How hard is it to make an operating system like windows except not shit? why is no one trying

How hard is it to make an operating system like windows except not shit? why is no one trying

Other urls found in this thread:

reactos.org/
hicaryhotel.com/ap-hotel-near-red-hat-1264445323.php
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/oxymoron
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Define what windows means to you

it means the world to me :3

running windows apps

Very hard.

But you could just adapt Linux like everyone.

It already happened and it's called windows 10

It's called ReactOS

So you mean games

reactos.org/

the whole reason windows is successful is vendor lock in

the actual operating system is shit tier

It is quite difficult to make a new operating system from scratch that isn't based on the GNU/Linux kernel. It would take a lot of assembly code and some level of genius to make something more efficient.

Unless you're just talking about how it looks, in which case there are plenty of good customizable Linux distributions already.

Install gentoo.

POO IN THE LOO!

I wonder what her head would look like on a stick.

Who is this curry slurry?

I don't care where her head is, I just need the holes on the other end

the B E A U T Y

Android-x86
Try it!

windows = shit

so making an os like it will also be shit.

what you're proposing is a logical paradox.

I want to fuck her lips

for 100 rupees, you can.

/her dad

Android-x86 is closer to GNU/Linux than it is to Windows.

Bullshit.

on a scale of yes to very how much of a meme is this to run as my daily driver?

>nose piercing

into_the_oven_it_goes.poo

Please call our dedicated call center. Susan at HR would love to offer you a position as Chief Executive Officer at Marketing. Love to meet you soon!

As long as you keep it bleeding edge it should be really state of the art.

Remember to install the OS from the ground up (do not use multiple partitions but wipe all your data and then install it on a single HDD/SSD).

It depends on what you do every day. It's about the same as using Windows 95/98.

>28 posts / 4 unique IPs
Red Hat, Inc. is grateful for your contribution and has deposited 3 shekels to your account.

very, since WIN32 is literally legacy shitware on top of all kinds of hellacious shitware

so basically, it's virtually impossible.

Basically the GUI probably. It legitimately looks worlds better than linux. Customization and features are more streamlined. Linux requires you to look more into these customizations and rarely do you get exactly what you were hoping for.
In the end its just not as intuitive as windows which is the important thing.

What about it is Windows-like? It doesn't even have a start menu.

Are you retarded?

Building an OS, kernel, bootloader, etc from scratch is not very difficult if you have experience with languages like C and you know how stuff works. There are thousands of operating systems out there made by hobbyists written in lots of languages for various pieces of hardware. This homemade software rages in complexity from simple 4 or 8 bit homebrew computer operating systems to full x86 systems with a desktop environment and everything.

The hard part is updating it, patching all the broken/vulnerable stuff, and making/porting useful software. This was the problem with Sailfish OS. They used a proprietary compatibility layer for Android apps called AlienDalvik. It's a huge pain in the ass to build something like AyylmaoDicks, and without it the OS is very limited.

>4 unique IPs
That's the image count you dork

The users.

The kind of people that chase higher numbers and lower prices.

any multiplatform free and opensource software will likely be better ran on a linux distro, so very.

unless of course you depend on some garbageware nonfree shitheap win32 crap for legacy reasons. like if your whole company depends on some weird ass shit just to function.

>like windows
>not shit
pick one

>0.1 shekels have been deposited into your Red Hat account

You mad, brown boi?
No hard. The only reason Windows is a hit is due to the fact that a lot of software essential for business and games is almost exclusive to Windows, no because it's actually good.

sailfishOS also failed because the userland was also nonfree shitware.

it was a "muh freedoms" lie from the start.

Steve, please collect your complimentary hat, you've left it at the counter.

*no
not

middle kek

Can I use reactOS for games? Can I emulate renctOS for games.

i really really like this pajeeta....

Stop making a senseless fuss, Steve is the kind of guy that was due to travel wantonly, it means nothing if he's been to Red Hat North Carolina
hicaryhotel.com/ap-hotel-near-red-hat-1264445323.php

The only real answer here is ReactOS. That's the only OS who is trying to run all software written for MS-DOS, Win9x and NT until the Vista era.
Everything else is just some obscure Linux distro with a shitty GUI and Wine on top.

You probably can't run it outside of a virtual machine. Hardware support is VERY limited.

I want her to poo in my loo, if you know what I mean.

Nah, you can. I installed ReactOS in my shitty netbook some time ago. The problem is that the USB drivers are shit, so you can't install it in a USB.

Google can do it. But they won't. Because Google.

>Google
They are shit at developing operating systems. They are the only ones who dare to use Java in an OS and using a browser on top of an OS.

Operating Systems are very difficult to make, and unless you're truly a genius, you're gonna go crazy trying
If your judgement is sound, you should remake the last truly great windows OS: WINDOWS XP.
One of the great operating systems.

So if I were you, get to work on the windows xp spiritual successor because microsoft is too stupid and arrogant to make windows xp 2

>the last truly great windows OS: WINDOWS XP.
> MAXIMUM AUTISM
Do you even realize how much hated XP was at release? It wasn't even unjustified. Version 2000 was immensely less bloated and already very stable so you are incapable to even know that.

Anyway, the truth is every single windows version ever is bloatware anyway.

We always had to deal it, so just run Windows 10 and purge it with blackbird v6.

but that's literally 7

>like windows
>not shit
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/oxymoron

and what would this operating system do that any existing version of windows, linux, or apple can't do better

and of the things it would do better, how expensive would it be to design, engineer, code, extensively debug, support, update it all while preventing and patching vulnerabilities from malicious software, dealing with furious users from inevitable bugs, dealing with clueless users clogging up the customer support department, etc etc

>How hard
If it wasn't hard anyone could do it and the MS pajeets wouldn't have to use old ones to build on, innit.

>Customization and features are more streamlined. Linux requires you to look more into these customizations and rarely do you get exactly what you were hoping for.
>In the end its just not as intuitive as windows Which is the important thing.
are you fucking retarded? Have you even used Linux? KDE has built in theme downloaders for each of the major components. Everything from the window decorations, to desktop theme, to cursor theme, and more.