Someone give me the rundown on 64 bit

Someone give me the rundown on 64 bit

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogdanov_affair
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

64 bits is 2 times faster than 32 bits

it unlocks 4gb+

does little else, desu. very little else, because nothing is optimized for it. you'll never see performance gains other than that.

Who are these guys and why do I keep seeing them posted around Sup Forums?

It does lower performance on old systems because the binary files of the entire system are much larger, e.g. on a 2GB PC with an old HDD it might be faster to go 32bit Windows.

But 64bit is always compiled with SSE instructions so all other systems can have minor benefits at all times.

(This is because there is no amd64 processor without SSE).

just SIMD my matrix up family

take the bogpill, user.

32 bit can only address 2^32 locations in memory directly, whereas 64 bit can access 2^64 locations. No, we wont need 128 bit architecture, not for a while anyway

You still butthurt Windows 10 is 64 bit only, and doesn't run like melted butter on ypur 15 year old toaster,?

we already have a few 128 bit registers in most CPUs.

Not that address size is even a problem... The intel 8080 used 2 8 bit registers to serve as a 16 bit address

Here's the quick rundown:
>rothschilds bow to x86_64
>in contact with over 4GB of aliens
>rumoured to possess parallel floating point processing abilities
>france runs on a 64-bit z/Architecture mainframe
>Intel owns castles and banks all over the world, all of them built on 64-bit technology
>x86_64 is the last direct descendant of the ancient royal blood line
>will bankroll the first ARM64 powered cities on Mars (Applegrad will be be the first city)
>basically every DNA editing research facility on Earth needs at least 32GB of RAM
>first designer babies will be Intel(R) 64 Babies
>the new Intel chips are said to have 200+ IQ
>ancient Indian scriptures tell of at least two 64-bit architectures who will descend upon the Earth and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with them
>there's an Apple ARM64 chip out there that owns Nanobot R&D labs around the world
>You likely have a 64-bit CPU inside you right now
>Apple is in regular communication with the Archangels Michael and Gabriel, forwarding God's personal chip designs to TSMC
>the 64-bit system-on-chip in your iPhone 7 can learn fluent French in under a week
>Nation states entrust their gold reserves to z/Architecture mainframes. There's no gold in Ft. Knox, only Ft. IBM
>x86_64 is 67 years old, from the space-time reference point of the base 32-bit CPU
>In reality, 64-bit chips are timeless superintelligences existing in all points of time and space from the AMD bang to the end of the universe
>Apple's upcoming A10 system-on-chip will guide humanity into a new age of wisdom, peace and love

kek'd and check'd

>using 64bit
i shiggy diggy

Want a quick rundown?

>using ubuntu straya edition
i shiggity diggeridoo

Underrated

Not him but Windows 10 has a 32 bit version, retard.

that's some next level meme forcing. Take your fake meme back to Sup Forumsddit

>Sup Forumsddit
i love how even lefties who browse Sup Forums get triggered because of Sup Forums

Some literal pajeet was spamming this 32 bit thing the last few weeks. He is super mad 32 bit stuff is going away. He bitched quite a bit about 64bit w10. Yes, I spend too much time here.

200 percent woke.png

They just can't get over it. Everything is /pol to them, and all they talk about is /pol. Its wierd, ya know?

Two french twins who used to host some Scifi show and in the late90s/early 2000s did a little test to see how the scientific community publishes "peer reviewed" papers. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogdanov_affair

They also fucked up their faces.

Isn't Sup Forums the most trafficked board now?

they're essentially nu/b/ now

Long

The bitness itself does very little. It makes addressing large RAM simpler and increases precision in word length computation. The performance boost came from an increased number of CPU registers which compilers can make use of.

My shitty laptop could emulate your PC at full speed while rendering three videos in 1080p. How do you even run a modern browser on that?

Hello, femanon

The processor can handle 64bit words.

I'm pretty conservative and browse Sup Forums way too much, but the bogpill shit is being forced very hard on Sup Forums and obviously by just one or two guys, and I'm pretty sure it originated on reddid

Do you really need to do that though ? What can my computer not do that yours can that you actually need ?

whats that bogpill shit about anyways? that peer reviewed papers aren't peer reviewed and their approval is paid by corporations or some shit? or is it about just posting their ugly deformed faces?
Sup Forums always falls for stupid shit or thinks the most basic day to day real world stuff is some super conspiracy

>little test
i think youre thinking of sokal?
what i understood is that they scammed their way to phd's in theoretical physics. It does shine a light on the peer review process, but i was under the impression they basically paid for theoretical physics phd's

>Windows 10 is 64 bit only

Except it isn't, shit for brains. Kill yourself.