Yo Sup Forums

Yo Sup Forums
Running on a 12 year old monitor.
Looking to buy a new one.
How does this one look.
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824022485&ignorebbr=1

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/BenQ-XL2730Z-27-2560x1440-Professional-Gaming-Monitor-Refurbished-/201804653282?hash=item2efc7ea2e2:g:KtcAAOSw-vlVjaJt
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009993&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Monitors - LCD Flat Panel-_-N82E16824009993&gclid=CNC8tbqF89ECFU6ewAod76IBOw&gclsrc=aw.ds
amazon.com/dp/B01DHS30OE/ref=twister_B01GKN948O?th=1
overclock.net/t/1605507/samsung-monitors-of-2016-introduced-curved-high-resolution-gaming-flat-and-business-monitor-help-me-understand-125-srgb-and-quantum-dot/2970
msi.com/Promotion/msi-optix
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAC4Z55P9852
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

stop making useless threads

like a rectangle

oh lawdy my sides

curved fucking garbage.

ever plan on needing to design something with straight lines? GOOD FUCKING LUCK.

for $350 get a 1440p 144hz flat god-tier monitor instead. TN is fine for most people who the fuck needs 100% accurate color representation? i dont work at adobe

Sup Forums is NOT your consumer review site.

please stop giving retards that spam useless threads actual advice

I just need an oppinion.
I am sorry if this isn't a good post for this board.
If this moniter isn't really great, then does anyone have any suggestions? Links and stuff to good ones?

ebay.com/itm/BenQ-XL2730Z-27-2560x1440-Professional-Gaming-Monitor-Refurbished-/201804653282?hash=item2efc7ea2e2:g:KtcAAOSw-vlVjaJt

google a fucking review yourself you lazy fucking baby

Sorry? I was just wanting direct opinions and suggestions.

This one looks pretty nice.
I will consider it.

1. use a pre-existing thread that is relevant instead of making a new one.
2. GOOGLE IT YOURSELF
3. fuck off and never come back.

This mentions dead pixels from 0 to 2.
Does this mean the moniter could have dead pixels when I get it? Because that's kinda bad.

calm down

jesus christ dude, calm down, mom make your chicken tendies wrong tonight or what?

Read the rules and search the catalog next time you fucking newfag.

see >using caps and swearing automatically means someone is fuming and popping veins
hurr durrr

Guys, look I am sorry.
I don't come in this thread often.
I was just wanting an opinion on a monitor.
So what does dead pixel 0 to 2 mean on this?
Because I don't want to buy a monitor with dead pixels.

Damn. It sold.
Was gona buy it if I found out what this dead pixel thing meant.
Any ofther good ones?

>So what does dead pixel 0 to 2 mean on this?
>Because I don't want to buy a monitor with dead pixels
abandon thread

>sperges out on someone asking a question
>NO U HAVE AUTISM

Could someone just help me?
I'm sorry I'm not a tech whiz, I just want to get the best purchase I can.

1440p > 144hz

?

1440p freesync > everything else

Do you have a link to one that would be good?
Sorry if I am being a bother to the board.

>thinks he can tell a persons mental state over the internet based on some text and based his assumption on things people use to give emphasis with in their sentences

This one look good?
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009993&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Monitors - LCD Flat Panel-_-N82E16824009993&gclid=CNC8tbqF89ECFU6ewAod76IBOw&gclsrc=aw.ds

>Says 24" is 23.6"

Why ?

Does this one look alright?
You seem to be the only one helping any.
amazon.com/dp/B01DHS30OE/ref=twister_B01GKN948O?th=1

Literally don't buy anything else.

On paper it's fucking fantastic, but a lot of people are having issues with weird purple trailing. Read the OCN thread about it.

>curved fucking garbage.

Try the curved fucking garbage before spouting nonsense. I was the same idiot you are being right now until I used a curved screen.

And only if you worked at fucking adobe would you find curved screens a nuisance because they can be problematic for when you need to establish straight lines.

I have been following this monitor for 3 month or so
Here are 300 pages of autists arguing about everything possible of that monitor, no detail left out:
overclock.net/t/1605507/samsung-monitors-of-2016-introduced-curved-high-resolution-gaming-flat-and-business-monitor-help-me-understand-125-srgb-and-quantum-dot/2970
Any questions? I have owned 2 of these.

