mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2228
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1902
mechboards.co.uk/shop/all/96-key-diy-kit/
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00W02J6W4/ref=psd_mlt_nbc_B00W02J4DA_b
wasdkeyboards.com/
amazon.com/Noppoo-84-Technology-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B0091Q34EI
deskthority.net/wiki/Converter
aliexpress.com/store/product/Tada68/2230037_32790922659.html
instructables.com/id/When-Cheery-Meet-Logitechdiy-a-Wireless-Mechanical/?ALLSTEPS
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Planning on buying KBParadise V80 soon. Anything I need to know about?

Is it possible to switch switches without unsoldering on your run-of-the-mill mechanical keyboard? Not that unsoldering is that difficult, but hey.

>Budget
Doesn't really matter, under $200 preferably.
>Location (continent at least)
Canada
>Preferred switch type
MX Clear or something similar
>Layout
>Form factor
40%
>Backlight
Prefer not, but doesn't really matter
>Previous/current keyboards
KBParadise V60 Olivette Mechanical Keyboard (Clear Cherry MX)

TOPRE ISO WHEN

NOT THAT JIS JAP SHIT

NEVER, ISO A SHIT, AM BRITBONG AND HAVE ACCEPTED MY ANSI FATE

no u

the amount of anal devastation a broken cable has caused you leads me to believe that in the event of an actual crisis, you'd probably just keel over and die on the spot, you massive fucking sperg.

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2228

I don't know of any other 40% boards you wont need to build yourself. And if you're fine with that, Planck, Atreus, JD40, JD45, MiniVan, Golbat, etc.

found pexon xddd

Romer G any good or should I stick to Cherry Reds?

Yes, but you will have to take apart every switch and replace stems and springs.

are Max Keyboard PBT Keycap Sets any good

purple a best

Cx

how to turn off ANNE PRO?

What's the consensus on gat blues?

using them right now, really good but some wobble

where's the tilde on a pok3r?

I would be okay with building if that can provide me with a better keyboard.

yo

If you have PCB mount then yes. If its plate mount then no, unless you have a custom plate

You mean like the sony keyboards

there are better keycaps, but If you absolutely need a custom set then go for it

there's a novatouch in iso

whats a good keyboard with light linear switches (cherry red, gateron red/clear)?

custom gh60 or maybe an ergodox with gateron clears.

i should have gotten this

those caps are ugly

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You should have. I'm looking forward to putting mine on this board once assdrop ships them

Is this kind of post better or worse than my kind of post, /mkg/?

The fact that you're even asking this question makes your post trash

both equally aids filled

>Budget
€60
>Location
Ireland
>Preferred switch type
Cherry mx blue - will settle for shittier, cheaper equivalent
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
60%
>Backlight
No preference
>Previous/current keyboards
POS laptop keyboard

Is the Anne PRO any good? I like my keyboards smell and cheap, preferably with arrow keys. The RGB lighting on the Anne is also pretty sweet. Other, much cheaper choice would be the Magicforce 68.
Thoughts, Mario Kart general?

RK61 or Magicforce 68. Maybe the Anne Pro if you can go up to around $80 USD.

that might be true, but his vengeance is certainly going to eventually be noticed at this rate. At a geological rate, but still.

Why is NKRO not available over USB usually? I've heard that some keyboards provide NKRO over USB by simulating a USB hub, are there any solutions other than that? If I just use a ps2 to USB converter, will NKRO still work? Are there any keyboards that require a driver to be used?

Yes. The build quality isn't amazing, but it's quite nice for the price, plus it has Gateron switches, RGB lighting and even Bluetooth, so you definitely get a lot of good extras in exchange for that.

Much more annoying because of this faggot's persistence, and how little he contributes to the thread

If i get an acrylic case for my GH60 does it mean i dont have to buy a plate anymore?

What do you mean by the build quality isn't amazing? Would the case break on me if it falls one too many times? Are the keys somewhat trash tier?
How do I go about mending this disadvantage, in any case?

The keys are pretty decent doubleshot PBT. It isn't really thicc PBT, but it's nice. Some people don't like the font, but that's subjective. The only main thing I guess is that the case is plastic and it isn't completely compatible with other common 60% cases, but it's not bad. There's a nice video review on the Banggood page if you want to see more of it.

Also, who the fuck drops their keyboard?

You dont need a plate of you want to PCB mount your switches

Best bezel-less full sized keyboard in the ANSI layout?

USB does support nkro and hardware interupt, but that costs money and really has no point since its just a keyboard. Nkro is a meme anyway since most rubber domes have 2kro and people game on them just fine. Also modifiers like ctrl, shift, and space don't count towards the limit and the way that the matrix is designed more then two keys can be pressed at a time. 6kro is plenty and even if your keyboard uses ps/2 that doesn't guarantee nkro. If you do want nkro there are active adapters but those can cost anywhere from 20-40 bucks depending on what you want

There will always be a bezel no matter what

I just wanted to stop in and say I really want an RS96.

I may have worded it wrong.

I'm talking about the type of the keyboard case where the bezel doesn't "extend" over the plate at the edges and covers the lower portion of the keycaps.
Kind of like here . I don't know the technical term for this.

Thats called floating keycaps. E-Element has some cheap ones that cost like 60 bucks on amazon

To answer your first question, because the HID USB thing only sends 8 pieces of information at a time. Two of those are used for system stuff, leaving six for keypresses - thus, 6KRO.

You could always build one yourself.

Please, please link me a kit and I will.

I find this image kind of sexual...

