/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Come for the answers, stay for the friendly conversation!

Rec me a Native 720 and up projector that can display at 24 Hz.

if you want to get a movie feel then you need a 48hz projector because on movies each frame is actually shown twice

I'm a heavy sleeper and the concurrent alarms of my 2 phones can't wake me up.
I also work in IT so overtimes are expected (like I sometimes go home by 11pm) and needs to be at work before 8am.
How can I train myself to have a body clock so I can wake up by ~5am?
I am already drinking lots of water before going to bed and just this morning I only woke up just after the last snooze of my alarm (50 mins after alarm starts)
This is serious business, btw.

If my laptop is always charging, even when it's full and I'm not using it, will it actually kill the battery or is this just a meme?

reposting
I made a mistake and used Driver pack solution to install drivers on my OS, now the damned thing snuck some shady files (which I deleted) and made window to run cmd and initiate installation of said deleted files.
What can I do to stop this shit? Thanks in advance

I have no fucking clue what I'm doing and it seems like it should be so goddamn simple but it's not.

What I'm trying to do is just put a file on an sd card in kubuntu, but permissions bullshit is fucking my angus. So I logged in as the non-admin user and downloaded a file, so that file is currently in root/home/user/downloads. But it says I don't have permissions to view or do anything with the SD card (it's mounted but I can't access it). So I tried sudo nautilus but it said I wasn't part of the sudoers. I gave up here and just logged in as admin now it says I don't have the permission to do anything with the file I downloaded.

So two parts here, one how do I get my non-admin account to be able to access SD cards, and two how do I view files of other users as admin?

You should buy an actual alarm clock. I have one from the 90s. If I turn it all the way to full volume it emits a scream I could hear from my neighbor's kitchen.

To add yourself as a sudoer:
First, run the command visudo as root. Find the line that says root ALL=(ALL) ALL. Under that, add the line user ALL=(ALL) ALL.

As for your other question, what procedure are you taking to mount the SD card?

Most of my media is ay 24 Hz doe.

If you have real speakers, like the kind with woofers and tweeters, you can schedule stuff to be played through them. Or wire a cheap alarm clock or an Arduino or something to some machinery, like a blender filled with steel shot, or AC powered clit stimulator coupled to your bed.

Clean install, you're infected
Dont be retarded this time

The greatest gift in life is the capacity to start again.

You actually need 72Hz, because film reels actually show 3 frames per shot frame, where 2 frames are placed between each "real" frame, with the extra frames being a combination of the frames either side, to varying degrees.

You actually need 240Hz so that each frame can fully display its 10 "moods"

Looking to get a new laptop. What is the difference between paying the manufacturer $70 for Windows 10 or buying disks off amazon for $110?

One method you waste $110 and one method you waste $70

I could be wrong but I would assume the manufacturer gets a discount, where as the amazon seller is selling it for the full price.

So I can't use the disks for multiple systems?

You are guaranteed tons of bloatware if you let the manufactuer install it.

By default the battery stop's charging when it reaches 100% and doesn't start charging if it is above 95%. If you want to preserve it more you can change these settings so it doesn't charge above 50%. Unplugging or removing the battery is worse or equivalent to leaving it in the default settings.

Oh I hate it has to come to this
Alright, reinstalling OS it is, then. At least I haven't migrated everything from my old OS

Ok, i came to terms with the fact that my Radeon RX480 doesn't work as I intended, especially on Linux.
Neither on Linux nor on Windows it increases my render-speed for Blender either, which was actually the main reason why I got it.
Now I'm thinking of returning it to the store and getting my €270 back.
Only problem is: the only GeForce cards I can get for that price are horribly less powerful. The closest thing would be the 1060 and even that is slightly worse and slightly more expensive.
Serious question: is it worth it?
Does Radeon pay off in any respect?
Is there any upside to this? or am I just wasting betting on the Open Software Hype around Open Software?

I dont want to primarily game on Linux, I use it mostly for Video- Photo-Editing and other productivy, but not being able to quickly play a round or two of Rocket League kinda takes the wind out of my sails.

>amd gpu
>linux
Pick one. As of the current state, you are using a hollow driver.

>fresh install of Windows + bloat
>reinstall Windows right when you get it

>"AMD must be good for Linux because they're not evil businessman" meme

Is it priority to use Linux? If it is, you will be better off buying a GeForce. If you are willing to work in Windows, don't switch.

If you buy with windows pre-installed, your windows is tied to that motherboard forever

>wagecucks need to be up at 5, where glorious faithful NEETs are able to contribute to TempleOS at any time of the day.

