Is this the most Sup Forums approved browser?

is this the most Sup Forums approved browser?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ccd0/Sup
vivaldi.com/source/?lang=en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Waterfox

>be in high school in 2005
>used firefox
>thought i was the coolest kid in school
>made all my friends download and use it
>thought it was the future of the web

wow have things changed.

Kazehakase

yeah, things have only gotten better ;^)

Not hipster enough. Try Pale Moon or whatever flavour of Firefox is hip right now.

Recently had to switch to Firefox from Google Chrome because of chromes RAM usage. I fucking hate it. Its laggy, it fails sometimes without warning, its just an inferior browser to chrome. If my computer didn't sperg out, I'd continue to use chrome. I need alternatives, Sup Forums.

Yes. It's the best browser on any OS I've used, aside from iOS which I never fell for.

>things that didn't happen, the post

Yes,

>didn't happen
Literally how? Check your task manager next time you run chrome. It opens the window in main processes, but also opens about 5 other tabs in background processes. Its known for eating RAM. Matter of fact thats why techs hate using it. They all use Firefox for this reason. Why would I bother to lie about something this fucking useless?

Fuck off

Nightly

qupzilla

I have never in my life witnessed a crash on firefox. You must be using a decade old hardware. It's literally as fast as chrome in real world comparisons.

does firefox have a Sup Forums x type of extension
only thing keeping me from switching from chrome

Icecat

why arent you using the 4chanx script?

Kill yourself, you dumb fucking shit stain.

probably my second time on Sup Forums, i dont browse this specific board

i dont know what that is

github.com/ccd0/Sup Forums-x

for chrome use the tampermonkey extension to manage scripts
for firefox use tampermonkey or greasemonkey

thanks m8

If someone says Explorer or Edge, please hang yourself

Chrome. Everything else is a fork of it or soon will be.

which browsers are guaranteed not to be backdoored by govrnment agencies?

The ones you compile from the source you audited.

FF is THE best option for web browser.

probably, yes

more like the least rejected

dwb, vim-like key bindings, his extension manager comes with an adblocker and greasemonkey equivalent.

Also there is several scripts to port firefox bookmarks to dwb.

>
>dwb, vim-like key bindings, his extension manager comes with an adblocker and greasemonkey equivalent.

>Not lynx in vi mode

Ishygddt

>Google Chrome puts web apps and plug-ins in separate processes from the browser itself. This means that a rendering engine crash in one web app won’t affect the browser or other web apps. It means the OS can run web apps in parallel to increase their responsiveness, and it means the browser itself won’t lock up if a particular web app or plug-in stops responding. It also means we can run the rendering engine processes in a restrictive sandbox that helps limit the damage if an exploit does occur.

What is the best chromium based browser? Iridium?
Is Vivaldi FF or Chromium based?

Firefox if you give a shit at all about your online privacy. nothing else can be trusted.

Yes, 64bit version is comfy af

it's also a dead project.

at least until they deprecate xul and none of your privacy extensions work anymore.

FIrecuck is dead. 11% of marketshare and falling every month.

It's dead, Jim.

Market share means jack and shit. Or else, why aren't you running Windows?

Cyberfox, chromium, Vivaldi seems to be coming along but I don't know much about it.

>only mainstream open-source browser
>installed by default in most linux distros
>used by tor browser

also windows has 90% share of the marketplace so nobody cares about popularity on Sup Forums

>Market share means jack and shit.
less users => less money for SJWzilla => less money to pay programmers => less programmers to actually improve the product and stop the hemorrhaging of users

it's a vicious cycle. Mozilla will be dead within 3 years.

you're right, shitnix/ganoo is dead aswell. marketshare is everything.

>shitnix/ganoo is dead aswell
it was never even alive. and they're not even paying to most of their employees.

if Mozilla adopts the same "crowdsourcing" plan for going forward with Firefox, it will die even faster because browser dev is moving fast and you need full-time employees to write code for you to remain competitive.

Its gotten better lately. I use it alongside safari now.

The codebase will live on. Same thing that happened with Netscape. Someone else will pick it up. Hell, the pale meme people if no one else.

I run it with full privacy and tracking protection on, no major issues. why would i need more?

I like it, but it's definitely been going downhill lately. There are a lot of bugs. Sometimes if I click and drag something, then go to a different webpage and click and drag something else, it will think I'm still clicking and dragging the first thing.

have you ever read their year end public financial reports? they're swimming in cash.

do you run noscript? how about better privacy? how about protection against html5 fingerprinting?

how much of that is from Yahoo grants? You know, the company that is going under as we speak?

