AMD fanboys, do you hate more Intel or nVidia?

techpowerup.com/230360/first-intel-processor-with-amd-radeon-graphics-within-2017

>Back in December, it was reported that Intel could license AMD's GPU technology for integration into its future processors. The whispers are growing louder, with Hard|OCP editor Kyle Bennett (who broke the original December story), reporting that the first product of this collaboration could be out within 2017.

Other urls found in this thread:

techpowerup.com/230360/first-intel-processor-with-amd-radeon-graphics-within-2017
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I think a dual core celeron with a amd iGPU technology would be awesome for multimedia tier pc.

>Kyle Bennett
Yeah, may as have just made it up.

Nvidia by a landslide. Proprietary drivers and API's, very little effort to work well with Linux.

Not this bullshit again

Nvidia. While Intel is scummy, at least their CPUs aren't inferior to AMD's CPUs.

Nvidia has been getting shit on for years, and somehow people think they are the "premium" brand.

The 4870 ate the 280 for breakfast, the 7970 and 290 based cards still are relevant when the 5 and 6 series can't even boot up several games. And anybody who doesn't already own a gsync monitor who chooses a 1060 over a 480 is a blatant fanboy.

They also hold back technology, by pushing old APIs and forcing over tesselation on games. Something they didn't even implement until the 400 series.

Also, even before the crimson and relive updates, I thought AMD had significantly better graphics drivers.

>Nvidia has been getting shit on for years, and somehow people think they are the "premium" brand.
LoL no, Nvidia for the last 4 at least has been superior to AMD in virtually every way with a small handful of exceptions. AMD still doesn't have a high end GPU to compete with the 1070 let alone 1080

Nvidia proprietary drivers for linux area miles ahead proprietary amd drivers despite their obvious hostility to open source/free software

How so? With $1000+ cards without fp64 support? The Hawaii cards are now trading blows with the 980Ti, a card that has been outmoded by 3 Nvidia cards.

Class for class, AMD has always outperformed Nvidia cards. Sure Nvidia may have an $800 care that is the best for a few months, but they don't scale well into the future. A $200 AMD card will last for years, an Nvidia card may be 10% better now, but drop off the earth after a new generation comes out.

Show me a single card that Nvidia has that outperformed an AMD card from the same time frame with the same price.

>Intel Designed Final Solution

8800gt

>handful of exceptions
lol, like everything

980ti and fury x. 980ti costs half as much

Both of them had a launch MSRP of $649.

Both are shitty cards anyways lmao.

Still, the 980ti always DESTROYED the fury x and now it also costs less. ayymd released another poo on the street

by like 5 fps and that was because they didn't release the optimized drivers at launch. After that the fury x was almost always ahead.

Or a pentium core with some graphical profile enough to have modern titles at average settings.

You know, for people that are not extra virgin salty autists obsessing over minutia, and just want to play some fucking games.

1 rupee has been deposited to your designated account, thanks for shilling with nvidia

That would be the g4560

>Still, the 980ti always DESTROYED the fury x and now it also costs less. ayymd released another poo on the street
What kind of illusionary cuckery are you experiencing

I am not an amd fanboy, but with only 2 real options for cpus and 2 real options of non integrated gpus, I side with amd.

amd at one point had better cpus then intel, hands down, no debate. intel paid off everyone to not use them or else.

nvidia has had every generation of their gpus shit on by amd sense the hd4000 series if not in performance and price, then by price, and when they are neither, price performance kicks nvidias ass again till the drivers are up there and then just kicks nvidias ass.

For companies, Its hard to tell, I probably hate intel more as they actively sabotaged amd and fucked them for years due to low profits and lack of r&d

but if its users, I despise nvidia more, because when given a choice they went monopoly, great for me so long as amd stays afloat, but how far ahead would games be if nvidia didn't cripple them with spaghetti code.

I am just curious why would intel need their GPU ?

Also isn't intel very stringent when it comes to drivers and shit ?
I remember back in the SSD days they were using sandforce shit, but they took their time to verify shit and thus hand a legendary warranty for their SSDs
They might make the same demands with AMD and their drivers as well.

i like amd but youre exaggerating. with the exception of DOOM the hawaii cards do not trade blows with 980ti which was honestly a respectable gpu a year ago
t. 390 user

No, Intel drivers are among the worst out there, they can barely work well with DX9 anything, though they fixed most of their issues on DX10 and newer
Their *nix support is acceptable only due to the sheer amount of Intel iGPU's out there, and because it's FOSS and people eventually did their shit

> AMD fanboys, do you hate more Intel or nVidia?
Intel.

>all AM4 motherboards include intel technology because AMD cant into ethernet controllers
>amdfags literally flying off the walls from insanity because they are giving money to intel when building their brand new #ryzen builds

its a dream come true :3... intel is finally going to kill off amdfags FOREVER.

So, Intel can't GPU, and AMD can't NIC.

Two way street famalam

I mean, Realtek gigabit NIC's aren't terrible. They work as expected, and their drivers don't crash.
They just don't have some advanced features, like bonding, etc.

>buying any intel chip for the igpu without iris pro

gross famalam

i have a feeling this amd garbage is going to be for macs and retards rather than people who actually want efficient laptops because amd cant do power conservation.

Who's gonna benefit more. Intel getting $10-15 Ethernet in AMD's limited market
Or AMD gaining $50-100 chip for Intels large APU market.

nVidia. they wronged me with their virtualization driver lockout. I get mad typing about it.

