/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

/Was anyone surprised/ edition

Previous Thread Missing link The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Come blog with us
#ptg on irc.rizon.net SSL only

>Links
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers
gitla.in/ptgGuide/ptgGuide/tree/master
pastebin.com/LQxkS1mU
>Various tracker IRCs and sites open for signup:
pastebin.com/Gy3MrCDA
opentrackers.org/

>Friendly reminders
• Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.
• Staff read & post in these generals.
• This is a thread for educational purposes only. Don't offer or ask for invites.
• Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers.

Thanks for getting rid of the other degenerate OP

What's the invite process for notwhat?

nice OP.
i'm a bit disenchanted with the rpg today, senpai.

iktftbh, if you're on GGn then good things are coming - don't worry too much about lack of RPG

Who cares?
It's a shit-tier tracker.

Just hop on their irc,its all there.

You will have to have been a member of whatcd or waffles though and have proof of that. Fuck them

Like what things?

Why don't PTH/APL know how to have fun like this? Plus NotWhat keeps rolling out better evolutionary features than either site has bothered with so far.

hey, can anyone compare learnbits, bytespider and learnflakes, who's the best?

like a gaming tracker being more RPG
A) APL is curry tier so don't expect anything from then, B) PTH staff hate FL so the best you'll see is a "featured artist" with neutral leech
It's a shame NotWhat is so sparse of content
>learnflakes
well bin that one
but add TheGeeks (and the .bz empire) and BitMe to the list if you're looking for e-learning kinda stuff

Oh I'm not even just saying FL. NotWhat has interesting news every few days, whereas the other bums left their tacky Christmas spam up for over a month!

>APOLLO
>Curry Tier

L.U.L

How do I kill myself?

Trying to get into HDB.

>tfw Deluge ignores Do Not Download and ruins your infinite ratio

they finally resurrected wcd? contact info pls

>deluge
>buggy
well it's not like you've not been warned, sorry it cucked you though
qbit is just as bad i'm afraid

I want to like qBit. It's just not quite a perfect replacement for uTor 2.2.1. I'll keep waiting I guess.

Any better client than utorent 2.2.1?
Maybe a newer edition of utorrent?

Transmission is the only correct choice.

Isnt that the one most trackers told us a while back to avoid?

There was malware in the mac version for a little while.

Will check it then, thanks

im running qTransmission and it's nowhere near as comfy as uT 2.2.1

ui is complete garbage compared to uT.

qBittorrent is pretty much the same as uTorrent 2.2.1 but FOSS

Crap. And was going to try it.
Any new edtion on utorrent,is it better?

For example,on the left side i wanna also be able to check the trackers am seeding/leeching, just like deluge and rutorrent(seedbox) have.

Any edition of qbitorrent?

The latest one.

how's the ram on qbitorrent? is it not as bad as deluge?
>pic related
looks good, but i assume those features (graph, darkmode) are only for linux?

No, they're for Windows too
As for RAM, I have it there idling with ~100 torrents and it's using less than 20mbs

my only fear is the stalled meme, which is why i'm still on 2.2.1

Cool

It's just that, a meme.

Stalled meme?

qbittorrent for sure

except it's not, I always hear people having issues with stalled torrents

Shame it's such an ugly piece of shit on Windows

rtorrent, the only perfect option

I always hear people saying how great Macbooks are

(not him)

That's a good point user but I can speak from experience at least.

While the torrents did "stall", it wasn't a permanent issue, they would un-stall themselves within a few minutes. Only really happened when you paused them

how is x264me Sup Forumsuys?

Sup Forumsood

Decent for what it offers, but too deep in cabal i think

Notwhat is really shaping up to be a decent backup. Site features are great and the changes to folder naming conventions are nice af

x265 standard when?

Yeah but recruitment is still kinda...curry

will whatcd ever be restored?

Super comfy considering any internal encode is 100% FL, and they actually have a lot of good encoders. Most movies will have 720/1080p high quality FL torrents. Plus they have a BP system, although in my experience not quite as generous as PTP (which is basically freeriding tbqh)
Downsides: not much rare stuff, newer releases can be slow to add (eg. wait a week or two for an internal encode after the bluray is out). Also - their internals *are* exclusive so you won't be able to cross-seed them elsewhere, if you're super into that
Saying that, retention is usually really good.
sorry user, x264 isn't cabal at all. the sysop is actually a really chill bloke

not anytime soon

PTH and APL blew the chance to improve folder names. You can easily wind up with two albums in the same folder, just like the bad old days.

