Macbook Pro 2017

So would buy you buy it Sup Forums if the refreshed Macbook Pro has 32 gb of 2133 mhz ram, and Kaby Lake?

Other urls found in this thread:

9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If they also sorted out the screen issues and thunderbolt 3 bus issues, sure.

No, since it will cost about 5000 dollars for that.
No one actually thinks Macs are shit, they are just shit value.
That being said, the 2016 version of the Pro is horrible even for Apple standards.
For me personally, they need to fix
>lack of port variety (I need atleast microHDMI or SD card reader and more thunderbolts)
>fix the keyboard(silence and good feel)
>reasonable GPU (460 ? come on)
>fix issues with internet and usb ports
>stop sacrificing stuff for an even thinner build (you are already at a limit at which the normal customer can't tell the difference anymore, even if he tried)

What they should retain:
>retina display
>touchbar(Sup Forums be hatin', but it is useful and aesthetic)
>thunderbolt
>touchpad
>case design

OS is kind of a love it or hate it situation, so i won't get up in arms about that.

9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o

>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws

howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
>it's 2017 and moving files around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

>buys chink shit
>why doesnt it work
>blame apple

lol have you ever seen someone on linux that use a docking station or other non-basic peripheral? you people are straight up plebian.

>No one actually thinks Macs are shit, they are just shit value.

Except for all the shitty things you then went on to enumerate. What they really need to "fix" is to untie their OS from their hardware.

>this kills the company

Maybe. But my problem with Apple has never been bad design or even a bad OS (though it's not my cup of tea). It's the lack of choice they impose.

>lack of choice is good for the average dumb consumer

So I do indeed recommend Macs to idiots with more money than sense. But for that exact reason I can't respect anyone that works in tech or calls themselves a tech/nerd/geek/etc and yet owns a Mac and/or iPhone.

Plus the hypocrisy of their corporate branding. They're "all about individuality." Fuck them. At least M$ is honest if hamfisted about locking you into an ecosystem.

BTW - As a side note to all my Apple-hating brethren: As much as it hurts, recommend Apple products to every single annoying aunt, cousin, co-worker, or parent that constantly bugs you for computer advice and fixes. After they buy one then you simply say

>oh, sorry.. I don't know anything about [Apple product]
>just take it to the "genius" bar

I've done this for the last couple of years, and it's lowered my social stress level a huge amount by not having to do unpaid tech support for morons.

Maybe, they would also have to fix the keyboard.

BRING BACK THE LIGHT UP APPLE LOGO AND MAG SAFE
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

100% honesty here: nope

macs have a dying market share which is lethal to the work I do that includes CAD/3D modelling software. Sorry but in real life macs aren't very useful for those who have real jobs.

That's what I'm waiting for
Well don't need the 32 gigs of ram (16 should be plenty for most laptop users)
I just want kabby lake to get rid of the TB3 issues

/thread

>College student with the brand new macbook overheating while running Windows with
>insert random design software

Makes me wonder what goes through their heads when they see a real workstation like a P40 thats doing 4x the work silently while they break out their 5lb cintiq and stress about the 3k they threw away.

And do what with it?browse the facebook and Sup Forums?

Nothing. After all they bought it with daddy's credit card.

If it also came with a real touchscreen, better keyboard, battery life, much better I/O, at least one replaceable part, the highest spec Kaby Lake laptop CPU and proper cooling all at the exact same $1000 pricetag, then I would buy it in a heartbeat
Too bad the entire rest of the laptop market beat them to it

I don't want the stupid touchbar. I don't want to constantly look down at my keyboard. I rarley look at my keyboard.

NO USEFUL PORTS

I just don't see how people are alright with this. If I'm buying a premium-priced laptop and I can't even plug in my mouse, monitor and external HDD without dongles then that's a fucking shitty ass product, period. Completely unacceptable yet people are so candid about this.

why would anyone need 32gb of ram in 2017?

>keyboard louder than WWII cricket

lol

no someone fucked up and it has shit battery life. i bought a top of the line one in 2014 and it still runs fine for what i need so i won't be upgrading anytime soon considering they are $3000-$3600 USD in my country.

A $300 ACER laptop has 2133 MHz RAM and Skylake right now. Also Kabylake should be optimized for 2400mhz not 2133.