Devuan Thread

Devuan thread.
Debian bros allowed.
How is everyone else's night going so far. I am setting up bspwm and lightdm right now.

>What is devuan?
Debian - SystemD

>What makes SystemD so bad?
without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Arguments_against_systemd
read the wiki

>Why are you making this thread?
Because /fglt/ is flooded with Arch ricers.

This is a one time thread - just checking up on my Devuan bros :)))

Other urls found in this thread:

suckless.org/sucks/systemd
forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=120652&p=570371
lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2015-July/039443.html
wiki.debian.org/systemd#Installing_without_systemd
devuan.org/os/init-freedom/
cve.circl.lu/cve/CVE-2016-10156
agwa.name/blog/post/how_to_crash_systemd_in_one_tweet
github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/437
bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=76935
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Devuan derivative (Slackware).

>all that autistic shit

How does systemd affect me as a user?

Slackware and Funtoo bros are also allowed :)

What a shitty thread.
Infighting is just what we needed.

Are you this guy? Try looking at your posts and understand how stupid you appear

>>All that autistic shit
>How does systemd affect me?
The awful architecture of SystemD has lead to it gaining more and more control and becoming less of what it once was, a strong and efficient init system. It now asks for permission over things it doesn't need and also has a plethora of bugs which can act as a backdoor to your system.

I was reading that wiki and the links on it and it looks like they were written by CNN.

>systemd developer doesn't understand what su does and calls it a broken concept
>click link
>dude explaining exactly what su does and pointing that it isn't a full login and shouldn't be considered one
>somehow the wikicucks decided to label this with a title that makes it sound bad because they know that 90% of the people won't check the actual sources
>same thing happened for the other 4 links I checked

You anti systemd cucks are all smoke and mirrors, it doesn't surprise that your arguments are basically fake news.

>It now asks for permission over things it doesn't need and also has a plethora of bugs which can act as a backdoor to your system.

Please tell us a couple things it asks permissions over that it shouldn't, and also point some bugs that are backdoors to my system. Concrete stuff, not fake news; point it in the source and tell us what would be the right way to implement it. I'll wait. Checkmate.

Not me but glad to see other Devuan bros out there spreading the message.

>Not me
yup

Why would you want only one way to access the linux ecosystem?

>never mind that the arguments that I made turned out to be exaggerations, let's instead just question your stuff while I don't prove shit

What the fuck? I hate systemd now! Now I'm a #DevuanDeviant too!

De-vooh-an

>What makes SystemD so bad? The REAL reasons
1. It is too mainstream, I am a special snowflake, Won't use Arch or 'flake distros, they are too different. SystemD made my distro different and I just want to go back, I keep telling people linux is about learning but I won't learn this because hey I'm better than you

2. Jerked off a little bit too hard with other hippies in the forums with distros with professionals making these choices and I think I'm in charge

3. It's just too new, I'm a neo-luddite and don't like very small changes and improved speed, however I don't see anything wrong with grub2 from grub or lilo or pulseaudio or fucking anything else because I didn't jerk off with other hippies at the time and didn't have any false sense of self importance. Now I spend most of my time googling "HOW TO INSTALL GRUB2 MODIFY ON SYSTEMD WHICH SUCKS DEBIAN UBUNTU REMOVE PLEASE HELP"

4. Linux is about freedom, which means freedom to be a loser and retarded hipster and the freedom to make a shitty hipster nu-distro that nobody uses and will die in less than 5 months

Hold on, just a second.

>Crashes straight through brick wall as legs are instantly broken but the momentum keeps him going
>"LENNART LUNNART LENNURT LANNART LAN-NART LUNART LUNERT LEN-NART Sksjidjidjijdsfksjlk!!!!!!!!!!!"
>Stops at giant buildings made out of redhat and debian making a fucking catastrophic amount of money
>Losing blood really fast
>"nooooooooo give me a fucking job noooooooooo im better than u let me be ur sys ad min noooooooooo"
>"muh fukkin way of liiiiiiiiiifeee!!!!!!! was slightly changed!!!!!!!!"
>Slowly passes away into the night and the police have to wait for him to rot because it just smells so fucking bad

Dude what the fuck...

