Why are macfacs so proud about overpaying for standard x86 PC-hardware?

Why are macfacs so proud about overpaying for standard x86 PC-hardware?

Other urls found in this thread:

hardware.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=10191963&cid=53786433
9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
stallman.org/apple.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because.

why do you care

Why do mactards care so much to let the world know they use a "Apple 15 inch Macbook Pro Retina with dGPU mid-2013 Designed by Apple in California in partnership with Starbucks" rather than just "my laptop".

why are poor people so obsessed with how much money other people spend on their electronic toys?

i'm not the one being a complete sperg because some people happen to have more disposable income than you

Because they paid thousands of bucks for their laptop and they think it's something to brag about.

Consciously they think they hate seeing bad management of money. Subconsciously they're actually wishing the money wasted could be given to them so they can spend on their own frivolities.

Ask /mkg/ why they pay $300 for tiny keyboards with pink caps and braided cables
Ask Sup Forumstards why they buy LEDs and cases with stupid windows in them

How else would they validate themselves? Some people with a certain issue like to buy big cars to compensate for it, some buy macbooks. It's just like when people have to discuss smartphones and the applefag can never say ''my phone'', he just has to say ''my iPhone'' with proper capitalization.

- Sent from my iPhone 7 through Tapatalk

Ironically, it's mostly poor people who buy Appleshit because their poorfag education tends to leave them unable to shop for better hardware and makes them more susceptible to falling for Apple RDF.

>Mac
>x86 hardware
really?

Why are you so obsessed with other people's choices? You sound mentally ill.

funny how my MacBook air never overheat in any occasion. This is 2016 model however with 8gb ram.

I bought mine 8yrs ago, and I didn't buy it for "x86 PC-hardware". I bought it because Windows Vista was a steaming pile of shit, and the the materials are far more durable than a typical consumer laptop.

I'm so tired of everyday people bickering over what phones and cars eachother use, I only refer to my things in the most vague, way possible. It's sickening how most of my co-workers talk about these things...things most of them can't even afford to "buy" without financing.

hardware.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=10191963&cid=53786433

I recently bought the 2016 pro without the toucher. Never had so much buyers remorse in my life.

Should I return it for last years model or just take the money back? Am I even allowed to do that if there's nothing wrong with it? I can't justify the 2000 dollars I spent on this average laptop. The older model is only 1500. Canadian prices.

Nah, sorry. I have a job and I don't have time to troubleshot shit with windows pcs. Like it or not mac stuff works better and apple's devices have better integration with each other.

It just werks

That's fucking pathetic.

ROFL

>"""""""last year""""""""""s model
LMAO
M
A
O

topkek

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should ahmed

Keep it as a reminder that you're a fucking idiot and that Sup Forums is always right.

All memes aside return it and get the 2017 X1 Carbon.

Get a refund, buy something like a T420, 16GB of ram, an SSD and maybe an Ultrabay Hard Drive adapter.

Take the rest of your dosh and then proceed to get that dosh in nickels. Bathe in those nickels and then go buy something else nice.

we should encourage people to spend money on useless junk

that's what's propping up our economy, after all

it's not standard, applel pretty much makes the whole thing themselves

Encourage people to give money to jews that don't pay any taxes and tries to ship as many jobs over to chinese sweatshops as possible.

Fuck off Tim Kike.

There is no 2016 model. But yeah, I have the 2015 Air and it doesn't give a fuck unless you try to do something retarded like compile Chromium on it.

Standard x86 hardware doesn't burn your house down if you try to watch a youtube video.

#justapplethings

The actual production is a problem, and I agree, but these devices create many american jobs, and contrary to popular belief, apple makes contracts with american businesses.

slamming apple for overseas production is reasonable, but getting rid of all consumer devices would be a major hit to the economy.

/thread

So, Intel doesn't design and manufacture their CPUs, huh? It's all just standard hardware since 2006.

What a great company. If I was a shareholder I sure would be pissed of they paid for Shaniqua's 6th kid instead of expanding the company.

>i'm sure glad i have to pay more taxes and have funding cut for road maintenance, infrastructure, public services, AND pay for Shaniqua's 6th kid because the portion of taxes that should've paid for those things weren't paid because kikes like Applel jewed their way out of it

iToddlers are literal cucks in every sense of the word.

Maybe the government should close those loopholes? Companies have an obligation to their shareholders to throw away as little money as possible.

KEKED
U
C
K
E
D

ITT: greasy poor autistic thinkpad users.

Stay mad autists

Introducing the Apple® iGoat™ to Middle Eastern countries.
Just because you can do something, means you should.™

At least with an expensive car it actually takes more effort to get a better one, but with Macs and iShit, you see fucking homeless people with them, it's a status symbol for fucking low class pieces of shit.

.tWindowsTodder

t.Poorfag

t.Microsfttoddler

what do u mean

2012 Macbook Pro. 16gb ram, Evo SSD. 2tb hard drive in DVD bay. El Cap. Metric fuckton of ports.

Master.Fucking.Race.Bitches.

Unlike your American made Chinkpad?

