I set mine up on a centOS Server VM

Running perfectly fine.

Of course you have to disable it for Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/z65qXLbF
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I stood one up last week
Was pretty neet-o
need to point current AD DCs to it though as a master/slave set up so I can still use my AD DCs

I just use Tomato's adblock feature on my router

Dude you might wanna put it in the fridge. The things about to catch fire.

>Running perfectly fine.
100°C
foh shizzle mah nizzle

A VM catching fire ?

VMware VFire

I'd like to run it, and used to run it before, but now I have a web site and stuff, and it uses Port 80 :I Even recompiled it for apache, even if my site is exclusively https/HSTS but it still used to redirect new clients to port 80.

There shouldn't even be temperature detection when running inside a VM

I've been thinking about setting one up myself for awhile now but Sup Forums paranoia has me wondering what's the catch.

pihole logs your traffic

why not use pfsense with pfblockerng instead?

>Of course you have to disable it for Sup Forums
lol no

>pfblockerng
because we hate pfsense.

I use it an a raspberry pi 3. no ads on my home network on all the tablets, phones and computers is amazing.

So my internet is 10 gbps, can i still use a pi hole without any slowdowns?

Edit the lighttpd.conf and change the port from 80 to 8080 or whatever else dipshit

It's just a bash script. Audit it if you're that paranoid.

I've been running it for a while. Recently made a stylish dark style for it.

>MY VM IS OVERHEATING!!!!

What does this actually do that's not already done by the SquidGuard running on my Firewall?

why not setup a UTM?

pic related is mine

too dark, emo faggot

Mind sharing that .css famalam?

>His edge device only has two interfaces

Very messy but here you go

pastebin.com/z65qXLbF

why would I need more?

DMZ, dual wan failover, interface specific firewall policies. I thought you were Mr. UTM?

>DMZ, dual wan failover, interface specific firewall policies
Not needed. I do not have any servers that need outside access and I thought this discussion was about home use.

>I thought you were Mr. UTM?
It wasn't intended as a brag but more about why a piece by piece solution instead of a unified one.

Looks like proprietary garbage

It's not going to slow down your download speeds. The only thing it will change is the latency and that will probably go up.

Learn how to do it properly you pissant.

How is this different from running dnsmasq with MPVS hosts?

>Of course you have to disable it for Sup Forums
Why do you have to do that?

One comes prepackaged and has a fancy web interface?

Seems to me that you have plenty of edges user.

If you block ads with hosts file or something like a pi-hole, do websites still detect you are blocking ads like when you are using an ad blocker.

That's not how it works fucker, ads request port 80, not 8080.

The fuck is a Pi hole

What is that? A botpot?

Depends if you set it to reject or drop the connections.

Is there a good up to date list of all the ad domains? Quick google search didn't give anything

It's a VM. Temp readings are basically bullshit

>not using pfsense

You're better off operating a whitelist if you're going to be thorough. You'll thank yourself 3 months down the road

My UTM already blocks advertisements, that combined with unlock and umatrix keeps me from ever seeing an ad. It doesn't have a DNS server so I just run a small 2012R2 VM that runs DNS and that's it.

Some of these domains are by family members.

DId you actually buy yourself a watchguard?

How much did you pay?

I work for WatchGuard so I didn't pay a thing. Every employee gets a free fully loaded device. Mine is an M200. The cost of the box with the current licensing on the device is just shy of 5K.

Damn... That's nice.
For me a T10 would be perfectly fine.
But I don't want to pay licenses every other year

Take it from me, a T10 is shit. Bare minimum for a Sup Forums tier "Power User" is going to be a T30 and even that is going to be limiting depending on configuration. It can do full UTM with DPI and doesn't add much delay.

Well... for now I'll be stuck with pfsense

PFSense is a good UTM. People give it shit due to it being free but it does well on a decent machine.

You're so fucking stupid. Pi-hole webui is being served locally on whatever port you have configured for lighttpd. Maybe you should just install windows instead, seems more your speed.

I think he was replying to the idea of the "blank html" page response in place of ads. If you look at the config (at least on older versions) it used to redirect ad domains to the PiHole IP address, so it was serve blank pages.

So probably confusion rather than retardedness?