>AMD's apu gpu's
>$50-$100

dude the apu's themselves are overpriced at $50-100 for the WHOLE retail package AT THE HIGH END...

i think you severely overestimate how much those igpu's cost to make, and even then AMD owns none of their own fabs. unlike intel, so AMD is paying most of the money they make off chips to the 3rd party fabs. those igpu's probably cost less than $5 a piece of shit

>Or AMD gaining $50-100 chip for Intels large APU market.
Where do you idiots pull this garbage from. Intel is paying AMD a flat rate, its a few billion dollars over the next 5 years.
Intel is licensing fundamental GPU patents from AMD, not specific graphics IP. Intel is not coming to market with a Radeon graphics equipped processor. They are not paying AMD per chip sold.

It was a rough number you autists. Either way the cash stack should be in AMD's favor.

you really think so? do you think every single cpu intel makes will now have amd gpu's in it?

i highly doubt that, most likely this is for apple to stave off them moving to arm. because apple uses amd gpus and intel cpus in most of their products.

i doubt high end desktop chips will waste a stupid amount of space on garbage igpus like these when they already use the low end igpus rather than iris pro and shit.

meanwhile EVERY am4 motherboard has intel chips in it, what a fucking time to be alive. where intel is going to be in EVERY SINGLE desktop computer on the market, while AMD will only get a foothold in low end laptops and macbooks.

This. Somehow this guy lives off providing tech news and reviews everyday but he misses the most basics of basics.

He thought i5s had hyperthreading, i3s didn't have hyperthreading, and "the first Pentium to have hyperthreading" being the latest gen.

How the fuck does this happen?

Like many tech writers hes a miserable alcoholic without a real job. Nick Farrell who writes for Fudzilla is probably the poster boy for being a barely functional drunk.

Nvidia are jerks for sure, but they don't come close to the literal thug moves Intel does against AMD.

You know posting from a phone will cause you to space out whole lines of text and make you look like a fuckwit. Right?

>every single cpu intel makes will now have amd gpu's in it
That's a possibility. Intels a company driven by profit. If they can lay off an entire division and still return a profit, they will.
>i highly doubt that, most likely this is for apple to stave off them moving to arm. because apple uses amd gpus and intel cpus in most of their products.
So a mass market still open to AMD, is a bad thing?
>i doubt high end desktop chips will waste a stupid amount of space on garbage igpus like these when they already use the low end igpus rather than iris pro and shit.
That's not how the progress of technology works. Nor does that increase sales at all. Intel will use these to go after the PC gaming market by shoveling them off to parents that don't know what a graphics card is.
> while AMD will only get a foothold in low end laptops and macbooks.
That's fanciful. Sure AMD will take the low end market. But it's looking that Zen is the game changer that will really put them back on the map. Saying it's a non starter is really shortsighted and fanboyism.
Only thing that can really kill the Zen train is if it doesn't clock more than 3.5. Or Intel starts pushing Pentium 4 as a budget solution. But advertising it to get normalfags to buy a Pentium will be futile.

>That's a possibility. Intels a company driven by profit. If they can lay off an entire division and still return a profit, they will.
even the article says this deal is aimed solely at the low end, dunno why there is any debate on the matter.

>So a mass market still open to AMD, is a bad thing?
>macbooks and apple computers already slowing down and being outsold by pc's and chromebooks
yeah, putting your eggs in a basket that is falling fast to the ground is a bad decision to make, because no matter what you do that basket is still going to fall and break everything eventually.

>That's fanciful. Sure AMD will take the low end market. But it's looking that Zen is the game changer that will really put them back on the map. Saying it's a non starter is really shortsighted and fanboyism.
>Only thing that can really kill the Zen train is if it doesn't clock more than 3.5. Or Intel starts pushing Pentium 4 as a budget solution. But advertising it to get normalfags to buy a Pentium will be futile.
im talking about GPU's here you numbskull, jesus fucking christ wear your stupid fanboyism on your sleeve why dont you

also, not posting from a phone, but its really quaint that you insult someone before replying to their post. real fucking big of you retard.

right now compared to intel, amd is more power efficient and possibly higher ipc when paired up against their 8 core, how well it scales down is a up in the air, but don't cunt them out on laptops

Fuck that, do you even imagine a Special G4560 that comes with an RX 460? That'd be a fucking beast.

AMD needs to stop up their game with pre-builds. And i really think Sup Forums underestimates how many PC gamers, especially the ignorant, lazy and just starting out just get a pre-build.

IF, and thats a rare IF a rebuild has an AMD option it's the base model that anyone buying it is quickly unsold to the better model feating say, a 970 or 1060. While the base model AMD GPU is something like a r5 250 or RX 460.

And when these people feel it's time to upgrade, "i know Nvidia, lets just stick with them. After all, the AMD option was the low end one when i bought this thing, so Nvidia must be better"

So, is intel going to use GPUs derived from GCN in the future?

We are talking about nvidia vs Intel, not vs amd. Nvidia has proprietary drivers and as far as I know, no wayland integration (at least the GUI does not mention wayland). Intel has everything FOSS.

Friendly reminder that $brand_name fanboys are blatant consumerist retards.

>bash
Eww.

I prefer Intel on CPUs and AMD GPUs. Nvidia a shit.

Intel makes Nvidia look like a bunch of angles in comparison. Or are people here too young to remember the MASSIVE amount of Intel fuckery? Funny how people forget that AMD used to have BETTER products than intel but where muscled out of the market by Intel's shady business practices thus fucking up their RND budget for YEARS.

The 390 was better than the 970

lol no amd fag poojeet

>AMD still doesn't have a high end GPU to compete with the 1070 let alone 1080
>What is Vega