How did the Russians become so good at hacking?

How did the Russians become so good at hacking?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L24uocNbv0o
youtube.com/watch?v=74JGdmGzBeQ
youtube.com/watch?v=DfBg4bODrPM
youtube.com/watch?v=nQy4LPT0_og
youtube.com/watch?v=us7-n7x3nPw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Probably got some good tips from Snowden

By not outsourcing everything to india and prioritising domestic prospects.

The russians are as good as hacking as they ever were.

Instead wonder why modern code is so vulnerable and full of holes

>prioritising domestic prospects

it gets boring over there

>ywn be Vladimir Putin

Russians are pretty good at programming.
Probably because schools and universities there have a strong emphasis on mathematics and IT.

boredom

you either fuck around the computer or you drink.

>by denying anything but domestic 'prospects' to their people

>The top leaders in the world right now is literally the biggest harem kings of our generation

im beginning to believe Sup Forumsacks are like /fit/tards, they think it's ok as long as they say no homo.

from a plane, with a bear as copilot

same way you get to Carnegie hall

They have literal K-12 tier schools meant for programming is what I heard in Sup Forums.

Kaspersky Lab

fuck
russian whores are so hot

The bitch in the middle is like my ex.
>Russians become so good at hacking
>implying you have to be a good hacker to get data from a tech illiterate idiot, like Hillary

they were good even before him..
hell even the chinese is better than usa
su bin was caught helping the chinese to hack the dod china eventually stole all the tech data of f22 f35 c17 and a unspecified in development new aircraft and that was in 2014..

not really they got kaspersky head some days ago along with some fsb agents on being traitors

By living in a corrupted grimy commie block infested shithole which motivates you to either kill yourself or git gud and get scouted by a western tech company.

Because that's all there is to do in Russia. There are very few good product-based companies in Russia so all the CS grads end up pursuing Security hoping to get a job with the government.

Compare that to the USA, China and India where there a lot of product companies and IT sec is for retards who can't code.

I lika yor stye would youz be interested in expense all paid fishing trip? visit nocheekibreeki.rus

>How did the Russians become so good at hacking?
>this country has the best hacker
>no it's that country
It's retarded and anyone trying to justify his position is clearly misled by medias
EVERY tor-tier country has very good hacker. Saying russia has the best is purely propaganda.
Some are more proactive than others that's all there is to it.

Its fucking cold and boring as shit. Its the perfect place to stay indoors and learn to program. Also they don't really seem to punish hacking much as long as you don't shit where you sleep so its probably a lot easier to learn without getting v&.

Damn I knew American propaganda has to be influential but I never realized it was this bad. Kudos to them I guess.
>lul there is nothing to do in the country they only have snow and shit

A lot of practice, i guess.

There was that whole 40 year thing called the "cold war" where USA was scurred of USSR and USSR was scurred of USA.

USA likes to forget this like they like to forget they lost Vietnam but I digress.

This was excellent motivation for advancements in science and technology and emphasis on (applied) higher education.

When the cold war went away there were a number of engineers and mathematicians who were suddenly not employed by the state and went into private enterprise.

Around the time that America wouldn't do business with China for being communist.

I'll stop since it's Sup Forums and not Sup Forums

hmm, the tie was normal back then

I can't find this picture but it's one of those crazy soviet parades where they actually have a USSR computer in the parade showing it off as military hardware.

People do forget that USSR was competing with America and not imitating it.

Enjoy 1950 БЭCM

>stole
lol being given old tech so the company that produces said tech gets multi billion dollar cheques to produce new tech is not stealing user.

>password is literally password
>good at hacking

Чyвaк, зaчeм ты вepишь этoй хyйнe?

what exactly is old tech?

It is if you're a commie

Russians say: "To break is not to build".

Russians were never good at hacking until the Democrats lost.
When Democrats lost, all of a sudden an advanced Alien race landed in Russia, Skynet went online at the same time and allied with Russia, and an ancient evil also joined the fray; and all of these parties decided to gift Russia with hacking skills like never before seen in the history of the Universe,
all for the purpose of making Hillary Clitton lose her very fair election.

Most stay at home when possible, which means they sit at the computer all day.

There's no objetive to base claims that:

country X has the best hackers
country a has better hacker than b

And so on. What would be the metrics here? That's not how computer security works.

