is willing to train you.

If you work hard starting now, by 23-25 you could be guaranteed a job if you build a strong portfolio.

It takes a good month to be familiar with a language enough to do basic tasks and after that things only get easier.

t. Neet

>tfw proficient but haven't bothered to start a portfolio

After 16 you are essentially going to be stuck in pajeet tier programming jobs

Over 20 you are not going to make it past the interview stage in any corporation as they need young people in their twenties

Well I have a job without college. Took me 3 year of training and almost drove me insane and suicidal (not kidding). T 21atm. Still not going to collage.

it's always too late if you don't start immediately

No. I have a degree in mechanical engineering but started programming when I was 28. I am completely self-taught and I am now 35 working a well-paid position at a good company. I will say my engineering background did help significantly getting my job since I work in robotics, but I still had to pass a standard software developer whiteboard interview like everyone else I work with.

I do think that having some sort of formal STEM education background is important though. I did not have to blink an eye when I got into complex mathematics while I was self-teaching myself.

>college
>collage

Lies. Companies hire you based off experience. I've met people that start in their mid 30s to 40s and still school children. Its all about how hards you...

work work work work work
he see me do me work work work work work
na me do bee work work work work work
scooby dooby work work work work work.

lead programmer at my work learned how to program at 32

It's not too late and companies really don't care about age that much. The big problem is a lot of older people have issues with having a boss much younger than them.

oh look another LARPer who knows nothing about the real world lol

Yes.

I wrote my first compiler when I was 16. At 20 you're too old to start lol. At 20 I was already doing my PhD in quantum cryptography. Skipped a few classes.

Don't worry your pretty head with such things. Get a job in the food industry or something. I kind of envy people like you. Ignorance is bliss.

I sometimes imagine how life would be if I was a normie like you. You can't imagine the burden of being a genius. Sometimes it is unbearable.

If at 20 you're not 100pct certain what your calling is, you're already too late and a normie. You can still enjoy life though. More than we can actually. Life is torture for me. I am tortured by the problems I am solving. I can't just relax like you normies

Sure, sure.

>hard work
1950 wants his meme back

Only if you're a Hackerman and listen to vapor.

Yes, at 20 years old your brain chemistry rewires itself so that you are physically unable to learn any new skills. That's why most degree plans build your framework within the first two years.

Sorry, you're gonna be flipping burgers for the rest of your life.

You can develop your own OS at 17, with GUI, etc. So making a compiler at 16 is not impossible. Especially since we are not talking about details such as quality, stability, or even what kind of compiler.

colliage

If this isn't a bait, start taking care of your health and stop eating like shit you fucking pretentious submissive purposeless monkey.

Or just end your suffering and kill yourself already.

neurosciencefag here, actually the brain tends to be set after 25, as it's fully formed now. You can still learn totally new skills after that point though, it'll be a bit harder. Also it depends on what you've done up to that point, for example if you learn a foreign language at 20-23, learning a new one in your 30s won't be that much harder to do: it's not a totally new skill.

i often find that people who do program 10y+ can suck so bad at solving problems and designing software that i would never let them touch anything i have to maintain
i also find that a lot of