Programming as a hobby

>Programming as a hobby

>become programmer
>because of money
This is what distinguishes a good programmer from a code monkey.
Some people become sportsmen for the money. Some people become sportsmen because they like it and want to contribute to his favourite team.

>b-but MUH ENTERPRIZE LANGUAGE :D
>b-but muh ENTERPRIZE IDE that EBERY ENDERPRIZE uses to torture us circus apes.
>b-but it's cool becuz ENTERPRIZE BUSINESSMEN think it's da best !!!11!1!
And this is why we have so many shitty programs. They do NOT care about their codes unless their boss tells them to do so.

>But why Linux programs are shitty
I would not say it is shitty, I'd say most of them lack some mainstream features. As far as the codebase goes, many closed sourced, paid projects *cough*Micros**t*cough* are pretty horrible down under. Sometimes they are SO horrible that the hired apes can't track what's going on that monsterous pile of unmaintained legacy codebase.

Meanwhile free and open source community projects usher development from different parts of the world. Linux is an example of the biggest colaborative effort in the world. There will be shortcomings but someday, someone will implement missing features purely because it's devotion that drives these people, not wage money.

Hobby programmers are the best programmers - Prove me wrong.

What's wrong with it?

>Being a money for hire pajeet
kill yourself and take your shitty designs with you

That's a lot of text and implications in order to reply to a four word sentence. If I didn't know any better, I'd say sounds like OP hit a bit too close to home with that one.

I never denied or implied anything, heck, I teach physics in school and do programming as a hobby.

I've been doing this for decades. But why are you dodging me like an insecure code monkey?

Terry will make programming great again.

kek

You have passion, but next you need to know that on an anonymous image board , arguing with the tards/trolls will get you nowhere.

>"I've been doing this for decades" meaning you're a grown up bloke
>still needs to proves himself to underaged trolls and/or NEETs on a taiwanese tapestry forum

>become carpenter
>because of money
This is what distinguishes a good carpenter from a building monkey.
Some people become sportsmen for the money. Some people become sportsmen because they like it and want to contribute to his favourite team.

>b-but MUH PROFESSIONAL TOOLZ :D
>b-but muh TIMBER FRAMING that EBERY CONTRACTOR uses to torture us circus apes.
>b-but it's cool becuz PROFESSIONAL CABINET-MAKERZ think it's da best !!!11!1!
And this is why we have so many shitty furniture. They do NOT care about their wood unless their boss tells them to do so.

>But why DIY furniture are shitty
I would not say it is shitty, I'd say most of them lack some mainstream features. As far as the wood goes, many mass produced products *cough*IK*A*cough* are pretty horrible down under. Sometimes they are SO horrible that the hired apes can't track where it's going on that monsterous pile of unmaintained legacy wood.

Meanwhile the DIY community products usher development from different parts of the world. Their cabinets are an example of the finest effort of the trade in the world. There will be shortcomings but someday, someone will implement missing features purely because it's devotion that drives these people, not wage money.

Hobby carpenters are the best carpenters - Prove me wrong.

>mfw programmers destroy their own job market

What a retarded thing to say.
At least we got free speech.

>shitposting as a hobby

>if you do it for a living you don't love it
Fagget.

>this is why we have so many shitty programs
Nah, enterprise techniques are the only thing keeping us from falling into the dark ages. The problem is low-IQ pajeets being forced into the industry because of capitalistic profit-maximizing management.

>I would not say it is shitty
And they aren't, but professional work is just so far ahead.

>Microsoft is horrible down under
Microsoft accumulates technical debt early on to deliver. It's their style, and it obviously works, but not all software houses do that. Shipping is a feature. If your product never ships, it's lacking a feature. And a pretty indispensable one.

Later on they fix their stuff though. Microsoft development tools are among the best. Windows is the most sophisticated OS out there, and Microsoft software is ubiquitous.

>free and open source community projects usher development
In very limited and specific areas, yes. But have you ever heard of a decent open source ERP?

>Linux is an example of the biggest colaborative effort in the world
Yeah, but the funny part is: Linux is the product of corporations and is made by the professional programmers that you're bashing so hard. Linux is developed by IBM, Intel, Red Hat, Samsung...

>someday, someone will implement missing features
Or never. Like the GTK filepicker.

>Hobby programmers are the best programmers
Not necessarily. Hobbyists are great, but we wouldn't get anywhere without professionals.

>we wouldn't get anywhere without professionals.
>we
I*

What distinguishes professinals and hobbyists? Degree?

Get

I don't know, Idgaf about such distinction. All I care about is good software.

I'm not some massive capitalist exploiter of workforce.

degree of autism

>What distinguishes professinals and hobbyists?
Do you have it as your profession?

If yes, then you are a professional

If no, then you are a hobbyist

>Physics professor
>Normie
Dude what the fuck are you even doing here? You will feel more comfortable in more friendly places like Reddit instead of this cesspit.

If you make a living out of it, you're a professional. If you're a basement dweller that codes for fun, then you're a hobbyist.

>Shitposting on a Mongolian image board as a hobby

>Still needs to prove himself to underage neets
So why even try to discuss or debate anything then?

>hobby

What happens if you push the button?

>I am a good programmer because nobody is willing to pay me for programming
t. freetard moron

>programming

"At least I'm better than webdevs"
"Ast least I'm better than Java pajeets"
.t fizzbuzz programmer

Just testing something; don't mind me.