> he fell for the Qt meme

> yes good goy, give us $295 a month if you want to make any shekels out of it

disgusting, and for a moment I thought it had anything on WPF. Microsoft products are the shit. You can sell your software no matter what.

now if you'll excuse me I'll stop being a faggot talking for jewQt and go develop something on WPF that has 0 fees.

Any alternatives that run cross-platform? It seems wpf is windows only, right?

Hope for MS to make WPF crossplatform like .NET's core or maybe a Mono feature for it?

Just license your software under the GPL. You should be doing that anyway.
>implying anybody would pay money for your shitty hobby project if you made it closed-source

Hell of a sales-speech

>waaahh, let me get shekels using someone else's work for free

some of our tools and library use the GPVvx, here is the link when you have time to read it

use the lgpl and you are fine, CIA nigger

1. You can charge money for your gpl program if you want. It is not forbidden by the license.
2. Qt also comes under lgpl license under which only qt needs to be open and you can dynamically link your closed program to it.

tl;dr shill go away

>freedums licences only worth your time if your time is worthless! BTFO!
>help help! freedums software charging for proprietary commercial re-licensing!

you seem like the Jew here

No one pays for desktop software anymore OP.

Go ahead, waste your time.

I'm gonna be honest here. I figured out the trick to LGPL the library and close the program proper and I said nice, a nice WPF replacement. It turns out that shit can't even work as an editor.

I open the editor on Windows, it can't even I tree full screen and then it completely hangs. I try to build the application (with mingw fully loaded according to the Qt UI config screens) and it doesn't even give a visible indication anywhere that it failed and why

The quality of that shit compared to Visual Studio 2015 is just abysmal I'm sorry to say.

Companies, institutions and governments do.

it's libre with paid support, like 95% of all useful open source software

I'm gonna be honest here. I've never heard anyone having such problems with qt creator. It works out of the box, gives indication of errors where you would expect it to and not being able to "tree full screen" makes it sound like you had a stroke.

And then you compare it to vs2015 which just makes you sound more like a shill that just noticed license FUD won't work and is grasping at straws.

qt doesn't compete directly with visual studio, you should be using the vc++ compiler for anything on windows, mingw isn't for serious things

1. Qt comes with vs compiler support and precompiled binaries for it, so what you wrote makes no sense.
2. Mingw is years ahead of vc in c++14 and c++17 support, so what you wrote makes no sense.

What is up with all the misinformation today?

GTK does not have this issue

>Qt comes with vs compiler support and precompiled binaries for it
yeah i'm saying you should be using that retard

GTK is also cancer on Windows.
I can't even write a simple ' in Pidgin.

>Any alternatives that run cross-platform? It seems wpf is windows only, right?

Xojo is a hell of a lot cheaper and pretty damn good for cross platform desktop apps.

Proprietary software.
Cheapest option is 99usd per os with no support or version control (sic!) vs free libre qt.
You are joking, right?

gtk does not have this problem.

WPF has dependencies on Win32 APIs (and COM iirc), so not gonna happen ever.

Qt is LGPL. Just don't modify the fucking library and dynamically link it, and you can link it with a proprietary application without paying.

best c++ alternative?

Vala

Rust

WinForms runs fine under mono

It helps not being an idiot. shit works properly here

C

>Qt Software figured out a way to offer their shit to both the freetard crowd and the commercial market
>freetards are fine with it because GPL/LGPL is their thing.
>Sup Forumsedditors go out of their skin to complain about it because you actually have to pay money for it
What happened to the "free software sux because I can't make money out of it"?
HYPOCRITES.

Every day spent on Sup Forums makes me realize more and more that windows users and windows developers are the cyberspace equivalent of niggers.

Proveme wrong.

Rust

Gtk's problem is that it doesn't even work.

>Proveme wrong.
I can't

>windows developers are the cyberspace equivalent of niggers.
Factually correct.

Just develop in Chromium+NodeJS+Browser+Lightning or whatever that shit is called

wtf with these wpf shills here. That's new for me.

My wild guess is that Currysoft actualy plans to re-release a crossplatform version of it and maybe make the license more open.

They're scouting the market and prepping (pre-shilling?) it so once it actually happens they can all spam threads about "based microsoft listening to developers"

Electron

i thought gtk was like the gold standard cross platform framework. i don't do gui stuff so I'm not sure.

Gtk only works well on Linux
It's ugly on Windows and macOS, never fits right in with native applications. It uses its own file picker that is completely different to native ones.

wxWidgets is the best alternative to Qt

Blizzard uses qt for the battle.net launcher. They just forked the code, bashed it on kikehub and they are done with it.

>disgusting, and for a moment I thought it had anything on WPF
That - among other details - only shows you are some inexperienced under8.
WPF has literally nothing on Qt, it's my first BASIC toy widgetset compared to what Qt offers.

GNU/Linux*

Where is the link?

This is actually kind of good, all those small-time devs won't want to pay the fee and will just give out their software for free maybe adding a donation button instead.

I'm quite certain most of QT is still under LGPLv3. Only certain graphical parts like charts I think are GPL and commercial I think. Still free to link your shit against it.

gtk was never cross-platform, nobody else used it unless you count a bsd port and it wasn't feature complete, that it theoretically used to compile on windows with enough hacks means nothing

>gtk was never cross-platform
The fuck?

WPF shill has been working hard these days

You don't have to pay a cent if your commercial application ships with dynamic libraries.

Do not reply, it's an obvious shill.
Sage and ignore.

Gtk and its gnome components are a mess on any platform right now. The devs refuse to listen. Which is why LXDE, Unity, Budgie are all moving to Qt. With rumors of Cinnamon thinking of following after some devs spoke about getting fed up with new versions constantly breaking shit.

>Ok i admit i was wrong.
>B-but it sucks!
Way to prove microdick (un)paid shills just spread lies without researching. You should try on another place where people is even less informed about technology.