/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Again.

Other urls found in this thread:

geofrikphotos.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/star-forming-region-lh95-in-the-large-magellanic-cloud.jpg
smallbusiness.chron.com/change-background-picture-custom-tumblr-theme-31421.html
reddit.com/r/TwinCities/comments/5stosr/computer_rental/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Does Exodus use exclusively streaming, or torrents as well? How would one know if playing content is torrent or stream?

Would an isp give somebody a strike for excessive streaming?

Are used Macbooks a shitty investment? I need a decent computer for music production and having done quite a bit of research I feel paralyzed by knowledge.

I love linux but the DAW I wish to use is not native there.
Windows 10 is hideous and in my experience a resources hog (am I wrong?) compared to the Linux distros I've used, but everything works on it.
Mac """"""just works""""" but the hardware you get seems unimpressive for the price. And the new Macbooks have that weird lack of ports which I find off putting.

I wish some one would just tell me what to do. I just want a system that doesnt get in the way of me recording and ultra low latency and the ability to use Reaper.

Dear god I am beaten.

There isn't really a good or standard answer to "how do I into libraries" in C-land.

I personally store external deps in my source tree and build static libraries on all platforms, because dynamic linking is a retarded idea that seriously needs to die. On the other hand, if you want to have your program packaged by a major Linux distro you will almost certainly have to support dynamic linking.

As to what your folder structure looks like, who cares? You have worse problems to deal with.

boot up a metasploitable vm and enjoy yourself

I have no idea what you are doing.

I like the 2012 classic MBP.
Has the power of a 2016 MB.
Has usb3.0, firewire, thunderbolt1.
Upgradable memory and storage.
Runs the latest Mac OS.

Second-hand ones are pretty cheap.

is there a g discord?

>2012 classic MBP.
How much longevity do you think I could squeeze out of one of these??

What is the best fan setup out of these?

I'm trying to torrent AVG and when I install it I get the same error every time. 0xcoo70643. I don't know why, I've had AVG on my computer before. Anyone knopw of a fix?

I'm trying to turn my RasPi 2 into a rubber ducky, so I wrote Duckberry Pi to the sd card and just popped it in and plugged into my machine. The default script on payload.bb is supposed to open a video in a web browser isn't it? Nothing is happening for me when I plug the Pi into my computer.

140mm on bottom front
140mm on top left corner
120mm on back

The MBP can go to 16GB ram, and as much ssd as you can afford.
That said, I think of it as equivalent to the equivalent to the base 2016 MB.
So as long as that lasts.

I think the usb3.0 makes it viable.
The usb3.0 runs at 5Gbps... which matches the speed of current MBs.
(Current MBPs are 10Gbps.)

Raisin Bran or Captain Crunch?

Captain Crunch has hacker cred.

Heterosexual male check in.

I just want put this nice wallpaper geofrikphotos.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/star-forming-region-lh95-in-the-large-magellanic-cloud.jpg at my tumbrl page as background, using the html edition.

I found this guide smallbusiness.chron.com/change-background-picture-custom-tumblr-theme-31421.html but still without working (maybe I doing somethig wrong)

Anyway, some can tell me how the fuck I should paste that code in the tumblr's html? I'm a fucking neophyte related with html code. The thing most "hacker" that I did related with this kind of codes was at flickr, when I was trying to "steal" pictures at a high resolution, just changing those key words in the url of picture: s= small size; o= original size.

Help.

It told you, just paste background-image inside of style tags

body { background-image:url('IMAGE_NAME_HERE');

Order doesn't matter, it just needs to be inside of style tags.

Why stress it? Just set up a VPN already.

I have friends and family that use it too.

Tell them to use VPNs too, then?

Not really too good with computers so please forgive me if this is stupid:

>running Windows 8.1 on laptop
>decided to run a boot scan via Avast
>scan finishes
>desktop loads up and looks nothing like how it should
>there's a notification bubble popped up, and it says:
"You've been signed in with a temporary profile. You can't access your files, and files created in this profile will be deleted when you sign out. To fix this, sign out and try signing in later. Please see the event log for more details or contact your system administrator."
>restart laptop to see if this is just a one off error but it's the same when it boots back up
>have tried this twice now

How the hell do I just get my profile back? My files all seem to be intact (and I have almost all of them backed up already) at least. I've done some Googling and I'm thinking that the profile may be corrupted or outright deleted (?). Why would this have happened? More importantly, how do I fix it so I can just have my shit back to normal. Thanks in advance.