There's a very dangerous lunatic in this thread that has returned like 10 of these in pursuit of one free of the purple issue. He has made it his life's mission to get this exact monitor (even though monitors with the same panel are cropping up, namely MSI's Optix) and will most certainly murder your child and everyone you hold dear if it meant achieving his goal.

I'm mentioning this because 50% of the posts in that thread are his.

Yeah, that's because this monitor is so fucking good with no competition, IF it wasn't for that purple issue.
When returns are completely free, it's pretty tempting to just send it back and receive another model with better luck.

why not just get a 27" 1080p monitor? or 1440p?
i feel like 24" is too small. and the refresh rate wont matter much if you dont have a good enough graphics card to push high frame rates.

Not him, but entirely depends on how close you sit to a monitor.
I use 24inch 1080p and it's really good for me, but if it was 27inch 1080p instead, it would be too big and the pixels would look like bricks.

Now if you move both monitors further away from you, then 24inch will be too small and 27inch appear just right.
But my desk isn't any longer.

But hey, look here. Competition:

msi.com/Promotion/msi-optix

But in all honestly, I'm half joking. I've returned 5 monitors last year and I'm about to return my sixth. As I said though - half joking. I'm not dead set on a particular model like that guy is.

ive got a 27" 1080p monitor and i sit a little more than arms length away from it, looks great to me.
i mean you would literally have to be inches away from the monitor to see pixels. you would really have to be looking for them.

If it's the same panel, why does it only have 110% sRGB, while the CFG70 has 120%?
Also, sadly the stand looks like gamer aids. Anyways I decided to order another CFG70 at beginning of february (last one was december). Receiving it today, in a few hours. Will most likely be a december model, and I'll keep it if it doesn't have dead pixels or stuff like that.

purple tint problem
not IPS

Honestly get an IPS monitor, so much better than this curved meme nonsense. It's not about color representation like some people say, it also looks 10x nicer.

I'm also about an arm's length away and I can see pixels just fine on my 24inch.
This is a VA panel and actually looks better than IPS.
Source: I owned it and placed it next to my Dell U2312HM which is an IPS. Completely blew it out.

why are monitors with refresh rates over 60hz so expensive? i mean weve been stuck at 60hz for years now! you would think that 144hz technology would be cheaper by now. and most of them are small 24" monitors. otherwise if you want anything bigger you have to spend like $600-$1000

>If it's the same panel, why does it only have 110% sRGB, while the CFG70 has 120%?

It's probably not factory calibrated like the Samsung is so they can't make very bold promises because they don't know how each individual unit will pan out. With all monitors, in practice, actual color coverage varies unit by unit. It's almost certainly the same panel though, unless Samsung made two near identical ones and pushed them out at the same time.

I definitely wouldn't buy it due to gamer aids though, we're on the same page there. Some degree of gamer aids is ok, but if your monitor looks like this or one of those ASUS aztec space monkey transformers props, you're better off without it.

>aztec space monkey transformers
kek.

Blacks are better on VA, other colors not so much. And this screen has the huge purp problem, so it's colors aren't good.

>Blacks are better on VA, other colors not so much
Maybe it's because the VA has 120% sRGB, but the colors looked much better (vivid) than on my IPS.
>And this screen has the huge purp problem, so it's colors aren't good.
They're good as long as you aren't playing cs:go and slowly move the mouse around in the lake house. The case when this happens is pretty specific and rarely happens, they mostly fixed it in the latest models as well.
But still, it's a lottery.

How the fuck else do you describe this crap. Shit looks like it's about to take off and shoot a death ray at the white house.

I know, I wasn't ironic.

Dont ever reply to me again.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

>24"
>curved
no

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAC4Z55P9852

Everything looks a lot better on a VA due to the appreciably higher contrast ratio. IPS monitors are known to be a bit more vivid in the really bright, "neon" regions, but these quantum dot VA have them beat in that game as well. Only expensive wide gamut monitors designed to cover all of the adobe RGB range can compete with this.

This leaves IPS with only one appreciable advantage and that's viewing angles. Though they're not as perfect in that regard as endless online IPS bloviation would have you believe.