RIP RingPlus

>tfw no more free cell service

Anyone else sad the gravy train is over?

eh i still have freedompop something like 750MB free a month i never use on N5.

Imagine the freedom of having money to pay for reputable services, freeing you from the fear your subcontract on the worst network in America will be cancelled so you can focus on real parts of life

AHAHAHA Fucking destroyed savagely. What is that ringplus shit anyway? Some welfare mobile service or?

Imagine the freedom of having money to pay for reputable operating systems, freeing you from the fear your computer on Linux will crash and lose all your data so you can focus on real parts of life

obamaphone

Anyone could sign up. They had free plans with decent amounts of min/text/data.

I had 200 min/200 text/1 GB data for free every month.

They thought they could make it profitable be researching subscriber usage patterns or some shit.

no idea what you just said mate. i only use the freedompop 750mb thing since it was free. my main phone has unlimited data on tmobile.

sad..not really. the owners were incompetent morons and they deserve this. that said the service did actually work once you navigated their labyrinthine setup process

i've already ported to tello

>tello

seems to be the best option at this point. i'll mooch off RP for a few more days

>Listening to ads before and during phone calls just for free service
No. Though it is a douchy move on sprint's fault for kicking them off their network.

a lot of their plans have zero ads to listen to. at least mine didn't have ads

No they chose to leave

>For those with access to PACER, the filings are here. In them, RingPlus claims that Sprint has infringed on its intellectual property and has engaged in "unlawful and intentional conduct to harm RingPlus." It appears that RingPlus believes that it has patents or other intellectual property protection that protect its business model. RingPlus argues that Sprint has infringed on those.

They decided to go the patent troll route

Those plans are shit. There's a better plan out there but I don't want to advertise it. I really fucking hope that sprint doesn't buy T-mobile because they're a shit network.

>no

all it did was replace the dial tone with music and shit. in exchange for literally free service. fuck off

which is also why they failed. how the hell do you make money when you're giving out gigabytes of data every month with no monetization

>muh sekrit club

>There's a better plan out there but I don't want to advertise it.

be a gentooman

T Mobile is a shit network
>phone on left side of table
>5 bars
>move phone to right side of table
>no service

Literally my experience.
Straight Talk is the best carrier right now IMO

>Straight Talk is the best carrier right now IMO

straight talk is an MVNO not a carrier

You know what I meant.
It's a price that really can't be beat for reliable service. Unlimited Talk, Unlimited Text, supposed to be 2GB 4G data before throttling but it never kicks in for me until 5GB, for $50/ month. I just buy the 1 year card for $500 whatever dollars.

underage.