I just tried 24/48/72 Hz on my monitor,

48Hz is much smoother than 72Hz with a 23.976fps video.

24Hz didn't even work properly ( I tried a bunch of timings), although it may work on a 720p projector, as the LCD technology is quite different.
I would recommend trying to find a 60Hz 720p projector that will run at 48Hz.

Any further advice re: phone repair?

Ty

Don't all copies of Windows make a hardware fingerprint when you activate it?

I'm guessing heat guns, plastic spudgers, and tiny screwdrivers.

Try connecting an alarm to flashing lights and electroshock exercise units.

>unplugging the battery and using 100-0% is worse than using software to constantly do 100-50-100-50-100-50%

My computer is constantly experiencing blue screens and I managed to save a couple of the minidumps on my external.

Which website is a good place to upload my minidumps and allow others to view them for help?

Here is an example of the stuff I am experiencing.

I mean you can't download your copy of Windows off of a Windows PC to install onto another one right? Is that what you're suggesting people do?

Switch to 10

gross.

It's kind of inevitable at this point though.

It's time to reformat.

No, you're able to transfer your copy of windows if you buy it instead of getting it preinstalled. The restriction is also included with the free upgrade that microsoft offered.

Will this really fix the problem though?

Yeah you'll just get some :('s with your constant blue screens now
With 10, a blue screen of death isn't even a problem anymore, it's just normal operation
Much better

Transfer it off of one computer and onto another though? That would be the only way to move an OS off your laptop without using a differently licensed copy

I fell for a stupid trick

Basically, I opened a fake email from PayPal claiming a transaction was recently denied. It asked me to d/l a pdf with the reason, which I did. Turns out when I clicked it it was a .scr file (script). What damage did I do? Phone seems to be running fine

This was on my Android phone btw

I have no idea what the very specific problem with your computer is, or what it is related to, so I'm afraid I can't answer that. Sorry.

I don't open any emails from paypal

What should I do in Minneapolis with the bf Monday?

How come pizza is seen as like the quintessential delivery food? I know other places deliver but it seems like pizza places are far more likely to do delivery than, say, a burger place.

Is there something about pizzas that make the logistics of delivering them easier? Or is it just kind of a marketing/demographic thing where there's not enough demand for having someone bring burgers to your door? (Though I have often lamented when I was younger and a poor college student without a car how few places did delivery and would have definitely made use of such a service if it existed.)

Did anything else happen when you ran the .scr? It's safe to assume Pajeet is spying on you now.

Convince macfags at Starbucks to install gentoo
I would assume it's because too many people would order a burger, or a single drink, or just fries and have it delivered
With pizza at least you're buying a pizza, which is one of the single most profitable commercial foods there is

Install gentoo. Also get some pizza and talk about what you wan't to do in the future, and how you can solve any problems you guys have.

No, nothing at all, other than a quick flash screen of some sort

Should I nuke and start again? I hate reconfiguring everything

I know, but I was distracted with something else and totally fucked up

>convince someone running babyOS who probably has zero knowledge of computers to install neckbeardOS
Good luck

This man never had a relationship

>Nah bro, it's UNIX! It's like OSX 2.0!

Before doing that you could
A) Install the generic anti-viruses in the play store. I have no idea if they actually do anything helpful though, because I have never used them.
B) Install CCLEANER for android
C) See if you can view the contents of the script and what it does, undo that.

How do I ask a girl out?

Facebook.
If that doesn't work, text her
If that doesn't work, text her again, maybe she missed that last text

>B) Install CCLEANER for android

What should I do with that?

idk, but don't do it anywhere she's captive, like some kind of service post or an elevator at 4am. And be prepared to learn she has an exclusive bf already.

Someday he will have a beautiful waifu user
Click the run button, hope it does something useful

casually ask her in public, it makes it a lot harder for her to reject you

don't make it long winded or awkward, just "would you like to get coffee some time"

Are you saying couples can't communicate? I'm guessing you're hetero?

>If that doesn't work, text her again, maybe she missed that last text

this. if she doesn't respond it means she didn't get it. text her again till she does. girls, especially younger ones, take phone etiquette seriously

What if she screams rape when I ask her out? She might do that with my ugly face.

Thanks, am currently giving your suggestions a shot

Where can I get more effects for KDEnlive?

Reinstall.

This time use 3DP Net for network drivers and 3DP Chip to install the rest.

