What music player do you use?

What's a good, Sup Forums approved music player?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nA1tLxfdif4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Windows Media Player

winamp
it just werks

MusicBee

I've been given zero reason to use anything else.

mpd + ncmpcpp/mpdroid. Comfy to have a music server senpai

Spotify because it's 2017

mocp

Get cmus already

foobar

mpd + mpc + ncmpcpp

What's so good about Foobar?

foobar2000

em pee dee plus en cee em pee cee pee pee

Why do people have to cuck up their music players so much? The fuck you need to see a band's entire discography and SKU numbers in a player for? I want something that I can just drag and drop an mp3 onto that doesn't start downloading the history of the genre of music related in the background. I'm surprised the data that's downloaded doesn't include reviews on how it felt to unwrap the album from the plastic wrapping, or that people aren't attaching photos of their receipts.

But on the other side of the fence, why do people need their music players to look like they were shit out of some hipster faggot who only ever uses a play and stop button? Asthetics? How about something that doesn't use simplistic apple shit for inspiration for once? Something that wasn't designed by some liberal arts failure who created a player skin that reflects his shitty emotions and hope for the world.

Shit I think I forgot to take my meds again.

Don't kill yourself yet senpai, we're here for you

Only a few minor edits to default look which one can select from.

iTunes

AIMP is fucking sex desu
seriously

YouTube and Soundcloud. Beemp3 for radio. Honestly, i cant bother with downloading music anymore

VLC

Lollypop

People use things outside of itunes? That sounds so weird like why even bother?

I mean unless you're using some sort of inferior operating system that doesn't even have access to itunes, in that case I feel so bad for you.

this
no bullshit, just werks
remote control via phone? ssh+mocp. Done

> winamp is still whipping
Holy crap, is ICQ still alive too?

>is ICQ still alive too?
Well, AOL 4.0 was a year ago.

youtube.com/watch?v=nA1tLxfdif4

*two years

> forcing unfitting tags for your music
> not using a god-tier personal semantic structure
literal pleb

>he doesn't use mocp
>laughing_girls.jpg

Only good answer

I agree with you. I just want my music player to play music and display album covers, is it so much to fucking ask?

just setup your foobar as you like and stop whining

the only issue I have about that player is that it sucks at online radio playlists (can't rename shit, can't see what's playing)

sup fagz

autism: copyright 2017

Clementine

foobar

>96KHz
>100MB per file
Placebo rips detected, analog bloat...

Groove. Win10 apps are actually good and drain less battery juice.

not bad desu

> all these alien spaceship dashboards
also how can you tolerate light text on a dark background?

>I've been given zero reason to use anything else.
not FLOSS software

>> all these alien spaceship dashboards
post your music player then

i dont really care about the file size since i got that hdd for free

Unemployed Sup Forumsedditors feel productive when there's something busy on their screens 100% of the time.

Same for archishitters that somehow always have a visualizer open.

You are forgiven, i guess.

Winamp of course

>Vinyls

Fuck you

youtube

I use winamp cause I like the nostalgia.

Foobar is the best option mainly for the plugins. They're all pretty much the same in the end though.

ICQ is still used in russia. ICQ sold to a russian company years ago. Probably so the feds in russia can spy on the users.

this

i am from russia though, and i have yet to see a single icq user

the last of them died from cancer in 2008 or so

>ICQ sold to a russian company years ago. Probably so the feds in russia can spy on the users.
it's just because the parent company didn't care about this bloated crap nobody used anymore, also spying was nonexistent before 2012.

the same happened to livejournal, which somehow turned from a dead blogging platform for 15yo girls to a political tribune in russia (and stagnated and died afterwards)

don't take your msm newsfeed too close

forever bound to drift
in the void

Winamp was cool in the early 2000's (it really whips the llama's ass), but now I'll forever use Goober2000

I'm using MPD at the moment, but I have a bit of a desire to switch away from it.

try another client first

No one forces you to do anything.
Also I don't care about some personal anti-semetic shit you NAZI

Not a client issue. In fact, I quite like the client.

But I'm running on macOS and the CoreAudio output plugin is terrible. It's extremely prone to audio skipping and the massive CPU spike opening a link in Chromium might cause it to skip. And I am not exactly looking forwards to any sort of fixes, since macOS is not a supported platform for MPD with a massive of 0 developers helping to maintain it.

Don't you have an Apple store to sleep in front of somewhere?

>>/out/

run mpd on your server then, and use the client to connect.

And do what, switch my DAC between a Raspberry Pi and my desktop tower depending on what source I want to listen to?

mpd daemon can stream audio to the client

Well, that just turns my audio stack into a complex mess.

I have music files on my desktop tower.
Which would then be read over the network by a server, a Raspberry Pi most likely.
The server would then turn the music files on another machine into a stream.
Which would be then be sent over the network to my desktop.
And my desktop would take a stream and then output it to my DAC.
Which obviously requires me to have a client on the desktop to do that.
So I need a client to output audio with the CoreAudio APIs that doesn't suck like the MPD CoreAudio output.

my niggas

iTunes

I listen to my fart.

bump for spotify fucking poortards

Google Play Music is better than Spotify and works well on my phone too

Do you use Edge too?

Would you recommend me iTunes if I don't like MacOS and I don't have an iPhone?

foobar is nice

Still rockin' Winamp like it's 2003. No other music player has both form and functionality.

winamp of course

>Google Play Music
If only it wasn't so fucking pigfat.

i know this bosom from somewhere

Probably not, the only reason I use it is because it's so well integrated with MacOS and Apple Music.

Windows
Media
Player

Cmus

but I just setup my music on a centralized home server so I also run mpd if Im on the road

I'm using audacious right now but is there something similar to the iTunes mini player? Which is just a window of the album artwork that has controls if you mouse over it. I usually have my player running on my second monitor.

them some nice looking assault rifles

mpd+ncmpcpp on GNU/Linux
foobar on windows

/thread

Sorry, didn't see you there.
/thread

Rhythmbox.

Huh? The news doesn't pay attention to ICQ and LiveJournal. The internet was barely mentioned in the news in America before Facebook made it super popular for normies to go online. And internet spying has been around before 2012, don't be retarded. You think an intelligence agency just gonna ignore the internet?

Lollypop

Never had a reason to use something other than winamp for straight listening(I use foobar for converting.) It's always been a god-tier UI - simple, small, friendly as fuck.

I don't think they've ever fixed the max file extensions problem though. With all the weird plugins I have, if I used it for video as well as audio, there'd be problems.

Sayonara is pretty fucking good

Winamp

I actually reconnected with an old friend from elementary when I found some backups which included my old ICQ password and UIN that I completely forgot. Was surprised to find that a lot of old friends still use ICQ too.

Is that heart part of ratings or something else?

You people should also mention how big your libraries are, how often you add items and if you edit them with your music player or an external program like mp3tag. Looks alone aren't a reason.

A lot of people started using things like Trillian after awhile, that folded most of the popular IMs into one program. There wasn't much drawback to stay on something, when you can stay on everything else at the same time too with no fuss.

Fucking everybody had to have their own service.

> RTJ3
My man

How do you add SoundCloud podcasts ?

VLC

VLC

I use:

Foobar2k on WIN7

itunes on mac OS

DeadBeef on Linex jeenu