480p is sufficient on phones

480p is sufficient on phones.

Other urls found in this thread:

androidcentral.com/galaxy-s7-nougat-defaults-1080p-look-samsungs-new-display-scaling-options
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no but 720p is

640p ought to be enough for anybody

I can agree on that with anything under 4" screen size.

720p is sufficient on 5" and anything else can't be held in one hand anyway.

But not having high pixel density only limits the function of our swiss-army-knife tools that we call smart phones. If you mean an actual normal mobile phone, you point is valid, however I assume you are not.

>1080p is sufficient on phones.
Fify

T. Manlet with baby hands

The only acceptable screen size in 2017 is 1440p. If your phone has less than this, you have a poorfag phone. Phones even have 4K displays these days, 1440p is the minimum.

>1440p on a phone
Do you also drive a Dodge RAM?

I like battery life

>he can't just swap his 3220mAH battery when it dies

No, I have a '98 Toyota Camry.

Same, two days without charging is the bare minimum in 2017. If your phone doesn't do at least 1440p and go more than two days without a charge, it's a poorfag phone.

T H I S

Do you use cloud? I mean, for a phone that old (assuming you didn't buy it recently) you have a lot of free space.

why do asians sleep on the floor?

>not just having good battery life
I like using my phone

>he can't just swap microSD cards

19yo car and calling anyone a poorfag...

Can you not use your phone because you have baby hands, a horrible screen pixel density, or a battery that doesn't last at least two days?

they sleep on mattresses, maybe elevated beds are unnecessary

Sufficient yes. Comfy? No. 720p is the smallest I'll go since its enough for crisp HD videos while being light on battery. Its a good middle ground.
>1080p+
Fuck no. Most mobile media is just upscaled to 1080p so its just filling in the blank pixels, all you get is a larger image with placebo aliasing.

Have fun with your computer on wheels...

>Hurrr, wasting money on new shit that's harder to service means I'm not a poorfag
iPhone user detected.

>Fuck no. Most mobile media is just upscaled to 1080p so its just filling in the blank pixels, all you get is a larger image with placebo aliasing.

I stream 1440p vide to my device, I'm sorry your device is incompatible. :c

T H I S

Gooks literally sleep on the floor. Nips have the decency to sleep on cotton filled blankets on rice straw padded floors.

Totally happy with 720p.

I don't spend my time watching videos or gaming with the phone, they're made for communication.

>people arguing over resolution
>not realising its about the pixels per inch

Sleep smug smug

How can you use anything in the ≥6" range with one hand without stretching your thumb every time you need to access something in the left (or right, if you're left-handed) upper corner?

>Sup Forums still doesn't support VP9 WebMs

I say that because the phone I have a gs5. Which is the perfect phone

vp8 is alright

>The only acceptable screen size in 2017 is 1440p. If your phone has less than this, you have a poorfag phone. Phones even have 4K displays these days, 1440p is the minimum.

read this in trumps voice not disappointed

androidcentral.com/galaxy-s7-nougat-defaults-1080p-look-samsungs-new-display-scaling-options
1440p KEKS BTFO

He's right you know.

Is good when you don't read subtitles

yes but why
4k is so unnecessary at 5 inches

8k phones when?

I'm still waiting

Where do you find 1440p streams? The higher res just usually means better bitrate so that would give better quality, most sources are still 720/1080 that are just upscaled to whatever for the better streaming quality so I'm not losing much since its still matched to the display.

720p source upscaled to 4K on a 720p display == 720p source upscaled to 4K on a 4K display. I'll get a 1440p phone when they start making anime in 1440p, which will be a while since they still use 720p.

It is, but there's nothing wrong with going higher res as long as you stop at a practical resolution like FullHD. I hate that all these new phones have QHD and up screens, it's beyond retarded.

how else do they sell you new phones that you don't need?

moar cores, even more unnecessary RAM, higher clock, massive battery capacity

Because you don't want to own a poorfag phone, do you?

Are you a poorfag?

phones are more about wasting money on pointless e-bullshit than they are about usefulness
most people just use that shit to text, maybe send images, and browse internet, facebook, Sup Forums if theyre autistic
you don't need to buy the fancy new $600 toy every year to do that

>screen size
>1440p

ffs lmoa

I'm poor. I don't want to get a cheap phone, but what can you do. I don't want to blow my budget on a phone, so I have to save for a long time and even then I have to make concessions. Dropping 4K screen is one of those. Just too pricy and I don't personally see much worth in them.

SLEEP SNUG, SMUG

You must be a proud iphone 7 fag.
300-400ppi on a phone is enough and >400ppi is beyond neyond undistinguishable if you look at them at a normal distance.

>tfw phone is svga