>tfw you accidentally found correct QB settings for your connection and everything started seeding
I actually thought it was normal that regular users just get seedboxcucks scraps. Boy, was i wrong.

Newer versions of uTorrent continue to be a direct downgrade. The ability to handle magnet links is seriously the only thing they ever brought to the table.

how did you figure out what settings to use?

Magnet URIs work with my uT 2.2.1
Yup, very shitty. If it makes you feel any better, all of the folders I upload are Artist - Album (year) {CAT} [FORMAT] which covers most of everyone's bases

Please tell me everything I need to know to make my qBittorrent look like this.

Use GNU Linux!

Fuck.

Exactly, if the Stalled meme was changed to something like "Connecting", nobody would bitch about it

No!

Yea the problem is, when it sits there saying "Stalled", there doesn't seem to be any good reason for it

* No Disk Usage
* No CPU usage
* No Network usage

The message just seems so out of place, if it said "Checking" for example and had disk usage, that would explain the error. But it doesn't.

L M F A O
Who made this? More please!

Ah, so you're one of the people who get the Stalled status at random, for no reason? Every time it shows up on my end is because there are no peers, the tracker is down, or just for a couple of seconds before it starts. That's why I keep recommending it, I've never had a single ghost Stalled torrent.

What sorcery is this?

>tfw set for life
>get an account on BTN
>good buffer on ptp
>good buffer on ab

Feels good, man.
Now I'll try to get on HDB just for epeen.

Hmm?

It's just kde breeze dark theme. qBittorrent looks fine but expect to break a nice amount of other app with kde theme (what a fucking joke)

I can't blame you, QBT is a great client overall; if I never had the stalling "problem" I would openly recommend it too.

As I said in my other post it's not really a big deal on my end, it only occurred after pausing a torrent, and would fix itself after a few minutes.

Hope this isn't bait. This is just your below average successor to what. Hence notwhat.

Decibel is the super sekrit klub for old what.CD staff and TMs and stuff. AFAIK.

kek, top memery fampais

Decibel? New tracker?

If you're only just hearing about it now don't even bother.

it's a meme

Noted user. I just was confused as some people from Scihd are involved in there.Musicalmind is also a mod there. +their involvement in the #fbi network.

Will re-consider.Thanks user

never, av1 is rolling around the corner

We [PTH] are putting the finishing touches on the new logchecker. I'd estimate it should be up this weekend assuming nothing else comes up.

SO MANY good treats coming this weekend, ladies and gentlemen

Okies #hellonoobsenpai #newto4chan

It has been posted in some threads weeks ago. If it wasn't a prank in the first place it's bretty sekrit. Not accessible AFAIK. Read my post.

Some dude said he wrote a script decibel.* for every top level domain and didn't find the login page posted here some time ago.

Good thing I already uploaded all my bogus altered logs!

you know it's a meme when they respond to you

has there been any news about waffles coming back online? I heard a while back that they shut down for financial reasons and that they were planning to get the site running again soon

Reply with a picture of a sumo chipmunk if you think LB06 is a cunt.

Noted. Elitism is getting boring after some time.

prepare to get b t f o my friend!

aww yiss

But HOW?

Who else /P******.m* master-race/ here?

who?

yes PassingTheEarplug best tracker

>music trackers

Very disgusting, if I can be truthful with you my familial member.

sick

basically what happened:
they went down cos no money
wcd got shut down
everyone panicked and threw buttcoins at waffles
their one (1) dev/sysop continued writing one line of code per day, giving the site an overhaul
in the time that wcd went down and waffles received donations, 2 sites surpassed already surpassed waffles library pre-shutdown

requsting PTH invite plz

pretome?

How the FUCK can I get into aaathats3as? I've tried EVERYTHING, it is an impenetrable fucking wall and I can't seem to get an invite. The only user I've found stopped responding to my emails as soon as I brought it up.

>music trackers

I am horrified by your poor taste in private trackers.

Collectors need not apply

>pretome
>music tracker

downvoted

music trackers are such pleb filth

the hook shit is always related to them

If all the pub trackers still existed, this wouldn't be a problem. 90% of these fags come here because they keep getting DMCAs when downloading Ke$ha's latest album from TPB.