The beauty of compsec is that Rajesh has as much potential as a team of government sponsored professionals to wreck shit up. It's chaotic in nature.

You got the chronology of events wrong.
Hillary was very much in the race, possibly even leading when the hacks happened.

US practically destroyed the Iranian nuclear program with hacking. To say we suck at it is stupid. We just lack targets.

That was Israel.

stu was a very specialize virus for a very well hidden bug on a ericsson program

this wasnt at all a govermental hacking this was by design there...

>snow
>vodka
>krokodil
>shitty driving
>mafia
>liver failure
>gopniks
>kvas
And that's Russia

Generally Romania is where most of the viruses/worms and best reverse engineers are from, it's also why Crowdstrike has an office there now to recruit locally.

All countries have really good hackers but the significant difference with Romania is their education system is math heavy, due to it's communist past. Back when it was a commie dictatorship the regime there needed fleets of engineers in order to reverse western technology and produce it themselves for cheap, so STEM fields were very heavily pushed and as a result most kids have some access to STEM meaning that many more hackers.

But all of them of course end up moving to the US because that's where the money is, there's no money in Romania or anywhere else for hacking really. Even UK or Canada intel agencies pay sweet fuck all compared to NCC Group in Chicago who's always looking for cryptographers

You forgot

>Adidas

>Trust me, I watched all cold war-era Bond movies!

Stuxnet and FLAME were generally considered Israeli/NSA joint malware. There's been about a dozen more than that found by Kaspersky over the years some of it highly advanced like a custom DSL written binary, built using an interpreter who's sole job is to obfuscate what the binary is doing and took Kaspersky's team almost a year to figure out what it was doing.

It's a MSM meme you dip.

by having a bigger population and having a lot of influence in computers
t. American Hacker

Russia is half the population of USA

Actually Stuxnet wasn't found by Kaspersky. It was "white" hacker from Belarus, who after this accident only was recruited by Kaspersky lab

>by having a bigger population
t. retard

how can a mere human be so alpha?

There 2 main reasons. Firstly, there are still strong education programs with specialization on the math/physics which aren''t dilluted by sjw bullshit and give you exellent springboard for IT career especially in cybersecurity. Secondly, FSB/GRU effectively recruit smarts and perspecive hackers. If you are detained for cybercrime, they will offer you 2 options: prison or collaboration with them. Therefore, significant numbers of former hackers are working for FSB

Don't characterise Putin as human.

She literally had no chance in the Rustbelt the entire election. The only Democrat that could of won the Rustbelt was Jim Webb, and he dropped out extra early this cycle.
youtube.com/watch?v=L24uocNbv0o
youtube.com/watch?v=74JGdmGzBeQ
youtube.com/watch?v=DfBg4bODrPM
youtube.com/watch?v=nQy4LPT0_og
youtube.com/watch?v=us7-n7x3nPw

Prob cause the feds won't hire people who smoked weed before. (pretty much most of security industry smoked weed)

Russian Mafia.

If they catch wind that you are remotely good at programming or hacking, they will force you to work for them getting credit cards and making money via malware.

You either work for them or they break your legs. And then you still have to work for them.

you forgot making T-34 snowmen

Is this the average pol poster?

No, I haven't been to Sup Forums since the election.

Bad state of law enforcement, lots of corruption and criminal structures. That helps any sort of crime develop, including electronic criminality. People there were reasonably safe particularly when they targeted victims behind the borders (spam, frauds, ransomware, etc).

When some dude with a shit-tier malware managed to steal her e-mail password and exposed to the masses of lobotomized media zombies all the shady shit she had there and showed everyone how she was basically an amalgam of every bad thing that corrupt politicians are capable of doing, you mean?

The very fact that she had a personal e-mail server and used it for official business is a serious crime in itself. And then there was a shit load of proofs of corrupt deals in there and then she just DELETES ALL THAT PROOF AFTER A FEDERAL JUDGE ASKS FOR IT and NOTHING FUCKING HAPPENS TO HER.
I thought south american states were around the most corrupt there is, but the US made me review that, last election.

And the best part is that there are a lot of braindead people who really believe when that same government says BLAME THE GOMMUNISTS, trying to invoke the good old cold war era propaganda, and they start defending Hillary everywhere like drones.

now that's a sexy computer.

Зиc тpeд из фaкин нoнc.

