Best language for beginning programming in VS 15?

Should I go with VB, C++, or C#? I pretty new to programming. I intend to do it as a hobby, and maybe make some money on the side. Not really making any sort of specific genre of software, just looking for a good, easy, general-purpose language.

bump

C#

And why?

This, I just find it so nice to program in, feels smooth

Because it's a great language and it's better than VB and C++

It's not as fast and cross platform compatible as C++ though

I see

C# is Microsoft's Java

kek

you forgot F# :^)

Go with VB when you feel confident switch to C# when you feel confident switch to C++. When you feel confident switch to Vanilla JS. Now blow some cock.

>VB, C++, C#

Are you literally a cuckold? These are some of the worst languages.

man u are an idiot.
I use C# at AMD to make system programs and GUI apps.

I know C, Python, Java, javascript, and C# is probably the cleanest next to Python, but it's much more powerful for a lot of tasks, such as windows apps and GUI programming.

Basically.

Not too bad though.

You should go with C.

You will need to learn it anyways, because it is the basis for a lot of different modern languages like C++, C#, etc..

Learning C++/C# as your first langauge is not a good Idea, especially C++ is a very huge lanugage which will take years to fully comprehend.
C is a lot more compact and teaches you about the most important things that you will need to go forward.

Learn C first, once you are comfortable with pointers, mem allocation, structures then you go with C++, learn about data structures, algorithm optimization.
In every step of the way try to solve problems applying what you are learning.

>C# is Microsoft's Java

A widespread modern language with excellent support, and a wide range of high paying jobs in all sectors of industry?

Sweet

>java
>modern
pajeet pls

Nice meme

Thats what was done at my university.
I thought it was a good way to learn programming.

>Learn Latin it's the base of almost every European language
This is how stupid you sound.

easiest and best way to make GUI (on windows, that is)

.net framework has fucktons of useful shit

it's great for making CRUD applications

doesn't have shitty syntax like Java

the IDE has a lot of features you probably won't use, but it's solid (not going to shit itself, while giving good code completion and good error messages, not that gibberish that most give)

I'd say it's pretty good for a hobbyist, the performance is worse than C++ but it's still good for general purpose

VB is somewhat similar to C#, since they use the same framework, but as of features of the language itself, I wouldn't know what to tell you. Just the syntax that is really different than C# or C++