SIGNAL FOR ANDROID RELEASES BETA WITH VIDEO AND ENHANCED CALLING SUPPORT

>Changes in 3.29.1:

> Experimental support for next generation video and voice calling. To enable, toggle Signal Settings -> Advanced -> Video calling beta. Calls to or from contacts who also have this setting enabled will use the new next generation calling feature and support video. The upcoming Signal iPhone beta release will include the same functionality.

>Please give us feedback on how it works for you, thanks!

apkmirror.com/apk/open-whisper-systems/signal-private-messenger/signal-private-messenger-3-29-1-release/

Join the beta or just get the apk.

github.com/WhisperSystems/Signal-Android/issues

REPORT BUGS HERE.

WE VIDEO NOW, NIGGERS. ALSO, VOICE CALLING SEEMS TO HAVE IMPROVED. OPUS?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/technology/2017/jan/13/whatsapp-backdoor-allows-snooping-on-encrypted-messages
whispersystems.discoursehosting.net/t/voice-video-beta/760/4
github.com/WhisperSystems/Signal-Android/pull/5812
politico.com/story/2017/02/federal-workers-signal-app-234510
microg.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>requires google services
botnet

deal with it

nobody uses this shit

Botnet

yes they do

or i can continue using Riot for matrix so i don't have to worry about the implications of using some garbageware that depends on Google bullshit and a nonfree server.

poors man whatsapp

get with the times, amerishits

>apkmirror
>not https
>not in google play

FUCK OFF

>using the Whatsapp botnet

>messaging app
>those permissions

LOL

it is in google play you retard

panic.jpg

whatsapp uses signal's protocols. AND then whtasapp gets vulnerability exposed after audit while Signal is not vulnerable...

source:
theguardian.com/technology/2017/jan/13/whatsapp-backdoor-allows-snooping-on-encrypted-messages

had you read the article? it should explains why whatsapp does that. else shit source.

>not living in Japa and using Line

lol nah

I just updated Signal through the play store, and had a nice surprise. The current beta (3.29.1) has updated WebRTC support, which is a Huge Thing (TM) because of many reasons:

>Signal gets video support
>Signal's audio get's updated to Opus which means better call quality
>It means that the pull request to remove the hard dependency on Google Play Services is on track for merge
>This removes the Call code from the Signal Server, making a completely open source Signal Server possible.

This is good shit, guys.

no i read it a long time ago now i quote it like the bible

Whatsapp is garbage

This is nothing. I'll be impressed when they fix the bug which causes you to be thrown to home screen when you close (swipe to left or right) Signal from open application list.

Botnet app
>Wire already did this and more
Stop with the botnet meme apps

Fair enough. Where does Wire get their funding though? I've never seen FOSS so polished and well made before.

also me

this is a direct quote from wire support article:

There are no ads, banners, popups, takeovers — none of that. Wire does not sell your usage data to advertising companies. Created by some of the key people behind Skype, Wire seeks to harness the demand for an independent ad-free messaging platform, and serve as the future of digital communications.

HOW??

Take it here you fuckers.

This is a Signal chat.

Investors. They claim they intend to release some paid features.

Botnet and nsa backdoor

so is this like Wire but worse?

you don't use wire

Finally Signal will be worth using.

I've been using Signal but Wire is fucking nice.

Fuck off, Wire shills

>still looks like shit
>still nobody uses it
>so nobody cares

Meh.

Open Whisper Systems even replied to that article calling out the retarded author.

Of course that Jew Moxie replied.

>nobody uses it
I don't get this meme. Outside of the friends and family you talk to why do you care if every retarded normie uses this or not?

They're going to start soon enough, especially with this meme administration in office and Britain going full 1984

BOTNET

Most of the West is already 1984. The new administration in the USA will likely keep things status quo after what Bush(s) Clinton and Obama put in place. Shit has been going on since the late eighties and nineties at the very least. That was the time to fight back and now it's gone.

I don't think the current administration is going to make things worse. I think left propaganda is going to go full 1984 warning and liberals/Dems are suddenly going to care about privacy.

There are many lefties that like privacy. For example, the EFF, Mozilla, and Stallman.

Trump is already destroying what Obama put in place and liberals are running scared, using Signal to hide from them, even in government.

Fuck yeah!

>liberals/Dems are suddenly going to care about privacy.

Yep, and only for them.

politico.com/story/2017/02/federal-workers-signal-app-234510

Signal is e2e for normies

What do you use, mr. edgelord?

Sup Forums wants things to not become popular

LINUX PROGRAM WHEN

audit the code you shithead

>needs my phone number for registration

>doesn't have a phone

Get a job

WhatsApp having the same encryption made Signal obsolete. Signal is basically WhatsApp with less features and WAY less users. But it still requires your phone number, so it isn't any better in terms of privacy/anonymity.

tl;dr: no

>WhatsApp having the same encryption made Signal obsolete.

Wrong, retard. You can't read the Whatsapp source code. You have no idea if the encryption is even there.

Why are you even on Sup Forums if you are this stupid?

>nobody uses this shit
I use this shit

The guy who created Signal vouches for WhatsApp having the same encryption.
So if you trust him, you might as well use WhatsApp.

>b-but I personally inspect Signal's source code
Sure you do, faggot.

Whatsapp have basically been confirmed to have a backdoor.

>So if you trust him, you might as well use WhatsApp.

I only trust Signal because I can read the code or have the community read it for me. He can't read the Whatsapp code either.

This just makes me not trust him.

nobody uses signal and other shits. whatsapp is only way to go

Yea I dont get this. If you care about privacy and search for 10 seconds, sure, signal might be the first thing you see. But anybody that does even a little bit of homework would see that matrix is the best option (deventralized, completely open source, dont need gapps, no phone number)

Does everyone who uses signal care just the perfectly half assed amount about privacy to say fuck it this first thing I see is good enough?

>whatsapp
Poor man's wire

Redpill me on riot/matrix

Problem with Whatsapp is that Mark Cuckerberg owns it. Doesn't matter how shitty or awesome it is. Instagram Facebook and Whatsapp. We already know Facebook games the system for ad revenue on their main hook Facebook. I wouldn't be surprised if they're kept afloat to a certain degree by government subsidy. Thinking about all that data tagged and given freely worldwide.

Signal relies on Google Services to function. This is another company that's been intertwined with government for over a decade. One of the biggest lobby's. Revolving door all of it. Not good and they've increasingly got more and more sinister over the years. Tentacles are into everything and they have essentially followed Microsoft's playbook since the 90's. Can't innovate? Buy it and shut it down. Google could shut down signal easily if they decided to make their life hard.

Moxie kill yourself.

no

I do not want to download this until it's on F-Droid

is wire Sup Forums approved?

Yes

Yes,

>Signal relies on Google Services to function.

The new beta is another step to getting out of this.

>whatsapp is only way to go

shill

Won't happen.

>Won't happen.
it's open source, LibreSignal will update to the ungoogled beta apk soon enough

It will get sued by (((Moxie)))

>It will get sued by (((Moxie)))
LibreSignal already exists user

Hopefully they get off the Google cock soon. The plus side I've read that some have got it to work with this microg.org/

No clue if it's true as I haven't tried it personally.

Nobody uses don't care.

yeah Snowden, but whom you'll gonna sent messages when nobody is using it.

which is less cucked: Viber or WhatsApp, tbqh other apps doesn't have that much users so I'm not even trying to use them.

Viber for cyber

Whatsapp is facebook. I'd prolly still go with whatsapp though.

Good enough to twart the FBI