>Why would this have happened?
>decided to run a boot scan via Avast
>Avast
You've answered your own question.

I didn't know Avast was bad.

I'm trying to login to a dashboard and I'm getting
>ERR_TO_MANY_REDIRECTS
from chrome browser. I've tried clearing cookies and it still persists.

ok guys so omegle has a shit bot detection system
basically after a certain amount of chats in a certain time frame, it will detect you as a bot and make you solve a captcha after each chat
the problem is 75% of users are horny dudes who will disconnect on you in 2 seconds, so you inevitably have to start solving captchas even if you're just a regular user
which makes the site unusable because now you have to solve a captcha every 2 seconds
how would one get around this?

i'm look for a japanese font that goes with terminus. any recommendations

Is there a company that sells dragon dildos in discrete packages by mail?

I have a bunch of space that I have Ubuntu installed on. I want to make space for Arch on it because I hate myself. When I fun fdisk, will I be able to partition the space without ruining my Ubuntu install?

Also, since I already have GRUB installed, I need to just regenerate the fstab file, and not go through the entire GRUB installation again, right?

can i play minecraft in debian

>clear cookies
>disable ad block on domain

I tried to use smart recovery to restore this laptop to factory defaults by pressing F9 during POST, but nothing happened.

Any other solution? Besides clean installing W7 again.

Yes

I don't think fdisk will resize your filesystem for you.
You'll have to do this manually first, before using fdisk.

Alternatively you could look for something that handles filesystem resizing and partitioning in one.
parted/gparted/something with a nice gui, maybe.

It works! Thanks pal.

I tried gparted, but it can't resize my partition because I'm using the partition to run Ubuntu, if that makes sense.

>smart recovery
what is that?

If for some reason you can't resize a live partition, then boot off a live cd/usb or something and go from there.

There is an irc
irc.installgentoo.com

Good idea, thanks. I'll try that later.

Gigabyte laptop rollback system to restore a PC back to factory default

Like a system restore

How do i force vsync with the steam port of system shock 2? Also why does the game crash whenever i try to start a new campaign

I'm on windows 7 btw

What's a good driver backup tool?

Gotcha. In that case, you're probably going to have to reinstall Windows.

what about steam?
i know some games would not work but
does csgo and really just any valve game

>steam
Steam will work, but that doesn't mean the games will run well considering Linux has low tier gpu drivers. Plebcraft will run fine on intel drivers tho. Also, it obviously doesn't mean all the games will work unless they have been ported.
>does csgo and really just any valve game
I think most Valve games have been ported

oh well
might be better that way.

Any link to updates pack? Windows Update on a fresh W7 install gives me cancer

does anyone know why the jap letters look like shit? im using mplus font

why?
what should I do?

reddit.com/r/TwinCities/comments/5stosr/computer_rental/

lolwtf

cook bacon

How do I add a script to Firefox for Android? I know it's enabled but I don't know how to get to add it

is there anyway I can install ubuntu from a USB onto a new computer (built it yesterday) without a operating system already installed on it.

wot. I think he's lying too when he said he used to do builds.

Now tell us, why were you on Reddit?

I've been using $15 earbuds since I was in high school and I listen to music via laptop, is it worth paying for Sennheiser 598s? I listen almost only to classical music and various lectures, how would they do for Bach, etc? And how important is an amp (and if very, which?)

Do you mean without an OS already on the USB? You can install one on it at the library.

You shouldn't do that. It kills you in a few ways, one without even eating it, and that's not hot enough for frying, which you shouldn't do.

Your fedora is showing.

How much do you weigh? I bet you're a fuckin lanklet lol.

no the computer HDD and SSD don't have anything other than the BIOS they came with. I used Rufus to put Ubuntu onto the USB as ISO but it just keeps giving me a "ignoring bgrt: failed to map image memory" error. I'm not sure if it's the USB or if I set it up on the USB wrong, or if it was possible at all without having a pre-installed OS

I'm not trying to be pretentious, it's just all I listen to. I've watched a few reviews and they mention pop music, not having enough bass etc, which doesn't really apply to me (I like the Smiths tho)

Also I've never used Open-back headphones; I listen to music fairly softly in general, would it be noticeable to someone sitting across a few desks in a library?

