Hey Sup Forums, I think google is spying on us

Hey Sup Forums, I think google is spying on us.

Yesterday I was watching a movie and in one scene someone mentioned that he needed an advil, later then, I watched an episode of The Sopranos in wich Tony asked for an advil too. Few hours after that, I was lurking on cancerbook and suddenly an ad about buying advil appear.

Should I stop usin Chrome or only kill myself?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EsjQLB_jTBA?t=2m
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

advil

Tylenol

Amphetamines

Install firefox

Hi OP, I'm very sorry that you have are in pain! It happens to me quite often too. How about taking some Advil? It offers quick relief! Yes!

>Google
>Collecting data
Nice conspiracy theory moron

Once, I had a YouTube video playing in Firefox on my laptop for background music while sleeping. The video was something like 6 hours long.

I woke up and remained very silent to avoid waking the doggo. After about an hour of silence, I decided to get up so I stretches and took a deep breath.

At that very moment, YouTube played an ad.

The ad left a yellow mark on the time slider (that thing that lets you skip to different parts of a video) and IT WAS THE ONLY AD THAT PLAYED DURING THE ENTIRE 6 HOUR VIDEO as evidenced by the absence of yellow marks anywhere else on the timeline.

In short, YouTube COINCIDENTALLY played an ad the moment I made a loud noise. No other ads for the prior six hours.

Except the yellow marks appear when you open the vid so you know in advance where it will stop to play ads and how many times. So the yellow mark was here from the start, most likely, and you didn't see it.

BOTNET IS REAL!

At least I know that I'm not the only one being spied by google.

That's a good point and I realize that is most often how it works. I wonder if the behavior I described (without the microphone part) is documented somewhere.

This occured two years ago, so current documentation may not be sufficient.

Here, to illustrate my point. The same yellow marks are used to indicate a little rectangular ad insert emerging from the bottom of the video frame, or a pause for a video ad.

Oh, well. It wouldn't surprise me if they actually did this, but I wonder how and why. You can't really measure the impact of this can you? What's the added value for advertisers? "hey look when we dectect noise on the user end we can play your ad for potentially better exposure" but it makes no sense. For all they know the noise could have been anything. Could have been you getting into bed. Or leaving your desk. Most people don't make that much noise when watching a vid.

I don't see how it would help them.

I think they use voice recognition to ensure that a human is listening.

Also, maybe they don't care about advertisers and its only a way to improve their artificial inteligence projects.

>google is spying on us
ya think?
youtu.be/EsjQLB_jTBA?t=2m

You talk to yourself when you're sitting at your desk? I don't know you but usually if you hear my voice I'm on the phone and not paying attention to what's on the screen. Sounds counterproductive.

Maybe. In any case the only way they have of being sure you're looking and listening is by using not the mic but the camera.

Personally I think it is government spooks marking their territory, but that's paranoid.

For example, I have also had my internet go out when writing politically charged Facebook posts. Like I'm composing a comment and the internet cuts out before I post it. it has happened a little too often to be coincidence. Last time was during the DNC.

I'm the person who posted about Youtube listening to me

Counterproductive for selling ads (and this feature would never be publicly disclosed. Imagine the shitstorm).

Very productive for insidious intimidation and normalization of spying.

You think that they have neural networks that analyse everything they hear (possibly from android phone) and filter ads?

I failed to post this for few times, google captcha in overchan android app just didn't werk and was restarting

DUDE YOU VIEWED A PRODUCT PLACEMENT AD ON A STREAMING SITE THAT SELLS YOUR VIEWING HISTORY TO ADVERTISERS. THE SAME ADVERTISER THAY PLACED THE ADVIL LINE IN THE TV SHOW'S SCRIPT.

It's 2017 and Sup Forums can't into basic data privacy concerns.

Does everyone understand how OP's story occured now in compliance with disclosed Privacy Policies? Can we move on from this meme thread now?

wtf, I haven't seen youtube ads in like 5 years.
there are still people that don't use adblock?

Well, maybe that explains my problem. Thank user.