What does Sup Forums think of Fedora?

>inb4 le *tips fedora* maymay xDDD
>>>/9gag/
>>>/reddit/

Other urls found in this thread:

fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/Rawhide
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

*tips fedora*

You're a retard and a faggot. Can't you write a normal post?

I haven't used Fedora since 2008, it was alright then. Forgot what stopped working and made me switch.

It annoys the shit out of me because there's always something that doesn't work, as well as the newest freedesktop cancer.
The XFCE spin is decent, though.

It's not OpenSuse

Fedora is the only GNU/Linux distribution for me since I only arm myself with the highest quality equipment for the task at hand.

How much did Red Hat, Inc. pay you for this ad?

one of the best

*tips distro*

>facebook loge
Nice try Jewkerberg

>"maymay"
kill yourself

Please go back to 9gag.

>defending the use of the word "maymay"
kill yourself

*tips fedora* :^)

Seriously, they should just change the name at this point. I'll never use this distro because of this meme.

pic related

I tip my le distro at you my good sir xD

Fedora is just being Red Hat's bitch for free.

>using the smiley with a carat nose

Pros
>pretty up to date software
>easy install, good hardware compatibility
>sane defaults
>GNOME and KDE spins are much more solid than their ubuntu counterparts
>RPM for that maximum software compatibility

Cons
>Fedora 24 was riddled with bugs on release, 25 has been better though
>not the biggest repos
>not rolling release
>SystemD

I've used Fedora exclusively for a couple years and I really like it. If it were rolling release it would be perfect. One of these days I'll try openSUSE tumbleweed and see if the grass really is greener.
I'd reccomend it to anyonw who wants the ease of Ubuntu without any of its bullshit.
pic unrelated

>telling internet strangers to kill themselves on a chinese cartoon imageboard
need a hug user? I know OP is cancer but we can be civil here

what is your FUCKINg problem. I have had it up to HERE with your fucking autistic ass sperging out about a fucking character. Yes I used a fucking carat for a nose. It's been done since the 90s. You know, back when your mother was raped by your uncle to create you. Go kill yourself you fucking heap of shit. Your mother should have tried to abort you a second time after the first one failed.

>tried fedora live install cuz according to Sup Forums "it just werks"
>can't install mpv without enabling unofficial repositories or some shit
>rebooted my pc and installed arch instead

I'm happy for the users. Every bug they catch in the test branch is a bug I don't have to deal with on RHEL.

>>rebooted my pc and installed arch instead
>>can't install anything without enabling unofficial repositories
Yeah, I can see how the sudden lack of challenge feels underwhelming.

the fact that I can't install a common package like mpv from the get-go is a huge red flag for me

That's a pretty fucking stupid greentext story, really.

>m-muh AUR

Pretty much the only secure Linux-based distro.

The only thing better is QubesOS, but that is based on Fedora anyway

Where does one get such a mighty blade?

This

It's ideal for tipping.

>not rolling release
bro fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/Rawhide

fedora is a solid choice for workstations, easy install with anaconda guarantees your machine is up and ready within minutes.

package management with dnf is superior in many ways, especially the history feature

dnf history undo 74

I recommend the mate spin, since the gnome de is bundled with bloatware like gnome-accounts etc

You can remove most of the gnome-rubbish, and GNOME/KDE are the only options that come with Wayland, making them the only secure DE options.

Yep, only thing that comes close is openBSD

rawhide isn't made for normal use, though. it's for masochists and developers. even arch is more stable than rawhide.

I know but gnome-accounts is build as a dependency, as well as evolution services

Neither of these are ``bloatware'', they're core parts of the desktop. Users want a calendar and integration with the online accounts they choose to integrate, from IRC to Google Drive.

I don't want it != bloat

you can't define custom oauth services or remove existing ones, it's all hardcoded and therefore bloat

Fedora is Linux for adults that know what they're doing.

>I had to do one thing

newer nvidia cards have to have nomodeset enabled for it to even boot prior to driver install, but 16.10 Ubuntu gave me the same issue. Nouveau regression most likely. Other than that working like a champ for me right now. Dev Assistant is great as well.

Forgot image.

i don't get rawhide

isn't fedora pretty much RHEL unstable? so you'll get RHEL unstable unstable?