Let me know when I can install it from an iso and actually format partitions during install. Dumping everything into a single LVM doesn't count.

It sounds like Denuvo, so I'm not trying it.

Absolute SAVAGE

Do you know the guys behind Devuan ported GNOME?

That must have been a hard one, considering how dependant of systemd was.

FUCKING UNDERRATED!

fuck off samefag

>i got rekt hard
>reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

fuck off lennart

>21 posts 11 posters
>Autism so strong it could power a gate to hell
That's why I avoid Linux.

kill yourself you fucking autist

is just some troll with time, probably the same raiding /fglt/

he is a systemd fanboy who likes poettering's dick

wew

>I got told
lad...

For a user, SystemD is a huge improvement in speed and stability.

Ignore what those retarded jehovah's-withness-tier shills are saying.

As a system admin, I had to relearn stuff and I've also had issues with error messages that said fucking nothing about what was happenning. But other than that, SystemD is fine.

Recently I've replaced systemd with openrc on my arch. Haven't tested it much, but most parts of system worked.

>>>/reddit/ fuck off

The devs of systemd started a holy war to force everybody use systemd.

If you want to use a different init system to run your computer faster you can't, because your system may break.

I thought it were funtoo guys

>stop raping me
user...

>For a user, SystemD is a huge improvement in speed and stability.
Waiting 1 minute 30 seconds to shut down.

lennart...

> people actually defending shitstaind

enjoy your 0days and bloat

suckless.org/sucks/systemd

>force everybody
lies, they didn't force anyone
>you can't
more lies

>my throat hurts
m8...

>they didn't force anyone
forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=120652&p=570371

>more lies
lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2015-July/039443.html

>here's a forum link where another deluded retard reinforces my beliefs
fuck off

>deny deny deny
fuck off

>reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
we know

What the fuck you you think people complain about systemd?

Of course they force everybody to use their shit.

>What the fuck you you think people complain about systemd?
only the uninformed idiots do that
>Of course they force everybody to use their shit.
they don't; you can use whatever you want; but please elaborate: how do they force you?

The only uniformed here is you, Debian sudden jihad against anything non-systemd was the reason Devuan was created.

All the packages not supported by systemd were instantly dropped.

Come back when you inform yourself, illiterate troll.

>more inane ramblings; no answer
as expected from an uninformed idiot

Why the systemD troll always shitpost? What are you hiding?

Don't you have anything better to do? Fuck off.

Is this poettering fanboy serious? He just got told.

Stop the denial fanboy.

>packages not supported by systemd
what? is vim supported by systemd? because vim is still there

are you stupid? what the fuck are you hiding?

so if we don't embrace sytemd you are going to go full terrorist on us? fuck off

What out guys, lennart brigade is coming.

is vim supported by systemd tho? you forgot to answer this one; even a baboon such as yourself should manage to muster a simple yes/no

stop being a terrorist cunt, cherry picking one package to have a answer that you want is the kind of bigotry expected by a religious fanatic

fuck off

t. religious fanatic

>cherry picking one package
>All the packages not supported by systemd were instantly dropped.
>All
was that a lie then?
called it!

stop implying bullshit fanboy, your flamewar has to stop

no more you's for you

>cherry picking one package
ok; let's try another: how about nano?

ITT: uninformed idiots get rekt with simple questions

fuck off lennart, you flamewar fanatic

>stop triggering muh cognitive dissonance
top cucks

>implying
you got told tho

I just removed systemd from my Debian install manually. That fucking shit was really integrated into the system. I had some power management issues for a while there too.

So they killed the Debian guy because he found out that systemd was botnet didn't they?

It is completely unsuitable for an embedded platform.

n-nooo that must be all lies, lennart tole me systemdeeee is so cool and the future, it's 2017 and progress and such, systemd will end white privilege

tell that to me

hate systemd ? install debian without it

wiki.debian.org/systemd#Installing_without_systemd

systemd creates files with global rwx perms and then tightens them, instead of the other way around. This resulted in an escalation bug a while back, but systemd is a buggy piece of shit in the first place, so it's hard to keep track of details across all of these incidents.

