Why are all the small ITX so expensive relative to larger and bulkier ones when they're built with the exact same...

Why are all the small ITX so expensive relative to larger and bulkier ones when they're built with the exact same materials?

I know that "independent" cases like NCase and Dan Cases cost extra because of they're kickstarter projects with custom designs, but why can't an established company mass-manufacture cases in the same form factor and undercut their prices, now that it's been demonstrated that the market exists?

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100007629 600008642 600009028
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This one is milled anodized aluminum so its expensive. The cheaper ones are normally plastic. If you look at metal big cases they are even more expensive with prices up to $900.

It all comes down to sales volume. SFF cases are still a niche, and sell only a fraction of full size cases. If you know you can sell 100,000 units, your cost per unit is much lower than it is if you can only sell one or two thousand. The physical size of the case or the amount of material used is a relatively minor contributor to cost.

It's really the cost of tooling that's the issue. For either injection molding (for plastic) or die stamping (for steel or aluminum), the tooling costs can range from tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars for one case. That's not feasible for most indie projects, and may not be even for a larger company that isn't sure if they can sell enough to recoup the investment.

On the other hand, it IS possible to make cases without having to invest anything in tooling, at least with metal - by using laser cutting, NCT (Numerically Controlled Turret AKA Turret Punch Press), and manually-assisted bending with press brakes. Most indie cases use some combination of these processes, and in fact Lian Li makes most of their cases this way. However, since each case requires more machine time and human labor, higher volumes don't drop the cost per unit as it does with die stamping/injection molding.

Which makes sense considering the OEM of the M1 (and the dancase too?) us Liam Li.

Is Lian Li*

Fuck autocorrect.

Right.

Whenever there's a soda can used for scale I immediately think of big dildos

Shameful

Can that even fit in a woman?

You meant in a "woman" ?

You must be new to the internet

>Can that even fit in a woman?
You are aware that women push babies out of them selves, right? Of course that little thing can fit.

The body prepares itself for childbirth though.

Certain orifices can be stretched, to the point that a whole arm can fit up to the elbow.

so it is for women who just gave birth and want to put a baby sized dildo in her just to relive the joy of giving birth?
I don't think that market is that huge.
It is more likely people buy them as a funny present.

Why would you want to shove something up your orifice(s) to begin with?

>The body prepares itself for childbirth though.

The female body also prepare it self for sex. The vaginal canal can accommodate almost anything if the lady is sufficiently aroused. And most women enjoy the feeling of being "streched".

Physiology is technology btw.

Because muh exclusivity.

I was thinking of going ITX but when I realized it would cost $200+ over an equivalent (m)ATX build I didn't look back.

This

Paying more for less is retarded.

I went the mini-its way and build a sexy as fuck workstation with 16GB ECC ram, a full size GPU and everything inside a small snazzy case.

Then I started hitting the 16GB ceiling when working with scan data. My MB could not handle more than 16GB RAM.

Now I have a SSE-EBB dual socket xeon workstation with 16 ram slots in an open air frame. I'm never going back.

Most mini ITX boards these days support up to 32GB.

32GB would be the bare minimum for me, but I like to be able to upgrade.

Most DD owners are male Linux users

I have 64GB in my Ncase x99 build right now. As long as you don't need 2400Mhz+ speeds it's fine. Was super cheap too, only $200 for the two Samsung sticks.

There's also mITX server boards that will support 128GB now. RAM limitations is a non-issue.

Can that even fit into a girl (male)?

>There's also mITX server boards that will support 128GB now. RAM limitations is a non-issue.

Link? ECC is a requirement for me so that would be pretty nice.

Yeah, but not the vagina, you fucking virgin.

get out of this site before its too late

I`ve seen some bald dude stick half of his head in a vagina.

my silverstone itx case was $40. if you dig past the meme kickstarter cases you can find affordable stuff

M393A4K40BB0-CPB0Q

Prices seem to have gone way up though. Not sure why.

Oh wait sorry you wanted the mITX boards. That's really easy too look up yourself you know

newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100007629 600008642 600009028

> USD 899,-

xeon d is a damn powerful cpu

First time looking at server class motherboards?

Yeah, me too.
Weird shit.