Tell me how much I fucked up.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/bwnpNN
pcpartpicker.com/list/4XmCtJ
pcpartpicker.com/list/22MFxY
protocasedesigner.com/
cougargaming.com/en/products/cases/qbx/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

not too badly, although how bad you fucked up directly correlates with what you wanted to do with your computer

I like my Nano S build, way smaller than my old ATX build that was ridiculous to move around and I can fix good hardware in this form factor. Why would you hate it?

Because its a fucking $200 case.

N Case is a waste of $, Not enough room for hot air to dissipate and makes for a hot PC, but OP said ITX and my case was $99 (Fractal Design Nano S).

OP here, there's plenty of room if you went with an SFX PSU.

N case is overpriced for what is essentially "muh lian li design". It looks cool but I'd rather get a case that also functions as a monitor stand, maybe with some glass in front so I can see the led's and fans work.

So is a rMBP but I still bought one. Anyways, what do you think about this build for it?

pcpartpicker.com/list/bwnpNN

>not building your own case

plebs

>i5
>watercooled
Also might be better to get a silverstone psu. they make really good sfx units.

If you're gonna spend that kind of $ buy the 7600k at least.

Small is the future, you're ahead of the curve. You don't want to be stuck in the past with the full tower plebs with their LEDs and gamer cases.

LED is the dumbest shit ever.

Heat dissipation is a function of airflow design as much as size. Bigger heatsinks are always better, but there are diminishing returns, and midsize coolers coupled with smart airflow design can give you performance that's more than acceptable.

>$1250
>i7-7700
>16GB 2400 DDR4
>GTX1070 Founders
>256GB Samsung SSD + 1TB HD
>around the same ITX size but with better cooling
>not build by a dumb hick like OP
Seriously only idiots build their own PC now a days. Alienware also use proprietary parts that is much better than shit from PCpartpicker.

check out the new cryorig case

not the trashcan the other one

>build your case
>code your own drivers
>write your own bootloader

in the coming years

>code your own browser
>code your own operating system
>build your own processor
>build your own GPU
>build your own hard disk storage device
>do your own wiring with actual wire
>assemble your own PSU
>print your own cell phone
>create your own USB interfacing variant

This must be bait. If not Sup Forums has really gone to shit.
>Dell and quality do not belong in the same sentence.

Depends on your needs.

ITX
>Single GPU
>8/16gb of ram or less
>locked processors to minimize heat
>less than 3 drives
The optimal ITX build is a light 1080p gaming machine, something like an RX 460 and one of those new Pentiums with 8gb of ram, and maybe a single 2.5" hdd, and a 2.5" ssd

From there you'd want to go ATX if you need either more drives, more space for cooling, dual gpu's or 4 dimm slots

Eatx for 4 way crossfire/sli, 8+ dimms, lots of drives, possibly dual processors

Hey thank you for the advice, really appreciate it. I am honestly thinking of getting a used GTX970 off eBay for around $120-$150. Maybe an i5-6400, 8gb of RAM in 1 DIMM so I can upgrade and a 128 GB SSD.

What do you think?

pcpartpicker.com/list/4XmCtJ

M E M E
M A C H I N E

That's what your mom said.

My Dell Optiplexes are rock solid. I remember a time when I dealt with fired boards due to bad caps and IBM Deathstars keeling over. I had a Opti 780 lose a power supply the other day. It was in operation 6 years ago when electricians f'ed up and sent 220 through everything. It smelled burnt then and only made it 6 more years. The GX260 Caps were the last time I had a problem with Dell quality.

you might as well fucking end it all senpai

>mini-itx that has the desk footprint of some matx cases
The shoebox formfactor is retarded, Node 202-style at least makes some sense in that it takes less space on desk or when used horizontally is compatible with tv-stands

I agree the shoebox form factor sucks because of its footprint, but the M1 is more of a mini tower. Also the slim, console-style cases severely limit the size of your CPU cooler, and once you factor in the stand required for a slim case, the footprint isn't that much less.

>once you factor in the stand required for a slim case
once you factor in the fact that you need at least that much space on either side of m1 as well for the airflow the footprint in practice actually is that much in favour of the slim cases

Well, one side, but it's a fair point. Still, the M1 is a lot slimmer than most shoebox cases, which have the motherboard flat rather than upright.

OP here, if I wanted small and thin I would have bought the Sentry. I didn't because I don't want to have to deal with the heat issues.

Why the fuck does it matter what a desktop tower looks like. Especially if it's hidden away like it should be so you have more room on your desk to actually use the thing for important work.

OP here,

>important work

lol yea there's like 3 things I do on my desktop.

Do you regularly bring people in to look at your PC tower and talk about how small it is?

Why can't I just like the way it looks for myself? Do you bring people in to look at your anime figurine collection?

I don't have any dolls or action figures. And if I did, I would keep them under the desk (with my PC) so they didn't get in the way.

That makes sense for someone like yourself.

ever since I switched to watercooling I don't see the point of a fuckhuge case anymore.

Cheaper?

Bought a sentry, will be coming in a couple months. Sad part is I have all the parts already but no case until then

I want a case mod to return to this form factor

1 gpu, watercooled, and a watercooled cpu with a single radiator block should fit

Or better yet, this one

>the ultimate Sup Forums budget-gaymen-meme build to end all builds

pcpartpicker.com/list/22MFxY

Step right up folks, get your meme build here!

The Cryorig H7 is about 10mm too tall for the M1, you'll want to look at the Cryorig M9 or equivalent (e.g. Noctua U9S) instead.

Good case but yeah I agree it is overpriced. A part of the high cost is due to smaller sizes of the production batches but still. Don't use a AIO for the case though. The hoses are too close to the block and the radiator so the cooling is reduced compared to a normal midtower sized case. Just get a SFF air cooled heatsink there are plenty that will do a good job of cooling and still fit. Check the hardforum thread for a detailed list.

mATX is perfect unless you are still falling for the multiple GPU meme. mATX case are only slightly bigger than most mITX cases while offering nearly as many features of a regular ATX board. It's the best of both worlds.

to be honest i'm actually considering doing this for my next build

>mATX case are only slightly bigger than most mITX cases
Only true because most of the popular mini ITX cases are ludicrously oversized (25-30L). But the fact of the matter is that a mini ITX case can be much smaller than a mATX case, while still housing most of the same full-fat components.

Weird, I googled it before posting to ensure there was no valid criticism to be made, but yeah I read a couple different threads with people saying there was plenty of room for the H7 and had easy clearance. Huh :/

Fuck you for pointing out a giant stain on my perfection.

I actually want to do this.

protocasedesigner.com/

Probably would've been good to check the specs on the official site first, cooler clearance is listed there.

I will hone my googlefu desu

ROG PC is better

And if you like that you may as well just get a alien laptop for portability

You could get a cougar QBX for about half the price and unlike the M1 you can actually mount a rad/fans in the top.

cougargaming.com/en/products/cases/qbx/

>you can actually mount a rad/fans in the top
Fans yes, but there's not enough room for a rad on top. The QBX's rad mounting is on the side of the case, just like the M1.

>"heat issues"