Tried Linux Mint Cinnamon for the first time, holy shit the shills aren't lying: everything works...

Tried Linux Mint Cinnamon for the first time, holy shit the shills aren't lying: everything works, it looks perfect out of the box, the Cinnamon DE is the best DE I've ever used in Linux...

Only downside is a bunch of software came preinstalled that I will probably remove. Minor annoyance. I am in the process of copying a bunch of files and stuff from my Manjaro install, I plan on switching 100 percent to Mint for the beauty and stability

>not having an OS partition and data partition on the same drive
>not living with the constant comfort you can reinstall whenever you want and lose nothing

GNU/Linux*

Why not use Cinnamon on Manjaro?

that's not how linux works!
delete this!

makes more sense to use Mint if you want Cinnamon. Mint is a bigger distro with more support and the Mint team are the people that make Cinnamon

i realized that yesterday too, wanted to try some other distro, switched to red hat, got some problems with npm and scipy lib, became frustrated as fuck, now i am back on mint and shit werks without problems.

But you can still install cinnamon on manjaro, there is no reason to reinstall your OS to switch your DE.
You will run the same software and visually (aside from configuration) there is no difference.

Now try firefox with smooth scrolling. Tell me how diagonal screen tearing feels. Tell me how well your audio performs compared to Windows. Tell me how long battery life you get compared to Windows.

When the magic wears off in 2 weeks, you will crawl back to Windows like every other person who tried Linux before you.

>minor annoyance
Just wait until apt erases xserver along with the packages

>battery life
Not sure where this meme comes from, surely you don't mean freebsd? Always got longer battery life on linux compared to windows.

>diagonal screen tearing in firefox

fixed that first day i used linux with google

>battery life compared to windows
don't know because I don't run my desktop on batteries

But he included anecdotal yet valid points!
You can't just ignore them!

Not him but I'm not great with computers and I feel that if I fuck around between DEs there will be too many conflicts

The winning move is to use a window manager

I doubt any wm will work with any de/program

>audio

I'll give you this. I have a dedicated Windows 7 computer for midi and audio recording. the jack system is way too complicated, plus all those proprietary programs I pirated and know so well in the windows world don't have good linux equivalents.

if you're talking about basic audio shit... ubuntu/mint any normie distro will work just fine. I listen to music all the time. Only problem I've ever encountered with normie level audio in linux involved running applications that made sound in firejail, after exiting the program my sound was crashed and had to restart computer (which takes 1/20th the time it does in Windows) to get sound back.

1 poo has been deposited in your loo pajeet, good work

this is true. Cinnamon DE and mint applets are designed to work together

the applets are actually pretty shit, but idc i just like desktop to be like windows 95, don't need gay ass clocks and weather shit in my face

Cinnamon is the shittiest de ever. Only one I know that has a widget to restart the desktop because it crashes so much. Mint is absolute shit compared to Manjaro, sorry OP, you are a fag as usual.

not OP but I've never had my desktop crash and I've used Cinnamon for about 2 years. I think it's mainly nvidiots whose desktop crashes, and that's just something that happens when hardware companies don't care about linux support

"It's always someone else's fault" only goes so far. I uses it on Intel igpu for a few months because of the memes, but got tired of a hand-holding mummy distro.

With "data" do you mean /home or something else? Also, not everything is stored there. While it can be less of a hassle to have separate /home for sure, some settings and whatnot are stored in /etc for example. So it's not as simple as "install new shit to / and every setting and shit is there for you". Not to mention sometimes config files between two distros act strangely.

My personal solution for my distro hopping is to have simple backups of /home and /etc and extracting what I need. I kinda like setting things up, but it's good to have a reference file when I don't feel like doing my conky conf all over again.

>the Cinnamon DE is the best DE I've ever used in Linux...
Can't understand why you all like it, seems much worse than kde

XFCE has a windows 95 theme designed specifically for it.

Sup Forums hate mint because thats mainstream. It the best for novice. Pure elitism

kde breaks every other update