>and the the materials are far more durable than a typical consumer laptop.

Yeah, in your imagination. There's no way the thin profile and thin ass cables are durable in any sense of the word. Stop pretending you're buying it for durability when Apple hardware becomes obsolete so quickly.

Exactly, let these fags buy fruit computers and eat fruit salad suggestively.

>no reflection
>people who criticize apple hardware have no soul

Most of us aren't proud about it. We just get tired of shopping for laptops and Apple laptops are usually decent at worst in most regards, so we end up buying macbooks.

I'm not even kidding. Shopping for laptops is exasperating, because even the more expensive ones (higher end thinkpads, dell XPS, etc) fucking *always* have a handful of dealbreaker/annoying flaws, and even if you by some miracle find a truly excellent generic windows laptop, when it comes time to upgrade you've gotta go through the same shit AGAIN because no windows laptop manufacturer can manage to pull off excellence twice in a row.

Ain't nobody got time for that. With macbooks, I spend an hour comparing the models has available and I buy the damned thing and know it'll be decent instead of spending days or a week reading reviews, checking out laptops in-store, etc and possibly getting a lemon despite those efforts.

>decent at worst

Excuse me, did you just assume my architecture?

>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and trashed the design to go back to copying 90's laptops with solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats at the slightest task because abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz because of chronic overheating problems
>retina meme supposedly for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating makes it impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air is even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o [Open]

>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws

howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
>it's 2017 and moving files around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

>not being proud of affording social status

this post is fucking awesome

>who the fuck clicks upper edge?
>implying
>more sturdy than a X220 clickpad
>source: my arce
>muh real buttons because the chinks don't write good drivers maymay
>and works great
>tales_from_my_arse.jpg
>granted: the keyboard is shit, but has more travel that one milimiter. Get you measurements right
>horrendous battery management
Literally can end the day with a heavily wear battery and SSD
>and thinkpads still have shit batteries with shitty life and charging the same for a macbook
>source: me
>implying
I had a Yoga 2 and was the worst shit I had in my life in terms of battery life
>granted
>le overheating maymay
Nah, they don't overheat, this is a meme.
>throttles to 800mhz cause overheating
This is a meme. Even with the fan disconnected mine hasn't throttled. This is true for Ivy and Haswell CPUs
>meanwhile, an average consumer laptop has shitty colors even on ips ones
>muh matte maymay xD
>this_is_bait.png
>1366x768 TN at 11.6 still are more DPI than average laptop
>even the worst TN panel in Macbooks looks better than a IPS Thinkpad X220
>le battery explosion maymay

>granted: this is a problem
>granted: this is a problem too
>it has travel, literally a milimeter, but it has
It's almost mechanical, but the low travel ruins everything
>granted: it's a gimmick
>still wanting to use the retarded USB-A in 2017
Let the fucker die, son. It's stupid that we still are using like seven different usb connectors for a supossed universal bus
>mostly false, escape is in the memebar
>granted
>granted
>granted

No, because they still do some things right.
>literally the only laptop inmune to a electrical surges attacks
>literally the only laptop that has a decent screen with decent resolution
>literally OSX is the one that does scaling right
You have problems with the font rendering bro. And no, there's isn't a correct way to do font rendering. It depends if you want to improve the proper representation of the font.

᠎᠎

᠎᠎᠎

᠎᠎᠎᠎

᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎᠎

>t. macshill

>has the bravery to call me mac shill
>puts ads by lenovo
Why the fuck are you shilling for a 14 inch laptop with a fucking number pad?

god damn that number pad though lol

>mactoddler unironically posting from a facebook machine trying to crap on a real productivity laptop

That's a T560. Lenovo's 14 inch laptops still don't have numpads.

All memes as side what us the os actually like? I'm considering finding a cheap old macbook to test the os and learn it before judging it properly. How hard would it be to turn my shitty laptop in a hackintosh?

just works, but nothing extraordinary

I didn't pay $1600 so my son could walk around like some chink with a lenovo

Le fuck's this?

Notice that the only alternative to supposedly terrible Apple laptops according to copypasta and aged jpegs in these threads are Lenovo(tm) Thinkpad(c) laptops.

This and the fact that Lenovo is the only company openly shilling here with their daily memepad threads really makes you think.

I think of it as paying more, to be able to walk into an apple store and speak to a human when problems occur.

Probably the same reason Winfags do the same with their hipster "Surface Book with Surface Pen and Cortana botnet"

>Macbook breaks
Get it repaired probably same day or even replaced if it's still under Applecare
>PC laptop breaks
RMA the whole thing off to Chinkland for two months

Not OP, but people are supporting a terrible tech company by buying Apple products.
stallman.org/apple.html

>it's almost mechanical
Yes, your 0.5mm abomination is almost mechanical, sure. I was going to reply to most of your points (like using "literally" for opinions), but this claim right here was the stupidest.

>sacre bleu

>Haslel
>Posts several machines with skylake and broadwell
Retard

>one model out of like 20 has skylake
>"several"
But yeah, I know 1, maybe 2 generations relied on Broadwell.