What is your favorite code editor for web dev and why?

What is your favorite code editor for web dev and why?

> Visual Studio Code because it's faster than Atom and more complete than Sublime Text for what i'm doing (mostly angular2)

Other urls found in this thread:

jsonplaceholder.typicode.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I would probably still use Visual Studio. But I don't do much web unless I have to and in that case I might even use some of those automatic web builders (they are insanely automatic and advanced nowadays).

I liked Brackets though to be honest. Text-based but it also has a nice live-preview system. It opens up a Chrome that dynamically changes.

Though at the end of the day if I did seriously I would go with something more automatic. It's current year, I don't have time to VIM.

I'm still surprised how competent VS Code is when Atom is trash. Now they just need to make a non-shitty C/C++ compiler because god damn its optimization is terrible.

>mostly angular2
I am starting angular in few days. What to expect?
What did you mean by "mostly"? Is it used to replace the need of pure js,html,php?

enjoy getting microcucked with a sabotaged compiler you dumbfucks

When will the plebs learn?

> What to expect?
Expect few hard days trying to understand how it works, Services, Pipes, Modules etc...
Do some tutorials (scotch.io or scotch school are nice) before starting a real project
> What did you mean by "mostly"?
I don't work as a developer for now, i'm still studying, but I started Angular 2 1 month ago and work on it everyday (personal projects)
> Is it used to replace the need of pure js,html,php?
If this is a simple one page website of course not, but if the website starts being too complicated to """hard-code""", then angular is just perfect because of how it works. Building a webapp with angular2 is way quicker than building it with pure html / javascript

We at Oracle Corporation value your contributions to the anti-Microsoft cause and therefore pledge to deposit 1 shekel each to your Corporate Accounts.

> enjoy getting microcucked with a sabotaged compiler you dumbfucks

> sabotaged compiler
> sabotaged screen
> sabotaged mousepad
> sabotaged chair

Scite

Can you recommend me some projects to build using angular while learning it? Something similar to what you are doing currently as you said. Dont worry I know javascript very well.

Vim because it's faster and more complete than Visual Studio Code (mostly C/Golang)

I would recommend you to learn angular features by doing ONE small project for every feature

One app that load users from jsonplaceholder.typicode.com/ and dispaly it nicely to the user to learn http requests

One app that load and filter users based on a simple search input using pipes

One app that have many routes, protected ones, children routes etc...

One app that have different modules, some of theme are lazy loaded etc etc....

Hope i make sense / being usefull

Brackets looks identical to this. What's the difference? I guess Visual Studio full version has nice features but I've never tried that, but it might be great since it's free now on a full version.

to be honest i never tried brackets, does it support typescript?

Ok thanks, its a little confusing now because of new terminology but I will manage.

Also, is React designed for similar stuff as Angular or they are different things completely?

Emacs with Evil
>Full Vim emulation
>Decent built-in package system (not as good as Plug though)
>use-package slims my init.el immensely
>More concise than my vimrc while still giving me all the functionality I used in Vim
>Much better scripting language in Emacs-Lisp, my init.el is more readable than my vimrc by a long shot
>Performance is excellent with my slim setup
>I can clone my init anywhere and it Just Werks™, not unlike Vim
>Same themes have fuller coloring in Emacs vs Vim
>It's a whole fucking operating system with a file browser, web browser, terminal emulator, etc. all built-in

I've never tried React, but as long as I can see on wikipedia, this is the same (managing UI in a single page application).
But I honestly don't know which one is the best for what purpose...

Thank you again for your time and tips user.

looks good and zen

thanks oracle.

You're welcome user, good luck learning angular and have fun!

that looks so bad..
I am glad I didnt see this when I choose to try emacs..
I can atleast configure my emacs properly

I'm not sure, I just googled it does with an extension. Brackets is basically an HTML/CSS-gnostic text editor that has a live preview while typing.

Also the "right click->inspect definition of this without leaving this page" is a nice modern feature I guess.

>for web dev
A shotgun with an U formed barrel, although that's more some kind of debugger.

That live preview sounds gooood, is it only html/css or does it support javascript (for live preview ofc)

> sabotaged mousepad
> sabotaged chair
nice one, user

Yeah I'm pretty sure it also does JS. It's a full browser that lives it anyway.

web devs are not the problem, the problem are the "people" that use multiple Javascript frameworks for extremely basic things, or for things that they shouldn't be used at all

some JS frameworks shouldn't even exist, because they are used in retarded ways, see node

Node.js isn't a framework, retard

>mostly angular2

Then your opinion really doesn't matter.

This kills a microcuck

Is a backend framework for Javascript

>more complete than Sublime Text
lol

>angular2