кcaк тхe плaнeт

Хaкд ёp мaм B^)

What a fucking retard

й-йю тyy

They have no morals, i.e., they're probably hiring the best they can across the globe. it's hard to get deep into US government shit without a fully native extended family. At least that's today. In the recent past, the U.S.S.R as a whole had a big emphasis on sciences like chemistry, engineering, and computer science. That's where the east european/russian hacker thing comes from. Once the wall came down and those guy got a hold of real microcontrollers, RAM, and CPUs, they unleashed 30 years of pent up frustration with second world tech which had fallen behind.

WAY better schooling regarding computers.

Ayy lmao
These are selected talented people which are being nursed to win, they don't know shit outside Olympic programming.
You just cannot imagine, how bad our primary and secondary education is. And like ~5 Universities at most provide sufficient knowledge.

>computer science
Mostly applied math, cybernetics was banned for being "too bourgeois"
Not to mention all our computers were copied from ones of USA and Japan.

>You just cannot imagine, how bad our primary and secondary education is
This is similar for the US. Everything up to master's is basically just propaganda and not actually teaching anything useful.

Well, I actually can. Its not like you'd get education outside private schools. But your single Harward has, I believe, x35 more funding than our entire educational system.

>How did the Russians become so good at hacking?- 76 posts and 14 image replies shown.
They're not. They're no match for NSA or any other western intelligence team.

Media puffed them up to suit their globalist agenda and make them into a boogeyman.

See the trick is to use correct spelling when you send an email to some politician who uses the password "password"
That will fool him into clicking on the link you provide and make him type it in, should it be harder to guess.

It is a really hard skill.

well yea. Like i read east germany made calculators and electronic typerwriters. Of course they couldn't import anything so they had to make everything there. That kind of thing breeds interest and local talent. The opposite of brain drain. We know how it turned out but the first 10-20 years there was a big surge of people entering scientific fields to figure out how to create and manufacture technology in the U.S.S.R to compete with the west.

I know the yuri and ivan slav squat vodka shit is funny but a lot of very smart people were in the ussr.

now there's some mythical "russian hacker" meme

They get by with a little help from a friend

he looks so happy

Jesus how insecure is this guy that he can't even allow himself to smile for a selfie because it would break his macho image.

Just look at the face he's making, he's trying to look friendly and strict at the same time

You don't have to be good at hacking since USA's cybersecurity is generally awful.

Based Vlad.

There's a reason aionescu left crowdstrike, a lot of the people there aren't actually very good, there's a select bunch like him that made falcon actually relevant

What if you are female hacker?

What if the mysterious hacker known as Sup Forums is actually russia ?!?!?!?!

Nothing different. You either work for them or else you or someone you love gets hurt.

There was a pretty good talk at the 2015 B-Sides DC convention that explained it. The Russian Mafia is ruthless.

Amerifats are at an enormous disadvantage.
They use windows.

Russians use ZverCD windows XP.

>How did the Russians become so good at hacking?
How did Americans get to be so bad at security?
Why do mission-critical infrastructure installations need to be on the internet?
In years past companies amd governments had their own private networks. Not on the internet; on their own copper and equipment.

>what exactly is old tech?
When it comes to stuff like that? Anything you have seen mentioned in the news or seen a decent photo of.

According to the news she was very much guaranteed to win until a good chunk of the votes were counted and reported. Watching Time's probability model slowly drag it's ass from like 80% Hillary to 95% Trump while the news stuck its head in the sand was pretty entertaining and I don't even vote.

And yet it still can't compete in programming competitions. Makes you scratch your head a little.

Programming competitions are useless, literally at no point in your software development career would you do any of that shit.

>t. never participated in a programming competition
Many of the problems have applications in real world programming projects. It also helps that there are computation limits, so you need to be able to write efficient code. If you don't think that the top contestants are going to be better than 99.99% of programmers for real world projects then you're fucking retarded.

Competing in such competitions is dickwaving for a state (and dickwaving is a long tradition for Russia, especially in the most grim times) and a good fortune for those who participate (but only if they are not obligated to serve for the state after they achieve what they are taught with state money).
t. Russian

Also, spotted a fucking lefty.

Continuing Harvard does not have to:
1) show off its dick;
2) provide its students with opportunities since if they are there, they were born in a right place in a right time.

Now kys, cuck.