Office 365

The best $99 a year I've ever spent.

I get 5TB of online storage, Microsoft Office suite complete with all latest updates, Microsoft Groove free HD streaming of all my own music uploaded to my own onedrive from my phone, laptop, tablet.

Excellent applications to view and sort my raw and edited photos on onedrive etc.

Wait, I can put my music on some server and listen to it anywhere à la Spotify?

à la wakbar ?

>The best $99 a year I've ever spent
And will keep spending, without ever actually owning a thing.

Yes.
I suggest you get yourself a vps and set it up yourself.
It's like, this it Sup Forums - technololigy, not Sup Forums - consumerism.

>loli
kys

>no loli
kys

>mfw when I have free Office 365 forever from being a student two years ago

What's that about streaming music?

That's actually a good point. I feel pretty stupid for not thinking about that.

They should definitely market on the streaming music part, I never heard of it before.

preach

Micro$hill

I own all my things I put on there and can remove them at any time

Kill yourself, shit for brains.

Office 365 is absolute fucking jewry.

My wife works at Microsoft and sells these things and even she admits its fucking jewish. You think you're absolutely getting a good deal but if you just bought the complete package it'd be cheaper in the long run.

My boss got glam'ed with this shit product even though i kept insisting to just go with the complete package, instead of this whole cloud subs thing, fucking Outlook won't work unless its connected to the cloud baka

They haven't upgraded Excel signficantly since 2003.

You are spending 99 for 5TB of cloud storage a year. wew

>They haven't upgraded Excel signficantly since 2003.
Not much to add when the program works fairly well. They do add some useful functions though (although I guess technically you could have added them yourself in VBA)

>à la xDDD
>>>/9gag/
France

Does it work well on Linux?

I have all my files backed up. $99 a year is a small price to pay for having my files secure in the case of a house fire or theft that could cause me to lose all my files.

Microsoft stop, that's enough already.

Yes. All the tools work in a browser, even Groove. You could also play your music from Onedrive through your Linux music player like Rhythmbox. Sync your files automatically as well.

It's really worth it

Amazon comes with unlimited storage for $70 a year :)))

linux doesn't have music players, it has modules

Amazon doesn't have the Office suite for 5 family members to use and Groove player

YOU GET A FULL MICROSOFT OFFICE SUITE ON 5 PCs or MACs A YEAR

If anyone here has actually legally purchased software, you know what a deal this is for a full-featured office suite. Freefags please go smoke some weed or whatever you do.

How does it give anyone Groove? I have 365 and that is not included.

5 shekels have been deposited into your account.

>
>à la wakbar ?
Matthieu c toi ?

Wow, didn't know Jobs made the iBoard from beyond the grave.

Men i want his girlfriend picture

>vps
Why store your stuff on a server you don't own?

Just serve your music on an old desktop computer and open a port on your router

>"owning"

What's the point? Who cares if you "own" a piece of software? The only thing that really matters is whether you can get your shit done.

I don't think your "wife" understands what you actually get with Office 365. Buying the suite up front gives you a license for only one computer, and no cloud storage. Buying a year of Office 365 gets you a license for *five* computers of your choosing, allows you to share your subscription with other people in your household, and gives you a terabyte of cloud storage. Also, if you're smart, you'll buy one-year sub cards on Black Friday every year, when they're $60. That's $5/month for all that shit, while Google Drive is $10/month for just the cloud storage. What were you saying about 365 being a bad deal?

That device is clearly running Android.

>What's the point? Who cares if you "own" a piece of software? The only thing that really matters is whether you can get your shit done.

When you own software, you can get your shit done one year from now. Or 5 years. Or even 10 years.

>And will keep spending, without ever actually owning a thing.

basically this

>I get 5TB of online storage
i just have ssh access to my home pc if i forget something, i try to avoid needing it since i have 800kbps upload
>Microsoft Office suite complete with all latest updates
libreoffice does the job for me and costs nothing
>Microsoft Groove free HD streaming of all my own music uploaded to my own onedrive from my phone, laptop, tablet.
i use syncthing to sync data between my desktop/laptop/phone
>Excellent applications to view and sort my raw and edited photos on onedrive etc.
i use hydrus for similar purpose

Debatable. I wouldn't want to be doing my work on Word 2007, and I've been to at least one college course where Word 2007 was explicitly disallowed for a specific technical reason.

Remember: If you want a single-seat Home license, that's ~$120. 365, if you buy on Black Friday every year (which you should), is $60/yr. Assuming one seat, the intersection occurs at the two-year mark. You could make the case that that's a bad deal, if you placed a zero value on the OneDrive storage. Assume two seats, or three, however, and that's $240 or $360 for permanent licenses, which brings the intersection to the 4- or 6-year mark respectively. That 365 sub starts to look quite a bit better there. Now, if you have a kid or two, or three brothers, or a roommate, or a spouse, up to five of them can share your 365 sub.

So, up to five devices for you, and let's go for an average here and say you have three -- a desktop, a laptop, and a tablet -- and you're sharing with two other people, each of which have one seat. That's five licensed users of Office 365. Up front, that would costs $600, and it would take ten years for Office and 365 to intersect. Longer, if you assign a nonzero value to Onedrive.

