wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PCI_passthrough_via_OVMF
qwerkywriter.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Grow up, you fucking manchild.

because only kids play games...

Dude
youtube.com/watch?v=16dbAUrtMX4

Hardware passthrough

says a guy who's entire OS family was made because 2 guys wanted to port a game to waste time on.

Games are fun, deal with it.

>actual games
The most interesting games work fine on linux. Kys.

>want to play games
>can't live without a package manager anymore
Send help

linux vm my nigga

Are you implying the contrary?

Maybe a playstation might tide you over until you become a man.

Can't you just use dual boot?

>A cartoon picture alongside this post
Like clockwork

Just run blackbird. It cleans it up good. No reason to not use Windows 10 with it.

windows VM, GPU passthrough
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PCI_passthrough_via_OVMF

>2017
>not dualbooting windows 7 and linux

I honestly didn't know there were people who didn't do this.

You should take a look at the following top online shops for some great special offers on the market and the other side of the house and the other side of the house and the other side of the house and the other side of the house and the other side of the house and the other side of the house and the other side of the house and the other side of the house and the other side of the house.

FPBP

>2017
> not using PCI passthrough

I honestly didn't know there were people who didn't do this.

>Someone would stand to make a great deal of money if they made an OS which was compatible with every device and application

You don't know what you are talking about

just buy a console, you get a good OS on your PC + video games.

>buy a console
surely there are less expensive ways to wean manbabies off gaymen

>$200 is expensive for a games + video player

Linux is a great filter that automatically shields you from the tons of trash gaymes and leave only decent ones. You'll understand iwhen you'll grow up.

Dual boot whit a Linux OS will do the trick

t. a poster on a korean comicbook chatroom

:^)

>gay men

Fpbp

/thread

>playing games... ever

get a console and your problem is gone

Time to learn about PCIe passthrough

just emulate retro games - if there's something you really want, just dual boot

Why the fuck do animators never draw a normal looking keyboard?

Virtualize it you faggot, ever heard of PCI passthrough?

Actually, through my testing I found out that VR performance is extremely lackluster compared to giving windows the hardware at a bare-metal level. VR just doesn't want to work on a Windows 10 VM without stuttering all over the god damn place. :(

>calling virtual machines virtual reality
I'm just going to assume that you didn't set up PCIe passthrough. Do it right this time.

kek nevermind, I'm half awake. How is VR? Is there anything worth getting it yet?

No, I passed through USB controllers, my GPU, and all 8 cores to my VM for playing VR games. Performance is lackluster.

If you were going to spend any money, the vive is the best for your shekels. Cross-compatibility (rift games work for the most part, use Revive), better headset/software backing it, better tracking.. It's slowly becoming less of a gimmick and more of a tool. Sorta, but not really. I'd wait until the vive controllers (that are supposedly rivalling the oculus touch controllers) to come out before spending any of your hard earned NEETbucks on it.

Are you stupid?
Use only virtio disks (best if you give it raw disk(s) instead of image files), use (virtio?) bridge networking, USB pass through a different mouse because the emulated one is shit, use static huge pages (don't say you don't have 16GB of memory?), increase core count (but not socket, because winblows won't use more than 2) and pin the vCPU:s (at least 4 threads needed by some modern games). Switch Linux to "performance" cpu clock governor. That should get it very near native but it requires you to manually install drivers in Windows.

ITT: linuxfags are mad because they have no gaems

>dont want to use wangblows
>idiots still suggest running it but in a vm
just use wine if theres games that really are worth playinf but have no linux port (rare)

Yeah Wine totally has 100% compatibility

>t. a Sup Forums manchild

But these keyboards do exist: qwerkywriter.com/

Personally, going to get vr the moment a headset comes out that doesn't have focusing issues on text just so I can replace a 1080p monitor with 4 virtual 4k monitors in 2X2 setup, may actually buy 4 gpus just to get all the virtual monitors I can for it so everywhere I look in a 180 degree hemisphere is all workable window space.

dual boot you mongol

>tfw have Windows and all the games
>tfw games are boring