>the new XPS has shitty linux support and coil whine
>the new Macbook Pro has >noports and a useless AMD GPU

Why must we suffer in life?

(Pic is of old versions but whatever)

mbp's are great you idiot

who the fuck really cares

Shitty linux support? Why?

I need a new PC tho.

Google it up, it has serious driver problems and it's almost impossible to dual boot easily.

Oh, good to know.

Sup Forums - Consumer Electronics

Then get a desktop and some cheap 13" laptop which is actually portable.

My girlfriend has a 2015 MBP and it's pretty good. She's a photographer so she needs the screen to be really good and the laptop itself performs decently especially if you use it as a workstation that just so happens to be mobile.

If you're looking for a meme station I have a 11" MBA and they are cheap now. Smaller screen size but it's as portable as any tablet and runs well as a desktop for work and bullshit.

>inb4 Gaymes

I'm an adult and play games at home in my free time on a desktop that is fully powered.

You surely aren't going to drop that meme on us

This, you fucking madman.

Why would you want to dual boot gayman?

there are many 15" laptops that kick ass without boosting you faggotin levels.
dell, hp and fujitsu make some pretty good machines if you are willing to pay premium...

First of all there's no good games. Secondly, they are going to come out with external GPUs in the next year just wait for it. Save up all your chicken tendies UPC labels.

The MacBook pro with touchbar is excellent. It's just overpriced.

Big fan of my Asus Q551LB. The battery isn't great, but it has solid specs for a medium-weight laptop, 15" screen, and has taken to everything I've tried to do with Linux on it with no driver issues.

Also cost me less than half the price of the new mbp

i have the xps 13 and if there is remotely any source of a small noise in the room you won't be able to hear it. coil whinie is fainter than most whines from lights. it's worth getting the laptop anyways

The dGPU of the MPB15 is also quite nice considering why it's there. Protip: Games aren't the focus.

Protip: If some memeps 13 with memetouch emojibar has coil whine, don't buy it. It ultimately makes companies pull more bullshit like this since you fucking bought their faulty product. End yourself consumer piece of shit.

The p50 is always here for you

Macbook Pro 15" is pretty dank actually

Better question: why are there no good laptops at all? Unless you want to drop $1000 you're stuck with a single-core Celeron and a slow-ass hard drive, with 1366x768 resolution and Windows 10 permanently burned into it.

>If you're looking for a meme station I have a 11" MBA and they are cheap now.
>OP starts a thread specifically on 15" laptops
>user suggests 11" laptop
Typical Sup Forums.

>girlfriend
>my

You're on a Canadian flash animation discussion board, do you really expect honest to god legitimate answers to any question?

>Secondly, they are going to come out with external GPUs in the next year just wait for it.
>"they"
Who are "they"?

External GPUs and enclosures for desktop GPUs have been out for years.

Earliest example I can think of was a Sony Vaio Z 2013, had its own proprietary version of Intel LightPeak (used actual fiber optic with a separate copper pair for power, so it had potentially way more bandwidth than thunderbolt).

Alienware more recently has basically an enclosure with a desktop GPU inside it. There are other, 3rd party solutions as well.

just get a rMBP from 2015, it's fucking great

The screens are too small.

What is the best 2015/2016 macbook in terms of price/performance?

>t. macshill

I don't even play vidyagays, just want a nice machine to develop neural networks and watch movies

If you actually need a new laptop, you'll accept the fact that you'll have to compromise somewhere and quit bitching.

If you don't really need one, then you wait.

I was looking for laptops that I could use while away for work for months at a time. I also needed to be able to do my school work while away which involved learning the basics of coding and doing things in vmware. Two cheaper options that I did not end up getting but still seem like pretty good choices were the Lenovo Y700 and Dell i7559

Get a Thinkpad unironically. T570, T570s look pretty good.

15" is 2big

MANLET DETECTED

No, they're not. I should've bought a Dell or Lenovo laptop. This computer is made of weak soda can shit and performance wise is worse than a smartphone. It also gets hot enough to fry my balls when it's on my lap. Stop shilling these horrible pieces of tech. Literally worse than Chromebooks.

The OS is also shit.

>neural networks

You will want something with a nvidia gpu for CUDA, so that removes all macbooks

The new Macs also have shitty Linux support.

Could be retarded and talking about his fan

Just get a sager or clevo.

I haven't seen a single third party egpu that actually works

What exactly do you need a powerful GPU for with Mac OS anyways?

Retina display
That's about it, radeon pro 460 (not RX 460) is not a "powerful GPU" at all

MacBook pros are trash, my custom 2014 model just experienced a logic board failure. Guess who's operating system is too retarded to tell when it's melting it's own components.

Can't wait for Apple to die of curable cancer like Steve Jobs.

>tfw I've gradually become blind from staring at tiny fonts

If both of these are trash, someone name a 13 inch or above laptop with extremely high build quality.

It is for general use and transportation, but it has a reason to exist, prominently graphic design and video editing.
Now 17",that's waaaaay too fucking big

2-in-juans

I just got my mother and HP Envy 13, someone fucked up on the price and was $150 instead of $450

Very portable, will help her learning word and excel and it's so light and looks very professional.

I'd have loved to have that one but my old laptop is still good and running and just needs more ram.

But I think its better than a MBP if you are gonna use it to work at least.

>MBP
>Custom
Either you're retarded or you tinkered with something and fucked it up

My mom just bought me a weird HP Envy X360 laptop that isn't anywhere online and looks identical to a Spectre x360
No complaints, bomb laptop, lightweight, bomb specs, not sure what model it actually is but I like it

Usually places like Wal Mart and Costco have their own model numbers for electronics. So the exact same thing is available elsewhere under a different model number, and maybe some minor feature differences.

Are you looking for powerful laptop and need the 15" screen because anything smaller is a firehazard or do you just want a 15" screen for browsing/workflow? If it's the latter I'd say take a small concession on the screen size and get an x1 carbon.

Just use linux mint you cuktard