viewsoniceurope.com/uk/products/lcd/VX2457-mhd.php
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Name a better meme
ftfy

>Gimmick

youtube.com/watch?v=lXZ_N-c-Xi4

WRONG.

youtube.com/watch?v=dGhxW654tdo&t=229s

No Nvidia G-Sync... Why would I even bother?

Because I get absolutely no tearing with Nvidia Fast Sync both above and below the monitors refresh rate.

Does it come with g sync?

no. Nvidia users can use Fast sync for no tearing and low input lag

Any reviews out yet. I've been looking at the CH711. I want something with low response and input lag.

>va
Enjoy the black smearing with that terrible black to grey response times

digitaltrends.com/monitor-reviews/samsung-cf791-review/

>no VESA mounting
garbage

yes it does, it comes with a VESA backplate

>3440x1440
It this 2012?

No mention of measured response times, doesn't mention if its an 8bit or 10bit panel.

>va
Why are you intentionally buying a faulty panel?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=R8R-Np925hc
m.youtube.com/watch?v=EkEx0COr3rw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=27fCKZGAgFA

Response times dont matter because it's a VA panel

>Gaymur monitor
>Stolen iShit aesthetic design

Does not compute

4ms response time

Thats the fastest response time

The Samsung panel there is a TV.
The first BenQ has a rated response time of 8ms, and actual performance is always worse then the manufacturer rating.
The second BenQ claims 1ms grey to grey response, but its a super low quality "gaming" monitor.

In fact upon doing a little research you can find people complaining about the same issue with OLED displays, Plasma displays, various IPS panels, and etc. It isn't limited to the type of panel. Its probably the hardware display driver.

These manufacturer ratings don't mean anything when it comes to real world performance.

does it come with the bullet hole stickers

>Jose

No you dumb fuck, you don't seem to understand

VA abd OLED have a fatal flaw of having slow black to grey response times which causes intense smearing, this cannot be fixed its just the flaw of these panels, it doesn't matter who makes them because its the panel thats the problem

Tn and ips do not have this problem. If it does, then its a terrible screen. But even the best oled or va panel will always have this problem

Look at this picture of response times of different monitors, you can see the huge jump to even 44ms on one which is va, and thats black to grey

Fuck forgot pic

There are high performance MVA panels that don't have glaring issues, they're not the same as cheap PVA.
Saying all VA is one thing is like saying all LED is one thing.

>No G-Sync
>No 1ms response time

Fast Sync eliminates screen tearing with low input lag and and unlike G-sync it works even when the frame rate is above the monitors maximum refresh rate.

only shit TN panels have a 1 ms response rate

seriously this.

i was in worst buy today picking up a hard drive and went through the ricer section, the 38 inch ultra wide curved monitor was no taller than a 17 inch monitor.

i could run 3 17 inch monitors for like 30 bucks and get the same experience.

a 34 inch ultrawide is the same height as a 27 inch 16:9

>4K
>IPS
>144Hz
>HDR
>GSync
>Quantum dot backlight
>384 backlight dimming zones for better black levels and no IPS glow
>not bent around the corner because that's fucking retarded for a device meant to display flat, 2D images
>high DPI

well whatever that shit i saw today was like a foot tall and 2.5 feet wide and cost something obscene.

1. This monitor has not been released yet
2. 1440P ultrawide is better and more immersive than 16:9 4k

>LOL LOOK AT ME I GET SAME EXPERIENCE WITH SOMETHIN CHEAPER, I COULD NEVER AFFORD IT BUT I KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT.
shut the fuck up

Yeah, the image distortion from the 'round-the-bend design, the much increased aliasing and lack of HDR are going to be immersive as all fuck. I'd rather wait a few months for a screen that isn't confirmed worthless by its design alone. Lower refresh rate too, despite the low resolution.

is that the best comeback you have?

my 4k tv makes a pretty damn good monitor, i don't give a shit about all the monitor gimmicks the kids cry about.

>using a tv as a monitor
enjoy the massive input lag from all that processing

I really want a curved monitor senpai. Can anyone talk me into it?

>4k
>144hz

good luck with that cable bandwidth

>100 hz
Is VA that hard to drive at 120?

Read up on DP 1.4

DP1.2 can't do more than that

only an autist like you would care about a couple extra ms, and it's pretty minimal on this panel to the point where it's imperceptible in any fps i play.

Do you have a link for the video used to test in the first link? I tried a search and all I got was just explicit pap smear videos.

you're not even going to be able to afford that monitor and you're trying to defend it like a cuck lmfao. the whole point of 144hz monitors is running games at 144fps, or at least close to 144fps, realistically you're going to be playing all your games on very low settings if you're an FPS elitist and it's just not worth it at that point.

>implying all VA monitors are the same

>well i was wrong but let me keep complaining like if i was right

Why wouldn't I be able to afford it? Rumored price is $1200, that isn't all that much if it lives up to its spec sheet since it will be a decent screen for a good few years. Stop with your asshurt, you specifically asked for a better monitor and I showed you one.

I can already run simpler games at 144FPS 4K without sacrificing settings. It has GSync anyway, even going from 60 to 90 or something like that is noticeable, doesn't have to be a locked 144 to be a worthwhile upgrade, not to mention that local dimming and HDR are worthwhile upgrades by themselves.