>The codebase will live on. Same thing that happened with Netscape. Someone else will pick it up. Hell, the pale meme people if no one else.
problem is that this time there are all these big companies (apple/google/ms... and many others) who are extremely well funded and the market for a browser is saturated since these companies controls platforms and distribution and their browsers are pre-installed by the default.

A newcomer, say Mozilla2.0, would have an impossible time to break through and become relevant.

Unfortunately, there won't be any new successful successors to Mozilla.

Mozilla fucked it up by having retarded leadership that cared more about spreading LGBT rights, feminism, "diversity" than improving their core product.

Firefox is still a shit browser years behind the competition. Things will only get worse.

you idiot, trolls being saying that but it gets more and more extensions

even trolls like you can't stop it

This has already happened, just look at Pale Moon.

The problem with browsers is that they're so large and bulky that a comprehensive code audit is nearly impossible. So lets say you audit the entire Chromium source code. It takes a month. Don't find anything. In that time Google has pushed out 5 new updates. Any one of them could have telemetry baked in. Or it might not be directly baked in, but lets say it downloads a binary blob the second you go to a google site that does have tracking. Or lets say the code in chromium looks fine but we can't see google's servers so we don't know what tracking methods they're using. So you say "use Furryfox!" But how many Google people contribute to the codebase? For that matter, how many Yahoo tumblrette types? You really think they don't have ideas on including "evil nazi" tracking software in their browser? Browsers are just too big to effectively audit. Needs to be completely separate programs for downloading, rendering, and user interaction. Network device pipes to the html engine which pipes to either video playback, image rendering, text rendering, or scripting engine you wish to have installed. Think how a file manager operates. Then each of these could be individually audited. Scripts could be much more effectively sandboxed this way, and the code for individual components could be much smaller and more effectively audited.

good pasta

>is this the most Sup Forums approved browser?
No, pic related is.

Isn't Vivaldi closed source? And isn't it just a chromium frontend?

fuck no it isnt

>Isn't Vivaldi closed source?
Yes. It's made by former Opera devs, though, so I'm giving it a pass.

>And isn't it just a chromium frontend?
Kind of. Right now, it does have a huge chunk of Chrome in it. But the devs want to eventually turn it into its own thing with its own extensions, themes, and rendering engine.

So why use it over something like Brave?

CYBERFOX
Y
B
E
R
F
O
X

Well then, guess that it is time to dump all efforts on ungoogled-chromium.

can we have a bot that detects the firefox image and bans all OP's using it please? I dont even care if people use that browser or not its just that if we'd save all firefox threads posted this month we'd have enough to keep us busy for the upcoming 10 years

Sjw fox...Fuck off

Still better than any of the RAM-hogging botnet Chromium forks

>looking at politics instead of browsing performance
>>Sup Forums

yes
>open source
>botnet free
>highly customizable

theres been a few polls on which browsers Sup Forums uses and firefox has always been #1

My principles don't give a rat's ass.

Fuck sjw fox.

Sup Forums is just as political as Sup Forums, just about different things.

Not wanting to support leftist authoritarianism...Sup Forums

Piss off cuck.

google chrome

i know but i think we should stop that, if we want good software we should ignore all gay ass sjw's and focus on what we want...good fucking software

you dont get it bruh, i hate it as much as you do but where cucks are probably gonna be abandoned as useless faggots within 10 years botnets will still have your fucking data when you die. i rather give some assholes the illusion they matter than giving more clever peeps power over me

I'm seeing y'all throw around the term """sjw fox""""
Anyone care to elaborate on that?
or is it just another stupid meme

>unbalanced quotes
REEEEEEEEEEEE

just look at the mozilla homepage
sjw ceo is ruining everything (hurr durr womens rights etc forgetting about improving the fucking software0
we should just ignore it tho, not gonna let some ass with a huge ego ruin my browser

it's not a pasta

>hurr durr womens rights etc forgetting about improving the fucking software
You make it sound like they fired all the devs.
relax

>You make it sound like they fired all the devs.
they did

did that on purpose
otherwise all the anti firefox guys will feel the need to spam their opinion again and 6 other threads will be lost in favour of new 'hurr durr firefox sucks' threads

it is now.

>Isn't Vivaldi closed source?
Vivaldi is open source.vivaldi.com/source/?lang=en

kill yourself firecuck

get a life nerd

die in a bus fire, judoidal millennial /utg/ kike