What are you working on, Sup Forums?

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

amr.abime.net/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_disk_magazines
github.com/FascinatedBox/lily
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Highly paid employed Haskell programmer reporting in

Good for you user, I hope I get a good job after I graduate university. Approximately what area do you live and in which field?

>What are you working on, Sup Forums?
Implementing a decision tree and have it use my sadpanda favorites to try to decide if any given gallery will suit my taste.

Yeah, well, I'm reading ISA docs, eating hot dogs straight out of the package, drinking beer.

>non-functional
>dys-functional

What happened to the loli simulator that someone posted here or in /agdg/?

He got a visit from the party van

what do ya think

The last reference I can find was a thread on /jp/ in 2012 where someone responded
"I reported you to the FBI"

Are you as good at programing as you act?

He's definitely posted since then

He was posting last summer

Learning x86-64 assembly by implementing some old school demoscene routines. (I wrote a C library to expose a 60hz planar frame buffer)

Top 5 Meme Languages for meme programmers:
1. Python
2. Haskell
3. Rust
4. Go
5. Swift

>hasklel not #1

> 1. Python
(you)

4 out of 5 of those (Go is bad) are good languages though.

keep dreaming, meme faggot

Top 5 languages for real programmers
C
Common Lisp
SML
Scheme
Chapel

That's pretty nifty, what are you referencing for it?

2 is excellent and 3 is probably not _that_ bad
5 i've heard is alright

the rest are trash

You peed your pants again, grandpa.

>Python
>not bad

amr.abime.net/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_disk_magazines

Making a programming language:

github.com/FascinatedBox/lily

HKTs?

@very @nice

>var @width =

How's your fizzbuzz going son?

Not yet

Man, now I had the stupid idea of writing a MOD player in assembly.
See ya'll in couple of weeks.

>What are you working on, Sup Forums?
Someone else's Python program.

It juggles about 4 or 5 different dictionaries to perform modifications to a somewhat-repeat excel spreadsheet to turn it into another template. It's highly sensitive to spaces in the header, has shitty comments, is somewhat difficult to read because of the whitespace requirements for the multiple loops, and its dictionary "template" function doesn't work. I now understand why some people hate working with large Python programs and hate Python in general.

I always get urges to write something in assembly, even though I had a horrible time just doing Fizzbuzz in it
Good luck senpai

How much $$$ can I make by learning C?
whats a good language to know If I want to run my own server?

>How much $$$ can I make by learning C?
over 50000 a day

>whats a good language to know If I want to run my own server?
CCNA

If you want $$$, learn to kode Python and Haskell. Those are the money making languages.

>If I want to run my own server?
if you want to write your own server software for hobby use node.js (Language Javascript) is probably the best way to go.
If you want professional grade server software you write it in C++ (or C).

But the way you ask these questions makes me think that you have some misconceptions about where programming is necessary. You don't need to know programming to set up a webserver or FTP server or most kinds of servers.

So if you're more specific about your actual goals someone could help you more.

If I want information about new graphics technology where do I go? Where do the top tier graphics professionals hang out/post their stuff? Is it all scattered on random blog posts from employees at companies like DICE?

>kode
Go back to school illiterete faggot

>tfw to smart to be a code monkey aka programmer

>image shows a 4D-2D projection of a cube brain
>it's just a projection
>posters brain is actually just a plane

Are graphics libraries like SDL an OpenGL written from near scratch for every platform they run on?

And if your game supports DirectX and OpenGL, how does that work? Is it just a literal ton of if(using openGL) do this else do this? Like all the game rendering is basically written twice and it just picks which one to use?

>OpenGL
A graphics API that interacts with the graphics driver.
>SDL
SDL does opengl calls

Basically everything you interface with is stuff written to a spec which driver people implement.

So basically view it
SDL calls opengl which calls the graphics driver which does stuff on the GPU.

>And if your game supports DirectX and OpenGL, how does that work? Is it just a literal ton of if(using openGL) do this else do this? Like all the game rendering is basically written twice and it just picks which one to use?

SDL has two implementations; one for Windows where it calls DirectX, and another where it calls OpenGL for Linux, and what not.

and graphics drives are a mountain of hacks, a figurative hellscape of conditional logic, down to, in the case of some AAA games, hot patching a game's renderer completely.

So OpenGL never has to interface with the OS, just the graphics driver? Meaning the OpenGLs source code should compile anywhere that has a graphics driver supporting OpenGL, yes?

I guess that makes more sense than what I was thinking.

Cubes are 3D.

>So OpenGL never has to interface with the OS, just the graphics driver? Meaning the OpenGLs source code should compile anywhere that has a graphics driver supporting OpenGL, yes?
Yes and no, you have to get the address of opengl functions past version 2.0 or something like that, but if you use something like glew, that does this for you, then yes, as long as your driver supports the given version of opengl, your good to go.

Yeah but for a game like World of Warcraft, you can all -opengl to its command line arguments to force it to run in opengl instead of directx. So does everyline of code in the game that involves drawing something to the screen just have a bunch of conditionals for which version you're running?

>code monkey = programming

theoretically, yes, in practice, no,

No, it compiles different sets of files.

void (*draw)() = is_opengl ? opengl_draw : is_directx ? directx_draw : software_draw;

The driver is a OS integrated module essentially. So your interaction with the OS is really your interaction with the driver.
Though there's all kinds of types of drivers and OSs.

Very often graphics is one of those things that are more raw than virtual on the OS side.

>function pointers
Oh boy. Answers my question though, thank you

>Answers my question though, thank you
he did

That's what I said

sorry, I miss read, my bad.

It's okay senpai

Did Sup Forums just censor my f a m to senpai?

senpai

You must be new here.

I don't post regularly anymore. That used to just be a Sup Forums thing.

Old or new.

baka

I haven't gone to Sup Forums in at least 6 years. Was it actually a Sup Forums thing?

Not fa m to senpai but a ton of common words were changed to things like candy ass on Sup Forums for several years.

That's a hypercube.

sмн твн faм

Why would t b h be censored? desu?

baka desu senpai

There are a few decent people here, but the vast majority is good at making simple functions and that's about it; rather than actually developing full applications.

much much better

>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

An effort to eradicate niggerspeak from Sup Forums

That's what I was getting at, yes.

bae
lit
fleek
dab
israel
Testing

I hadn't considered that t b h has its origins in eubonics..

Forcing newfag crossposters to out themselves

Obviously that's a gross simplification of actual big time video game titles, but that's the basic gist of it.
But the principle is you want abstract away as much of the graphics API dependant logic as possible, and only deal with it in a single specified contact point between your software and the driver.

>put butt plug in
>chug remaining can of ginger ale
>attach throat gag
>turn lights off
>load youtube 'programming music' playlist
wew, time to code some java!

it's friday baby

How long did it take you to realize that this book was not written for absolute beginners?

I have not reached that conclusion yet.

It never was said to be one.

It says really early on.
Doesn't matter though. It's assuming you know very little.

>not made for absolute beginners
you have to be able to read english, yes

Nobody?
Shit.
I guess I'l make a big list of employee names and write a web crawler or something.

WHICH ONE DO I USE?
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
ld byte r0,r1
ld r0,r1,1

2 wks.
Was 15 when bought.
Understood a shit.

Just pick one, what difference will it make?

all of you are amateour junior pajeets

i can't choose, i need your opinion

Found the 0.01 version of Linux, so I'm looking through that

how do you get ideas for a new project? I just want to make something to practice my programming but I can't fucking think of anything

why does writing C with a dark IDE background feel so wrong?