What do you guys think of this thing? Personally...

What do you guys think of this thing? Personally, I think it's going to be way cooler than Sony or Microsoft's new systems.

at least it's very clearly a goddamn console

I literally had no idea the Wii U was a console until the Switch was about to drop and heard talk of others speaking of Wii-U-being-a-console awareness not being great.

If it fails like the Wii U they can make it the new game boy and shorten the lifespan. It's pretty safe releasing this thing.

Then can make, I dunno, The Nintendo Switcheroo

yeah, when the Wii U was first announced I thought it was just some kind of gamepad for the Wii
didn't figure it out until I saw one at a friend's house

Its not just a worse version of my pc, so it has that going for it.
All Nintendo needs to do is put some good games on it and I'll pick one up for $200.

Not insane, at least it is announced to use normal hardware that game studios can program games for more easily.

Just kinda underwhelming that they use an old chip that gets throttled to like 60% when on battery.

The Nvidia Shield did not sell as expected, I'm sure the hardware was a steal for Nintendo.

I just hope they can let me use 100% power while plugged in to an external power source using the built in screen.

Gonna get one in a year or so when there are more games and better deals.

Can't wait for it to be hacked though.

More like the Nintendo Switch U(pgrade now preasu).

>krapler

Do I have to re-buy virtual console games tho

I have a feeling I know the answer

Sure but they shoulda used a newer chip for much the same reason. It even stopped selling partly 'cause it became deprecated and was power hungry shit.

I seem to be one of the few people who think having PS3/360/Wiiu performance in a handheld is pretty neat.

And the battery life is realistic.

When docked it's gonna be just slightly more powerful then a Wii U and when in portable mode it's gonna be a lot less powerful.
It might not be so bad for 1st party games but 3rd party will not make shit for it, which will eventually cause it to flop.

(checked)
I wouldn't even give a shit about that, I'd only get it for 1st party games anyways but it's gay paying $60 each for them because muh branding.

>I seem to be one of the few people who think having PS3/360/Wiiu performance in a handheld is pretty neat.
then buy a vita for half the price of a switcherino

I agree. I have a PC so I don't need a Switch for 3rd party games (I don't game much but whatever)
A lot of people do care though, and that is why the Wii U sold so poorly (Lack of advertisement as well) it really lacked 3rd party support.
Some people can only afford one console also.

Yes

Yeah that sucks. At least we have steam sales. I went to get some pre-owned wii games and 1st party games were still fucking pricey. Same thing with cawadooty shit on steam, these companies do it just to fuck people I swear

Yea man I fucking hate paying so much for games, it's one of the reasons that I have stopped buying games. At least on PC we can pirate, get sales, or go on G2A. On consoles you're fucked into paying $60 for a game.

It will sell 2 million a month every month

>Nintendo
>Cool
They haven't been cool since the 90s, even then Sega was cooler. Also, Tegra? Seriously? What the fuck were they thinking? They could have just slapped every Wii U chip into an SoC, given it a die shrink and a clock bump and they would have ended up with something more powerful and efficient.

Clearly a shill thread, but I'm fairly excited since it looks like a console not dominated by its gimmick. That's why the DS was so good, yet the Wii had no lasting appeal and WiiU was a clusterfuck. 3DS survived solely on good library (albeit far into the lifecycle) and the good aspects of the DS in spite of the lame 3Dmeme.

Nintendo games are what I care the most for, not the power of the console. As long as the console is the host for the game and not the other way around, Nintendo consoles always get me because of 1st party titles.

I have not purchased a console since Gamecube, but I am a sucker for Zelda games and Breath of the Wild looks bretty good. Maybe good enough for me to buy one of these things after its been out a few months. I thought the whole conversion thing was dumb as fuck at first but it has been growing on me. I can't help but appreciate Nintendo for trying to do something new and taking risk.

you say "taking risk" but is there really a safe option for Nintendo in the console department? They've always been known as lagging behind in the graphics race, so kid-friendly appeal has been how they stay relevant. If anything I feel this sort of zany shit is the safe option for them.

>nvidia soc

I found the trailer hillarious. Marketing themselves to the people kids parents want them to grow up to.

>I feel this sort of zany shit is the safe option for them.

Haha, good point.

How long after launch till some fag breaks it down and we get full SOC specs?
Less than two days i'm expecting

We already know it's a down clocked X1