NVIDIA launches Quadro GP100 with 16GB HBM2

wccftech.com/nvidia-pascal-quadro-gp100-16-gb-hbm2-nvlink/

anandtech.com/show/11102/nvidia-announces-quadro-gp100

tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-workstation-quadro-pascal-grahpics,33584.html

AMD can't competent.

dat RAM fast as fuck

The prices are just outrageous though. Nvidia probably couldn't get away with this if ATI/AMD hadn't been so utterly incompetent in the DCC/CAD market for so many years.

Who fucking cares.

>AMD releases hbm cards
>OH MY GOD YES HBM THE BEST EVER NVIDIOTS
>Nvidia releases fastest HBM2 card
>lol who cares

>The chip features 720 GB/s bandwidth
yep
I bet 6K

I'm actually low key a richfag and I could afford this.

Would this be a better gpu than a consumer grade high end going like Titan x?

graphic design cards for gaming, top kek

>consumer grade
It's a 'pro' 1:2 FP64 card unlike the GP102 (quadro p6000/titan xp) so we don't know.

Shit's cash. I'm with it bro.

4k 60 fps on a low optimised game. Sounds good, very good. I have a gtx 1080 and it gets all up in my ass when it can't eveb reach 50fps in some 4k games on medium settings. It's a card for fruits

Yeah why not just get this $10K workstation card to replace my $1K consumer card for 20% improvement.

of course they can't because there's no card to compete againist. vega will fuck it ten ways tho

But yo. It be the absolute best though. I know AMD ain't gonna have a card that can compete. From the looks of this, I see that quadro cards are worth it. Not getting 60 fps gets all up in my ass. You feel me?

this, 1080Ti when

yeah totally bro. actually why not get 4 of those fuckers and put them in SLI instead? Will be nice playing 4K at 144Hz on the 21:9 ultrawide curved G-sync monitor while AMDpoors slurp on shit.

Jesus fucking christ those SLI fingers.

NVLINK

If you're rich enough $2k to $10k is a trivial difference.

Quadro P6000 is faster for FP32, 3840 CUDA cores

Quadro GP100 is much faster for FP64, 5.3 TFLOPS FP64 double precision, 20 TFLOPS FP16 half precision, 3584 CUDA cores

Dat quadro

V-v-vega will make amd great again

Never

this

YES YESSSS FINALLY. AMD is what we needed. Somebody to scare the living crap out of Nvidia and Intel in order to force them to take out their aces.

I am sick and tired of having to work with outdated hardware when companies and the govermented are hogging super advanced tech as we speak. Hell, I bet they're hogging biological scientifical projects as we speak.

Some of these things not only are not for sale, but cost 20x times more than what it would cost in 10 years, despite the fact they already have the technology!!

God I wish for another winter war where Russia and USA get scared of each other just so they can push their A-game.

Becase apparently competition is the only thing that drives a person to stop holding back.

Time to upgrade my baby i think

>tfw dad works at nvidia and I can get a couple of these for free

would two of these be better than my SLI'd GTX 1080s for games like GTAV? would I need to buy some kind of beast motherboard and power supply to support it or do they have the same requirements as the 1080s?

Is the 1050 Ti the perfect poor fag mid gamer GPU? I am thinking of getting one when I get muh tax returns. MAGA

Quadros are actually 1080s/titans cars with a special driver support and ecc memory. You need those cards only if you are an engineer who need extreme precise calculation and high computing power. You are paying basically a huge premium in reliability but not actual performance increase.

What if.. someone would be buying these graphics cards for.. mining?

>quadro's
>Sup Forums
Autism: the post

Totally not gaming discussion.

Nah, GP100 is just GP102 with HBM2 and more FP64 capabilities. If you want to maximum meme it, get a Quadro P6000 because the Titan X has 256 shaders disabled. Full chip is 3840 shaders.

RX470 is, it's only about $20 more than the 1050 Ti and gives about 40% more performance.

AMD get your fucking shit together.

in minecraft?

Didn't AMD help create HBM? Either way, i'm liking this new found competition, user.

Why does this use the gopher?

would that extreme precise calculation fix the Z-fighting I get in all my games?

If Vega can't compete, then its another repeat of Bulldozer vs i-series for the next decade with 1-2% IPC gains

Decade of stagnation

so when is this coming to gaymers?

>4k 60 fps on a low optimised game
2016 sure was a good year for pc gamers

Probably not because games don't support the quadro drivers

Why are people so triggered by the notion of using a quadro for games?

They play them just fine and if this particular card is the most powerful on the market right now and you've got the money to burn there's no reason not to buy it to play games.

i always believed quadro didnt perform well for games because of design difference and purpose

They game just fine.

These are business cards, my company uses them, and the speed increase of pascal quadros saves so much time and money, the cards paid for themselves.

>$5,000

Not exaggerating

They don't perform well in function of their prices

You dont need 1/2 FP64 or 2x FP16 for shitty gaymes.
It triggers poor students working on neural nets.

That idiot doesn't no what he's talking about, don't ask him about anything

Some retards still live in the '90s and think Quadros are like the 3dlabs OGL accelerators of old that were generally terrible for games.

Others rightfully mock them for paying thousands of dollars out the ass for benefits their use case will never take advantage of

Partially this but mostly just underages who hear from linus that they aren't for games

Yes, but it's $20 more. For an AMD...

Since when AMD was worse value choice you giganigger?

fp64, no.
fp16, probably more-so in the future.

lots of low-precision shader parts can get by with half precision.
Nvidia tried to push this once (ca. 2003 with the FX 5800 DustBuster) but got slapped around since the uniformly 24b Radeon 9700 Pro was more efficient.

you think nvidia will gimp fp16 in geforce cards once neural networks becomes even more popular?

>amd fanboys
>not being cucks

1080 Ti.

costs $1500 AUD

The penguin didn't fly so god.