AMD, Zen, Raven Ridge

Is anyone else hyped as fuck for AMD's Raven Ridge?
>Zen cores close to Ivy Bridge in performance
>on-die GPU comparable to Radeon 7850 / GTX 750 Ti
>Mac Mini sized LAN machines are now possible
I am so fucking ready for this

Other urls found in this thread:

store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/business-solutions/hp-elitedesk-705-g3-desktop-mini-pc-w4v44av-1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

12 memory starved CU is probably not going to compare to the Radeon 7850.
It'll perform behind the RX 460.

muh hbm

also the RX 460 is significantly faster than the 7850, so you're not really saying anything here

I have that case. PSU is kind of limiting.

What'd you build in it? You can always replace it with a picoPSU

>Zen cores close to Ivy Bridge in performance

4/10 for subtlety

I was not trolling. Can you explain why you thought that I was?

It was a few years ago.
A8-7600 on the 45W setting in BIOS; 8GB RAM (2133MHz, I think); some cheap SSD. At one point I had an old laptop HDD in there as well so I could dual-boot Windows without shitting up my SSD.
It's a little tricky getting everything smooshed in there.

Do you still use it? I love the idea of these little APU systems but I haven't been able to justify them up until now because they're so overpriced. I'm hoping RR will change that.

WHAT CASE IS THIS

Wasn't AMD busted for talking up their product and not delivering per usual?

Plz

>Do you still use it?
Yeah. I like it for the most part. Don't play modern videogames that much.

ISK 110. I've got mine VESA-mounted. It comes with a removeable base which is not shown.

Can you use DDR3?

No

No

The In Win Chopin looks much better overall btw

Not this time desu

I would love to try a new semi-portable HTPC build. I am planning on upgrading my shockingly reliable htpc now. The 5800k I got for 25$ brand new sealed. It runs pretty much anything I throw at it media wise, and kodi runs well.

However, through retail edge, I am probably gonna replace it for an i7 6700k this summer. It's hard to beat that 150$ price.

>750 Ti

That's trash tier, nice

The 7850 is a league ahead of the 750ti

5GHZ/2GHZ ZEN APU WITH HBM2 ON PACKAGE FUCKING WHEN?

>The 5800k I got for 25$ brand new sealed
nice, where?

>7850 is a league ahead of the 750ti
they perform similarly in benchmarks

craigslist. Guy said someone owed him money and gave him that instead. Crazy considering it had only been out for 6 months or so

Pretty cool, at $25 it's a no-brainer. I just wish they were priced more competitively at retail. Hard to justify them when you can get a nice Pentium and a full GPU for the same price or less.

Not going to lie, I would love a kawaii as fuck slim mini-ITX gaymen rig. It's to bad that AMD is pushing their bullshit PSP DRM coprocessor that's one signed update away from being a hardware backdoor. Especially when considering the current US president believes that the government should be able to force US based companies (like AMD) to sign malicious firmware for use in investigations, which would almost certainly become widely used as the firmware only has to by made and signed once and then can be used in many investigations without much additional investment.

It's not as though Obongo or Hillary would have been any better in that regard, we have to rely on these companies to do the right thing
>AMD
>Jewtel
not gonna happen

I am. Even if it turns out to be disappointing, Intel's prices will have dropped by then and you can already build a very good mITX pc under 4L with a low profile gpu like the 1050 Ti

Enter the upcoming 300W internal AC adapter by HDPlex and you'll have amazing tiny builds with no power bricks

Hillary would have been 10x worse with Pepe and the Russians pissing her off like they did.

>Intel's prices will have dropped by then
Good joke, Intel never drops prices.

Already demo'd as faster than broadwell m8.

True, but they are better features at least

>It's not as though Obongo or Hillary would have been any better in that regard
Though it would be a problem under any of them. Trump has been much more vocal on that issue than Obama and to my knowledge Hillary didn't take a position on that issue (but probably holds the same position on the issue as Obama).

>we have to rely on these companies to do the right thing
There's not much they could do short of leaving the country or removing the offending features from their future designs (which would anger a ton of other companies). The only real option is to use a machine that doesn't have those "features" if buying from a US company or making sure to only buy from companies based outside of the US.

Why, because your feels tell you it would go that way?

Intel didn't drop prices when they were having their shit pushed in by Athlon 64. You know what they did instead? Payed off the OEMs to not use anything else.

I'd do the same, but I'd make absolute sure AMD never has a chance of reviving itself again(baring outside interference like massive cash injections), just to keep them there to avoid monopoly laws.

Would be great for a fanless HTPC build. Pic related.

For a LAN PC it would be more interesting to see how it performs in laptops. Carrying a laptop to a LAN is a lot more convenient.

How much do these cost? Good ps2 emulation box?

demoed at bradwell or VERY near bradwell speed.

es leak with error throwing processor puts it just over haswell.

AMD said they're going for higher IPC this time, so it could be
I'm holding out for benchmarks vs the newer Pentiums which were great for cheap emuboxes

Why not just get a Bristol Ridge one?

store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/business-solutions/hp-elitedesk-705-g3-desktop-mini-pc-w4v44av-1

fucking casuals.

bump

looks half decent