Mp3 players

not sure if this belongs in Sup Forums or Sup Forums but my 120GB iPod classic just kicked the bucket and I'm looking to get something with comparable storage capacity that supports lossless and ideally bluetooth

what're the Sup Forums-approved mp3 players?

Other urls found in this thread:

ifixit.com/Guide/iPod Classic Headphone Jack & Hold Switch Replacement/562
midwayusa.com/speedloader-pouches/br?cid=15247
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It belong in

not him but have you ever even touched that board? it's an anime board and it's shit

the classic Sup Forums meme was a sansa clip+ with rockbox, which seems to have died down since sandisk stopped manufacturing the clip+.

>comparable storage capacity that supports lossless and ideally bluetooth
How exactly did it fail? If it was just the hard drive you can get one of the many iFlash kits to use either microsd cards (up to 4 cards) normal sized sd cards (up to 2) or an msata. Regardless of which you pick the 6th gen ipod has some limitations but its still worth to check it out.

was it just a visual thing or is there some legitimate advantage the clip+ had over the current clip?

Oh and you can rockbox it to support lossless and all that, no bluetooth though.

the left speaker died out and i don't know shit about hardware repair

Fucking fix it yourself, literally takes 5 minutes or less and whatever the jack costs, shouldnt cost more than 5$. No soldering needed, just pop open it unplug the old jack plug the new one in and youre done.

ifixit.com/Guide/iPod Classic Headphone Jack & Hold Switch Replacement/562

this is the same shit you're talking about, right?

the current clip? if it's a new model it won't be supported by rockbox. btw the clip+ is the one in OP's image.
rockbox supports the clip+ and the clip zip i believe

In the late 1990s it became feasible to make portable, solid-state digital audio players. Most support the patented MP3 codec, but not all. Some support the patent-free audio codecs Ogg Vorbis and FLAC, and may not even support MP3-encoded files at all, precisely to avoid these patents. To call such players “MP3 players” is not only confusing, it also privileges the MP3 that we ought to reject. We suggest the terms “digital audio player,” or simply “audio player” if context permits.

That iPod model has terrible sound so he's better off buying something with a better DAC anyways

The Ruizu X02 looks pretty good if you want chink shit.

where 2 cop

your pic is goat

I recently bought a refurb clip+ and put rockbox in it. Best thing ever and with a ton of battery life if you use low bitrate vorbis (64 still sounds perfectly fine), you can put pretty big sd cards in it too (up to 32gb I think). My collection has 16k tracks and I can export all 8000 tracks with high rating to my 16gb sd card as vorbis64

shit's hella fine

holy shit

why do you people walk with 2 devices in your pockets when you could be listening to music on your smartphone? Battery usage is negligible so don't give me that

mainly storage capacity

Ali or Gearbest

Storage and sound quality.

>carrying a smartphone ever
enjoy your tracking device senpai

What died? If it's the HDD, you can invest $70 in a SD to iPod HDD adapter. I have and use one daily, and it's fantastic.

-because I can't use touchscreens and almost all modern smartphones feature no real physical controls or a good interface.
You think I wouldn't prefer to just use a phone instead?

I agree. Fuck touchscreens! I want physical buttons, damn it!

Fix it.

>storage capacity
>battery life
>physical buttons
>size
>fuck you

Clip+ and Clip Zip are both fucking kush, only real difference is the screen, both are rockbox-able, can take 128 GiB+ microSDs if you format them FAT32.

You can get manufacturer refurbished ones still on ebay I think. My clip+ ran me about 35 and my zip was around $70. Totally worth it. No bluetooth.

Apparently there's a Sony that's decent at around $200 if you really need bluetooth

just use your phone

>rockboxed clip+

It takes 128 GiB cards and up no problem, you just have to format them to FAT32 first.

The built in "smart menu" (searchable by genre etc) might only be able to handle like 10,000 songs or something but the folder view works great.

negligible size
the earbuds take up more room

Just eat a dick

modern phones support up to 256gb micro sd cards along with the storage they have
a good smartphone is comparable to a expensive dap like the htc one m8
>muh physical buttons
not an argument, retard. use poweramp

>modern phones support up to 256gb
Meanwhile I can toss a 1TB SSD in my iPod
>use poweramp
Poweramp magically adds physical buttons to shitty glass slates?

I'd suggest the Fiio brand players.

learn how to manage your library and not use flac

>muh physical buttons
not an argument

>learn how to manage your library and not use flac
Why would I not use flac when I can?
>LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU
You can keep spamming that it's not an argument all you want, it's not going to make you any less wrong.

Fiio X1

use a proper lossy format like aac or opus like a sane human being and stop being a placebo fag

>its not going to make you any less wrong
not an argument

Who said I listen to flac for muh audio quality?
>not an argument
Look, if you're okay with using a shitty glass slate, that's all fine and dandy but not everyone's a masochist.

Just get with the times. My phone is already fucking big enough in my pocket already why would i want to add more shit in mt pocket.

What if I can go home listen to flack on way better audiosystem and not walking around with headphones that make me look like a hipster or a asshole duche bag

So what.