Why not get a knockoff?
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1902

mechboards.co.uk/shop/all/96-key-diy-kit/

None of the sites in the where to buy paste have a white pok3r with no backlighting and cherry mx reds.

Where do I buy one of these right now?

That is a completely different layout.

Fuckin thanks!

Did you even bother to check amazon?
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00W02J6W4/ref=psd_mlt_nbc_B00W02J4DA_b

Storeuni is doing a group buy right now with a 96-key option

No RS96 style case though, you got winkeyless style acrylic layer case, same but with alu top and bottom layers or a single-piece folded metal case+plate combo

>nkro is a meme
I'd rather be considered weak of mind than not be able to literally faceroll my opponents.

About those active adapters. Where can I find one? What do I search for?

Any opinions on the Cooler Master Quickfire XT or Rapid? Looks just like a Filco Majestitouch board?

A friend has both of these that he hasn't even taken out of the box and is selling them cheap.

Good basic boards

wasdkeyboards.com/ sells pok3r keyboards, you dolt. They are custom and they hide the name, but they are pok3rs.

If you really want to fall for the meme so badly then amazon sells some. Also if your keyboard doesn't support nkro by default an active adapter won't change that. You'ld need to build a converter

The new full size cooler masters are rebranded Filco keyboards

well, I already fell for the mechanical switch meme, may as well go all the way. What do I search for, "active ps2-to-usb adapter"?

Oh are they actually pokers?

Thanks user, for some reason all the Amazon sellers looked sketchy to me but this seems ok.

uh... wait. they're black.

You got a problem with black keyboards, user? Don't be racist now.

Well it is legit so if you want you can buy it from their site instead

First of all does your keyboard support nkro? What is it?

I'm considering my options. I will maybe buy a b.mini, which has nkro over ps2, 6kro USB. I would go for a nkro-over-usb keyboard if it also checked all the other boxes in my wish-list *and* had an easy way to switch to normal 6kro-usb in case of compatibility problems which I know exist. That is very unlikely, I understand.

why not get a choc mini since that has a similar layout and nkro
amazon.com/Noppoo-84-Technology-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B0091Q34EI

you'll need one of these
deskthority.net/wiki/Converter

1.-Hit-or-miss build quality. User reviews mention iffy behaviour a few months in; screw that.
2.-No floating key design. Full NKRO is pretty low on my list of desired features and my computer has ps2 anyway. I'm still interested in knowing as much as I can about nkro stuff, though, so pretend I didn't just say that.

Does the noppoo have some kind of switch to disable nkro? How does it deal with OSs that can't handle it?

much obliged. Do you know if the nkro carries over through these converters?

>How does it deal with OSs that can't handle it?
there is a work around in which you plug the keyboard into a passive USB to PS/2 adapter, then plug that into an active PS/2 to USB adapter

It does

I had to do this a few years ago before I was a PC gamer to use my Choc Mini with a XIM Edge.
When you use you lose the NKRO, so just 6KRO.
You will be able to use the keyboard on something that doesn't support the NKRO thing when you use the USB->PS/2->USB thing.
My XIM Edge didn't support it but when I used the adaptor chain it worked.
>1.-Hit-or-miss build quality. User reviews mention iffy behaviour a few months in; screw that.
I think you are talking about chattering. FN+F10 and FN+F11 allows you to change the debouncing time if that becomes a problem. I only used the board for a year or so but didn't have chattering issues, I bought an HHKB because I wanted to try out Topre.
>Does the noppoo have some kind of switch to disable nkro?
No, there's just the adaptor chain.

>My XIM Edge didn't support it but when I used the adaptor chain it worked.
My XIM Edge was incompatible with the Choc Mini's NKRO thing so when I used the chain it removed that.
>1.-Hit-or-miss build quality. User reviews mention iffy behaviour a few months in; screw that.
Should elaborate. I had the POM keycaps one and the side printing wore off quickly and the top legends got messed up too but slower. They're still visible, unlike the side printing which is completely gone. The top printing just got darker, possibly because grime got in it.
The POM material itself isn't so bad but it's pretty smooth.

Bought some Filco SA profile double shot ABS keycaps yesterday (dark brown with cream legends). Did I make a mistake?

that camo is ugly

I prefer PBT over ABS, but to each his own

That's not my board. Just an example I found online.

Me too. Wish they were pbt and had different colored common keys, but they were only $55. Cheapest SA set I could find by about $100.

Is that supposed to be comfy?

does anyone know how many colors the pok3r rgb is capable of?

>2017
>still no totally silent mechanical keyboards

kill me

Friendly reminder Tada68 is now on Aliexpress.

aliexpress.com/store/product/Tada68/2230037_32790922659.html

16.8 million

that's physically impossible, but there are mechanical keyboards that are quieter then rubber domes

instructables.com/id/When-Cheery-Meet-Logitechdiy-a-Wireless-Mechanical/?ALLSTEPS

Fuck me this is exactly what I wanted to do
has anyone here ever tried it?

>not using space forged mech kb

good night /mkg/

/mkg/, why are you not using Gateron Blue switches to replace your Cherry MX Blues?

Fuck, already ordered mine from Taobao. Probably going to be a little bit cheaper though, so that's not terrible.

I don't want to wake up my neighbors when using my computer.

because both of them are terrible. low tactility and annoying as fuck sound feedback

are gateron reds better than cherry reds

gateron stem with cherry spring + housing is best.

In my experience, gateron housings are better for linears and cherry housings are better for tactiles.

Reminder that the GMK terminal buy ends in