Just in the last few months, systemd had a bug that allowed anybody with a login to crash the machine regardless of privileges, and another that was a fairly hefty escalation issue.

This is not to mention the shitty way services are hadled, the Google NTP autism, catching kernel debug flags, etc. This is an awful lot of issues for software that's supposed to be on PID 1 and reaping processes, and nothing else.

This would be a nice post if you weren''t some idiot repeating what you heard from fake news. Look at that systemd source in your post pointing the exact bugs you're talking about! Wait... it isn't there.

>Linux is about freedom
No, that's just GNU. Linux is proprietary software, shipped with nonfree, binary only blobs.

Is devuan based off debian testing or stable. I hope they don't release it based off jessie when stretch is soon to come out.

I'm past Devuan and moved to Refracta for a true GNU/Linux disto IMHO.

Praying to mighty zeus for a non-systemd GNOME3 release on both like BSD.

What init system does it use then? You would think that the OP would say so considering the fucking huge deal you anti-systemd fucktards are making about the one you hate so much

SysV

I'm past Devuan and moved to Refracta for a true GNU/Linux disto IMHO.

Praying to mighty zeus. Gonna be tight when a non-systemd GNOME3 releases on both like BSD.

I thought openrc or runit were supposed to be the "good" choices. I haven't heard much about sysV.

devuan.org/os/init-freedom/

Where's the force?

"Debian claims that “Systemd is becoming the de facto standard init system for Linux”, a number of GNU/Linux distributions, some new, beg to differ. While Debian claims that “It is better than existing alternatives for all of Debian’s current use cases”, these rebel GNU/Linux distributions refuse this one-size-fits-all vision of the *nix world that breaks portability, ignores backwards compatibility, and replaces existing services, forcing systemd into adoption."

SysV is more traditional. Debian and ubuntu used to use it before switching to runit and systemd.

In a way yes, but no.. Suicide. Ian knew how fucked it was getting, he just wanted t0 end the pain.

With added config options like gnome2

Also, OpenRC partially uses SysV and the older BSD style init and has it as a dependency depending on which one you have installed.

saved

>without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Arguments_against_systemd
>first link is literally muh Unix philosophy
Into the trash.

Why would you do this to yourself? Just use Debian.

NSA is trying to trick us to being enslaved by them with systemd. The jews will lose, we will win.

nice bait

>shrodingers bait

The NSA worked on systemd, don't fall for their tricks.

Fuck off lennart

Literally what? I turned it off and on again right now. More like ~10 seconds dude.

Stop holding the power button, shill.

Stop talking shit, you had me curious until
>lies
If that's representative for the "comunity" behind whateveralternativeyouarepushing, fuck you all.

cve.circl.lu/cve/CVE-2016-10156

agwa.name/blog/post/how_to_crash_systemd_in_one_tweet

github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/437

bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=76935

systemd niggers, the day of the rope is coming.

>three fixed bugs and another fixed bug that was on Google's side

Is this your proof? You must really be a desperate shill if the only flaws you can point are the ones that were already fixed. I could say that Linux (a kernel) is shit because it had Dirty COW for 10 years, but I can also check how many bugs Linux (a kernel) has and it would be around 3500 only counting the unresolved ones. My point is that you're trying to shill a dead cause and at the end of the the bigger picture is that you're just a Linuck arguing against other Lincucks when you all use a shit OS; it's like chickens thinking that they're cleaner than pigs when they all smeared in their own shit anyway. Stay cucked.

it makes life easier for users since you don't need to rely on shitty shell scripts to cause things to happen at init or during runtime.

>I see no issue with bugs that should have never existed, but do because Poettering doesn't believe in sanitizing input, applying proper permissions, and accepting that he may make a mistake!
>It's OK because other people are retarded, too!

I can tell you don't need to rely on systemd for anything but ricing.

systemd default behavior kills all your running daemons upon logout, defeating the purpose of running tmux and screen over a remote session.

The debian team bitched and moaned, Poettering showed up and claimed it was a non-issue and then got angry at the debian team for refusing to respect his "sane defaults".
The debian defaults keep the expected behavior for the time being.