A cluster fuck of trendy edgy hipster bull shit

>carrying things in your pockets
midwayusa.com/speedloader-pouches/br?cid=15247

>edgy

In what way? Do you think the person using this thinks he is coming across as dangerous?

he's probably unaware of how dangerous he's coming across
like he probably genuinely doesn't understand why people get upset when he goes near their children

>>muh physical buttons
>not an argument, retard. use poweramp
I did. Until I couldn't use a touchscreen anymore. Not like I can just expect my robot arm to start working with a capacitive touchscreen.

It's almost like you ignored every relevant part of the post and got triggered like an 18 year old "girl" on tumblr instead.

I said edgy not sketch..... Damn starting to see the type of people that use these things leave your house or mothers basement once snd a while

>photo taken outside
>"leave your mother's basement"

Epic.

>Wears trench coat
>has huge headphones on
>creapper glasses
>lookes like he hasnt shaved in months >sees some highschool children or elementry children
>asks hey kids want to see my MP3?

>clip+ backlight died two weeks ago
>they're now nearing $100

Just fucking kill me.

>OMG IM SO.... Impressed..... :|

I dont see how a normal everyday subway station is so well the way you put it "EPIC!"

It's outside of a basement.

A subway station is arguably a type of basement.

Haha thank you annon

yes, classic ipods are real bitches to open because all metal body and tabs so beware of that

Are headphone amps memes?

Because I've yet to find an android music app that sincronizes more than mere music reliably, mainly playcount as this is how I know what songs I really loved the shit out of the moment I heard them. You could say that's what ratings are for but I don't like them.

Good for you. I'd rather carry a device that does it better in spite of the additional weight. Quit caring so fucking much about others' choices when they affect you in absolutely no way whatsoever.

What if you stop spewing retarded memes?

The xduoo x3 with rockbox seems to be the best option right now, even if the fucking button layout is retarded.

JUST USE YOUR FUCKING PHONE YOU GOD DAMMED FILTHY LUDDITE

Why are you a troglodyte who doesn't use last.fm or libre.fm for playcounts?

JUST EAT A DICK YOU GODDAMNED AUTIST

Sony NW-A30 series.

Pros:
>Full touchscreen
>Full physical controls on side for pocket usage without turning on screen
>Active noise canceling built on
>NFC and Bluetooth Pairing
>Support for all file formats
>Nice colors

Cons:
>Short battery life (45 hours continuous)
>Pricing outside of Japan

Why stop at an mp3 player grandpa? Why not haul a hand cranked phonograph? It has unlimited battery life so it must be good right?

In the thumbnail it looked like a condom.
Now I'm disappointed.

>you should rely on additional services for functions so basic a fucking 10 year old ipod has them
Fuck you, nigger.

Also that last.fm scrobbler shit has bugs all the time. Tried it years ago on my computer, never again.

ebin

>Pricing outside of Japan

Even inside Japan these are expensive.

Why should I buy a Sony branded DAP instead of one of the 5000 highly rated chinese ones.

So your going to buy a gun holster for your MP3 player? Lol wow your a bad ass... Lets look like an emo father that has given up on life. Why not just put on a fanny pack full of bandaids and disinfectant while your at it.

your phone

GO INTO THE LIGHT!!!!!!

〜$150 isn't much to spend on a device like that.

Sony one has better build quality, an actual warranty, and continued firmware support.

Becuase I find sick entertainment in this

It's not much, but is it worth the price over all of those similar functioning ones for sub-$40?

>shitposting

Lol shit posting haha bud its called life Im just your wake up call

TRIGGERED!!!!!!!!!!!!

>reply == triggered
This meme never gets old

they so easy just get like hard thin guitar picks, or some old id you can cut up into triangles and work in with a knife, you can raplace batteries n jacks all day then just buy some broke battery or only sound ones in one ear ones off craigslist or ebay and you got some good money.

Until alot of americans finnaly decide to stop acting like a whole bunch of sensitive school children that meme will live on but then again there arw alot of them just about all over the world. TRIGGERED and in distress over little stupid things.

This, opening the iPod is the hardest part and even that is trivial.

tfw you make your own mp3(flac/ogg) with a micro arduino and a oled screen with some tact switches

tfw it lasts longer then old school ipods

tfw it interacts like a giant usb when plugged in to a pc

tfw i have 2 micro sdcard slots for music and the underlaying software is on a nand so i dont waste precious sdcard space

>like a giant usb
You mean a flash drive?

Someone might think that's a clock and get scared

I have a sugestion OP. Get a DVR like pic related and use it as an MP3 player.

It uses AAA batteries and costs less than $50.

mine lasts for around 100Hours of recording time, much, longer for playback

got myself an nwz-e584 with 8gbg. it supports flac (up to 48hz-24bit) and m4a. and it works on all platforms.

>CDN$ 1,098.00

What the fuck?

>tfw the only mp3 players being made now are random chink players or imports

Fucking normies and spotify ruining everything

You are probably looking at the Z.

Ah, you're right. Still close to $350CAD on amazon.ca though.

Just get a smartphone you autist.

in 2017 basically any smartphone + spotify

the fuck is this?