Oh, yeah, I also forgot to mention that my calculations are generous by way of assigning a zero value to any new versions of Office that occur over those ten years. Assign a nonzero value -- any nonzero value -- and the equation tilts even further in favor of 365.

>$40 iPhone bill/month
>$30 DSL bill/month
>$15 Netflix bill/month
>$10 Xbox online bill/month
>$10 Amazon prime bill/month
>$10 spotify bill/month
>$10 YouTube red bill/month

That's computer only and the list could go on. When will the silicon valley learn that this market is very limited? As in, will collapse soon enough when people realize they lost control over their finances?

You do realize that those revolving monthly subscriptions tend to proportionally -- at the very least -- occupy portions of people's budgets that were previously occupied by other discretionary entertainment expenditures, right? If a person/household (note that the value of any sub scales like crazy as household size does) used to buy two crappy DVDs a month from the bargain bin at Wal-mart at $7.00, but now pays $12/month for Netflix, they haven't been taken, they've cut $2/month from their budget and are getting a much better product.

Regarding installment plans for phones, an installment plan on an iPhone (assuming you got it from Apple) carries no interest, meaning you technically pay a minuscule amount less than you would for it up front, due to more money remaining in your bank account for longer. Furthermore, getting an unlocked iPhone in such a way means that you can conceivably comparison shop between carriers, which could conceivably regain you a significant portion of the $40 you cite.

Buying two DVDs isn't a good comparison, because you aren't buying anything with Netflix. It's more like renting. In which case, you could instead pay $1 for a Redbox movie when you know you want to watch it rather than pay $12/mo in the anticipation that you'll watch something on Netflix.

Ending up not watching (thus not renting) 12 Redbox movies = $0
Ending up not watching anything on Netflix for the month = $12

You would have to assume that anyone paying for a Netflix subscription is getting their value out of it every single month, which definitely isn't true for everyone. And, in the event that you realize you didn't watch anything for the month, that's too bad, as you've already lost your money.

You do realize that DVDs can be sold again, right? You do realize that used DVDs start at $1 on ebay, right? You do realize that this is GIANT market, right? With vinyls, CDs, blu rays and vidya as well.

You have to add this into the equation.
I'm not against subscription services in general. But it has to have been thought through. And when I see that they try to rob you of your self written documents if you don't pay up within 365 days, it's enough and somebody has to clear that up.
In order to be able to own your personal CV written in Office 365, you have to pay infinite dollars.

It's just scary to see this cancerous idea spread.

And where I live (western civilization), I have to pay for my bank account. There is nothing to save by keeping the money in the bank, it's the contrary. One of the biggest banks over here charges fees according to your balance.

I guess I will not be able to prevent stupid people from doing stupid things, but at least I can hold up a mirror in front of them.

Home servers are unreliable

they're as reliable as you make them

>And where I live (western civilization), I have to pay for my bank account.
Enjoying those negative interest rates in europe?

Working for my organization gets me 5 free licenses I can put on any computer I want

>$10 spotify bill/month
>$10 YouTube red bill/month

I know this is just an example, but for anyone who does use Youtube red, you get included youtube/google play music with the subscription, so spotify isn't necessary.

You can play all the music you store on the onedrive music folder through Groove on iOS/android/PC/Mac/Linux

iTT: Freetards flabbergasted

Enjoying your US news?

Everything's normal, we're wealthy and we still have no niggers robbing our stores with weapons from some supermarket.

Sure, there's some immigrants being caged into some home depot, but that's not my problem.

I only hear these horrific sensational bullshit from americans. They ask me about the muslims'n'shit. What fucking muslims, they've been here a long time already, just like niggers in the US.

It's nothing special.

Oh yeah office 365 is fuckin great if you need it

Office 365 is the best.

Got me 3 copies at release.

If you have Amazon Prime you can do that with Amazon Music

Jesus dude i wasn't even trying to troll you.

It's ok. It just built up and I had to let it out.

>$99

Why not just use Google Docs and Google Drive? It's free.

>The best $99 a year I've ever spent.
You clearly have zero idea how the O365 infrastructure works.

There's a reason I've moved Exchange back on-prem....

>There's a reason I've moved Exchange back on-prem....
Elaborate.

Is Outlook still free?

5 - 9 node DAG depending on partition.
Reseed is from active copy.
In a different data center.

Which is fine, except that remember, that's the active copy. So all ~1500 users on that database are getting shit on again, after getting shit on because their mailbox is on a 2 TB SATA drive with ~1499 other people.

Though there are rumors that ANSI-D (meaningless garble unless you work for Microsoft) fixes some of that, and there are actually flash-cache modules in the servers now.

But yeah, re-seeding from a different data center, because it's the active copy, is bullshit. Reseed from a node in the same data center, and let the log replay.

There are other examples, but that's the one that triggers me the most at the moment.

Not gonna lie I actually enjoy groove music over media player when it comes to playing my music.

>get the free 1 year sub
>uninstall immediately
>pirate office 2010

Fuck that trash.

>buying office 365
>not just pirating the 2016 Office Suite from TPB
The only thing you won't get is the Exhange email and Groove and shit. But Groove has alternatives and you can run your own Exchange server