You can definitely install without another os on either the HDD or SDD. You most likely messed up the install on the USB. That's okay though, I always do that a few times. Test it before you wreck it. So, back to the point
>You can install one on it at the library

Currently, I don't eat if the scale reads higher than 121.8. I plan to stop and hold steady the first time I see a number that begins with 117. I've seen 118 a couple times.

maybe stupid question, but how do I make the "save file" window smaller? I'm running i3-gaps on Manjaro, pic related

I'm sorry I'm not following. Do you mean install it without Rufus by mounting ISO from my computer? or from the bios in the new computer? at what library?

How do I fix a laptop cable that's broken inside at a known point?
All the search results I can find are for cables that have visibly broken near the adapter.

Any possible chance of me trying to dual boot lubuntu or xubuntu on my windows thang fucking with my life or hardware?

I can't imagine it would but some asshole on reddit said it caused him "hardware problems". He probably just meant his hardware didn't support linux.

True stupid question

***WITHOUT fucking my life up. Dang

>HDD and SSD don't have anything other than the BIOS they came with

wat.

Sorry, excuse my autism
It should be as simple as plug in the USB to the computer and it just werks. You must of incorrectly burned Rufus to the USB, so try again.

That's all I'm saying famila anderson

If you have a spare hard drive lying around somewhere, you can try putting both on that and seeing how your system reacts. Can't think of a reason they wouldn't work together if you install everything correctly, though.

yeah, I'm stupid

It wasn't a problem for me.

It's bad, they've fucked up few times.

I will never forget when they MITM'd me. I cri every tim

Software will not fuck up your hardware. Except poorly used overclocking software. Now I want to write a virus that turns of safety features and lets the processor burn.

But to the point, just back up your shit and you;re good.

i got the same error, I'm going to try a different usb.

Are you sure there's acutally a problem? What happens if you just keep running ubuntu?

Bump

Have you tried verifying the hash of your iso to make sure it downloaded right?

But why? How tall are you? Are you healthy?

we have it hooked up to my tv via hdmi and after the error the monitor says no signal and if I just leave it the tv will autoshut off after like 10mins.

anyone?

how viable is the Pentium G860 in current year for a basic desktop for a parent

emails, facebook, skype, and youtube

Everything's fine. Put on a little weight eating ad libitum and now I'm taking it off.

no, I doing this from my laptop that runs windows 7 so I really didn't want to mess with that. I think I'm just going to tell my friend to wait for his Win10.

You didn't want to install 7zip?

I had Virtualbox working just fine a minute ago, and as soon as I installed the addon pack, it started doing pic related.
Any idea what to do? I executed the command it says to, but it didn't fix it.

How do you highlight threads in 4chanx?

Anyone got an answer? Or something to point me in the right direction?

no, figure out how to do that. I'm just tired of messing with his computer at this point. that and I can't log into my PSN to play Nioh, so I'm just frustrated with technology right now. Thanks anyways to whoever tried to help.

You need to regen your kernel and make sure it gens vb

Dude, running a checksum is like the easiest shit you can do. You just pick a program, scan your file, and compare the number. You should know that shit for all kinds of security situations.

I don't think you can

Well shit. Can I make it use another file manager? I'm not very picky about the solution as long as it works.

This is definitely a dumb question but I'm coming from Python so I don't know any better.

I'm learning C, and I'm wondering about compiling with libraries. Say I wanted to do a simple network request so I utilize the existing libcurl library. It's installed and included and all that.

After compiling the executable, will I still need libcurl installed for the program to function correctly?

What I'm wondering is, does the compiler get all the necessary parts into the executable, or will other libraries (external of the executable) still be required for operation?

I'm assuming you're talking about the USB which is the same as the ISO 1.4Gb

how viable is a remote-desktop solution for everyday use?

i have a pretty high end computer at home but i dont get to use it 2/3rds of my day because im at work. i bring a decently specced asus zenbook to work but i'd like access to more power. are commercial solutions (teamviewer, etc) the best or are there other things i should look into so i can use the power from my home rig while at work?

Didn't want to make a new thread, this is my first time being on the board here too but I need advice for my stupid question.

Are Wifi PCI cards the best way to go to get stable wireless internet? I've been trying using a wireless USB drive for internet but its been causing packet loss and general unstability for me.

>stable wireless internet

a big meme I know, but I don't have any other options at this point. I haven't looked into pci cards, but if theyre my best bet how expensive are we talking? any recommendations for them? any recommendations for anything else I could do to get better/stable download speeds?

In my experience PCI card WiFi is more reliable than USB, but YMMV

Can blue cheese still get moldy? Or will the good mold already in it keep the bad molds out?