YouTube is rip

crowdpondent.com/2017/02/08/the-biggest-subscriber-glitch-in-youtube-history/

Other urls found in this thread:

googleapis.com/youtube/v3/channels?part=statistics&id=UCm3_j4RLEzgMovQTRPx47MQ&fields=items/statistics/subscriberCount&key=AIzaSyDApB_SxncSbtLGauez4CLmh7iJdiy5rGc
youtu.be/6TjMgvLyxMA
twitter.com/TeamYouTube/status/829464360607051776
socialblade.com/youtube/channel/UClWD8su9Sk6GzZDwy9zs3_w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Youtube has been dead since 2011

GUYS

if you get someone to a certain negative amount by all of us running a script, we might be able to actually crash youtube using the classic overflow glitch.

Spamming the hillary shill casey now

The visible subscribe count on the channel page seems to be updated less often though.

when did an overflow caused a crash?
Why the fuck do tech illiterates even visit this board... Go back to /retard.

70 Sub limit per 72 hrs per account.

Can't sub anymore to then unsub? Create a new account, then do it 70 times again.

So does the glitch just affect the subscriber count, or does it actually unsubscribe subscribers?

>what is buffer/etc overflow, alex
Seriously. Kill yourself.

It unsubs you, but the channel gets a net loss of one sub

>interface changes every damn week
>basic features have glaring bugs

GG Youtube

>Subscriptions and subscribers are the key, most important part of YouTube
but
>it affects only superficial number, the actual follow/unfollow functionality is ok

We need to start an Anonymous movement correcting the ethics of Youtube Journalism. We will call it YouGate. It will be glorious.

Who fucking cares.

Pretty good.

oh hunt, Quelle?

How do they come back from this? If they don't have a backup aren't they fucking screwed?

This is pretty funny.

They still have the list accounts that have subscribed a channel, this will actually be easy to revert.

but muh youtuber career

I'm not seeing it, I've tested 3 different browsers with no addons. Three youtube accounts and I'm just not seeing the negative sub numbers. Apart from the faggot at blackscreentv, who right now has a live video up with fake counters and what seems to be audio on loop claiming this is so. I smell bullshit.

WOW IT'S FUCKING NOTHING

they can just recount the subs?

The count on the channel page is only updated every few hours apparently.
You can see live subscriber counts at e.g.
googleapis.com/youtube/v3/channels?part=statistics&id=UCm3_j4RLEzgMovQTRPx47MQ&fields=items/statistics/subscriberCount&key=AIzaSyDApB_SxncSbtLGauez4CLmh7iJdiy5rGc

Though apparently it doesn't go into negatives at this point.

What? No, their data is intact. It's basically just the cached subscriber count. They don't want to do a full recount of the number of subscribers every time someone unsubscribes, so they just increment or decrement the subscriber count when someone subscribes or unsubscribes.

All they have to do is fix the decrementing bug, then recalculate the subscriber count of their channels, based on their subscriber-channel graph. It might be a pain, and take a while to update all those subscriber counts, but it's not anything really detrimental.

They already updated the account in the article; it's now at about 500.

youtu.be/6TjMgvLyxMA
It goes into negatives. ;^)

twitter.com/TeamYouTube/status/829464360607051776
I think Tana Mongeau got hit the hardest, she went down 550k today.

what number did she have before the bug?

I dunno I'm just looking at the socialblade page
socialblade.com/youtube/channel/UClWD8su9Sk6GzZDwy9zs3_w

Youre telling me this website stores subscriber count using a signed int ?

Whats the fucking point ?

Pajeets are used to using signed integers

do they even know about unsigned types? Sure getting to 2 billion subs is probably an impossible feat but still there is no reason to need negative numbers for that kind of counter.

I'm sure you can only subscribe 100 times in a day, I found this when I changed my account and resubed all my shit back, so you would need to make many accounts for that.

Pretty uninteresting for the "craziest bug in youtube history" or whatever they're calling it.

Anyone remember the 2010 comment HTML injection bug? That was a crazy day.

They just fixed it, old subscriber counts were restored.

That XSS vulnerability a few years ago certainly was more entertaining.

AUTISM

NOT

EVEN

ONCE

>They just fixed it
I think mine went up like 2, though hard to tell if those are new subs or not.

I'm watching the stream and not only are they still tumbling down, but the stream still has 0 subs.

Nice try YouTube Hero. You have no power here.

Deyr having issues

It's fine.

Didn't this already happen back in 2007 or so? Only then it didn't count resubscribes but counted unsubscribes i think. that way Sup Forums got someone to negative number too. or 0, can't remember.

>ONE OF THE CRAZIEST MOMENTS IN WORLD HISTORY

SSSSAAAAAYYYYYY niggerrrrrrr

giggers unite.

Damn I hope this won't have any lasting effects for all the youtubers.

>tfw when your channel is so fucking dogshit you start to owe youtube subscribers

Subscribing to a youtube channel had been pointless for a while though

>Subscriptions and subscribers are the key, most important part of YouTube, and was arguably the thing that made YouTube blow up in the first place. If this is happening now, and may have been happening for a while, then how can we trust YouTube to keep an accurate count of our subscriber counts in the future?

Is this guy for real? Talking about a free video streaming service that charges you zero dollars but that is not why it succeeded, subscribers.. that is why.

fucking entitled pricks, worse than anti adblock moral fags.

that happens to me a lot if i try to post a comment without letting the video play for 5 seconds.

Fuck you Andrew

Say Nigger.