I will be playing in ultrawide. you will be playing with horse blinders

Maybe if it's a modern tv I can excuse this, I tried to use my old 42" bravia and it was horrible, the font rendering was unreadable and the perfomance was ok but not acceptable.
>implying he cares about ms like some Sup Forumstard
>implying any modern tv would have this problem.
>what is game mode?
whatever coats your goat my dude.

Is that really the best you can come up with? Enjoy your distorted ultrawide when games scale vert- instead of hor+

TVs have a shit ton of signal processing unlike a computer monitor, retard

So, still shit black levels and higher input lag because of the FALD?

looking to buy this monitor but still waiting how this or the acer variant turns out

wouldn't the black levels be better with FALD?

>VA instead of IPS

so you prefer bad contrast and backlight bleed?

VA>IPS>>CRT>>>>>>>>>>>>TN

Input lag only effects video games.

You're not some kind of man child who enjoys such things are you?

They are supposed to be, but IPS has shit native black levels by nature and the FALD (if it even is a real FALD) takes some time to analyse the input and come up with a on/off configuration for the different zones (hence why increased signal processing lag) and it also creates an entire new set of problems like blooming and light stripes.

I seriously doubt it will have high input lag because of FALD. Black levels should in any case be better than typical IPS and it's going to be a while until we get proper OLED or actual quantum dot screens.

Disabling FALD decreased signal processing lag in any TV that has it, not sure why you think it would be different this time. Unless the algorithm is really basic, which will give worse results than expected.

FALD does not add ANY input lag to Vizio Tv's. I am using one now and use it to game in FPS and it works fine.

Fuck off retard, this hasn't been a problem since half a decade ago.

Not to add ANY at all the hardware needs to run the algorithm and come up with the output in less than 17ms. I guess this depends a lot on how clean the algorithm itself is and how powerful the built-in hardware responsible for it is. Those TVs nowadays come with fairly nice ARM SoCs, and TV manufacturers also have more experience dealing with this problem.

tftcentral will tell us anyway though, no point trying to guess what's inside of it. But it's doubtful that it'll be able to beat any decent current VA panel from Samsung, they hold the record for contrast ratio in LCDs right now.

>tftcentral
>vizio

I don't see why it can't have sufficiently fast hardware in order to compute FALD brightness values very quickly. It's not something incredibly complex and unlike TVs this is going to be designed specifically for games.

It's going to come with a GSync ASIC/scaler anyway, there's absolutely no reason for them to be unable to do the FALD computation in that thing as well.

It's HDR, so at the very least the contrast can't be shit or it wouldn't get the HDR name tagged on top. And the way most TV manufacturers seem to "deal" with input lag is to not give a fuck about it, because most TVs seem to be way shittier in that regard compared even to monitors which aren't "gaming" oriented.

I will be getting the acer that should not be as autistic looking as this

It's not as bad and rumors say it might be a bit cheaper too.

Read the post again, tftcentral will tell us about the monitor. Not the TV.
Is it a certified UHD Premium device though? If it isn't (I really don't know whether it is or not) then the "HDR" doesn't really mean anything. If it was good enough get certified though, it also doesn't really mean the contrast ratio is consistently amazing, it just means that in some situations it can pass the test.

About the FALD computation they even have to do it more than twice as fast due to the 144Hz refresh rate, the TVs are usually 120Hz but only accept 60Hz inputs when in their native UHD resolution, and most film content is in 23.968 fps anyway so there's much more time to do it. And yeah, they usually don't care that much about it because image quality is more important, although they're including a "game mode" which disables most of the processing making it less bad.

>name a better monitor

IBM T221

does this exist with freesync instead of gsync?

In light controlled environments:
Plasma > OLED > VA > IPS > TN

I don't think there's any info about certification, at least I haven't seen any. I'm pretty sure any required image processing will be handled by NVIDIA's custom shit though and it would be completely retarded if they designed a custom scaler/DSP that adds shitloads of input lag. Looking at other GSync screens, that certainly isn't the case.

I don't think so, NVIDIA is supposed to have had a hand in designing the panel these Asus and Acer monitors use.

>Name a better monitor
Sony Trinitron multiscan 200sx
800x600 @110Hz
or
320x240 @150Hz
See, faggot, I can reach high h-frequency aswell with a 18 years-old monitor.
Now get the fuck out.

nah

Is this thread still alive? Couldn't find the monitor thread.

viewsoniceurope.com/uk/products/lcd/VX2457-mhd.php

Is this a good monitor for playing vidya? I haven't heard of viewsonic before so I'm a bit skeptical, but the shop's owner recommended me this instead of a benq monitor I was eyeing. I plan to hook my pc and console to this monitor.

probably ok if you plan on sitting right in front of it. certainly it is not anything cutting edge

>Curved
What is this 1950-1990s?

Just fuck my perspective up

I cant wait for VR to get 4k and 8k headsets and blow these shit screens out of the water.

Shame thats gonna take a long time

>Sometimes gaming can be a marathon. With Flicker-Free technology and a Blue Light Filter, this monitor helps to eliminate eyestrain that comes with extended viewing periods – meaning you can outlast and out-game your opponents just as their eyes begin fail them.
kek

Is the Dell U2417H the best 1080p IPS? Looking for a second monitor to go with my 1080p 144hz tn

>get 1440p
the U2715H is $500 and I don't want to send it back 9001 times to get one without BLB

bump

probably the ugliest stand I have ever seen

No