>ey bb u wan sum sugarfat w/ a lil bit o' cawfy init?
>srry i hav bf
>me too! :D

What if they respond wth "I don't drink coffee" and "I don't like movies"? They are generic enough responses to not seem rude, even in public.

>I don't drink coffee
"Then you can watch me drink coffee"

>I don't like movies
"Fuck you you fucking bitch" then run away

I'm an idiot Sup Forums please help.
If I got myself a grounded extension cord, plugged my shit in there (some of which NEED to be grounded), will the shit I plugged in be grounded as well or will I keep shocking myself?

I'm asking because if not then I will have to buy several adapters because I have 3 or 4 different plug types and their ground thing are completely fucking different so I need matching sockets.

Your dumps arent specific enough to point a problem right away.

Either do a system restore or reinstall.

Wanna do it the hard way?
Run in safe mode, uninstall Wifi drivers.
Run a system integrity test.
If you have any virtual drives/networks remove them.

Probably no, those emails are mostly designed for Windows.

Run Malwarebytes mobile.
Only be worried if your phone is rooted.
If its not you are completely fine and no need to go full paranoid on this.

>Yo lets go "x", i pay

>Wanna do it the hard way?
>Run in safe mode, uninstall Wifi drivers.
>Run a system integrity test.
>If you have any virtual drives/networks remove them.

I will give this a shot, I just dont have the bandwidth to reinstall everything I own over and over again. Why disable wifi drivers? Because vwifibus is involved?

Because vwifitflt but pretty much.

W7 ISO is 4GB, most programs you will need are 2-4GB.

We don't tolerate your kind here.

>Run Malwarebytes mobile.

Did, no malware found

>Only be worried if your phone is rooted.

People don't immediately root their phones as soon as they get them? I do

Are the menu (text, color, size etc) in any specific android rom specific to that rom or can they be changed heavily? Pic example

If it's a retail copy you're supposed to be able to de-activate it on one pc and activate on another. If it's OEM, which is what 90% of people buy, then it's against the TOS. However there's a good chance you would be able to do it with an OEM install if you claim your mobo fried and you're replacing it.

sorry for the late response

I just followed the instructions through the dolphin UI, it seemed straightforward but I suppose there is a proper terminal way to do it?

>those emails are mostly designed for Windows
How true is this? The normies are switching away from using pcs, and purely using phones for their electronic device. As this happens, malware developers are going to switch to primarily writing their stuff for phones. I can't comment on how much is currently made for phone operating systems, but it is definitely some.

Of the following, which will NOT ground the resulting electric connection?

A) A 1:1 extension cord which matches pins from source to exit
B) A surge strip
C) A UPS

(∀ :ɹǝʍsu∀

>Every coffee shop sells a non-coffee drink
>"I don't like movies" is more than an odd enough response to start a friendly conversation over
They're humans too, if they can't say no or even give you the courtesy to think of a good excuse, they deserve to get socially trapped by your conversation

>I pay
WORKS
EVERY
TIME

Do yall like my dnd carachter?

Ohh what gender is xhe?

Asking them out is the easy part. Making small talk is the hard part :(

How can I achieve optimal battery use on arch?

I'm sorry but as I mentioned I'm an idiot.
To make it simpler, I'm having troubles with pic related. I have sockets which I can plug this in just fine, but I get a hum on my amp once my guitar is connected.
I'm not completely sure yet if it's because my pickups aren't grounded properly or if it's simply because my amp isn't grounded so I'm just trying to rule out one thing here.

halp

I wouldn't let anyone pay on the first date because some people act entitled and shit when they do. A first date should be at a cafe, where you pay upfront, so you can leave at any time. Pick one near museums/historical sites/other activities in case it goes well.

I'm trying to get an installation of Kali on my laptop for a CTF competition so I could be a lazy fuck and not have to download a ton of tools, but it isn't booting from my usb and its not even throwing me an error just fucking nothing. I disabled quick boot and secure boot already so what could it be? Any sort of Ubuntu based distro boots fine.

does anyone know a way to get around omegle's captcha system

What is the best single-purpose eReader for side-loading pirates (who already own an Android tablet with stylus and shit battery for employment duties)

>get superliked on my dating botnet app
>decide to go straight to asking the person out
>meet at a place with two dollar signs on Google Maps
>doesn't make any conversation, stares at phone entire time, answers my questions with generic answers
>I end up paying still
feels bad man

Why is it that people can't just crack UEFI and boot anything they want? Is it really that much more secure than HDCP or WEP?