The Biggest Subscriber Glitch In YouTube History

crowdpondent.com/2017/02/08/the-biggest-subscriber-glitch-in-youtube-history/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JeimE8Wz6e4
youtube.com/watch?v=6TjMgvLyxMA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>BlackScreenTV was once a YouTuber with 29,000 subscribers. Now he has under -1,500. Yup, that’s right, a negative number. YouTube is in trouble.

>The glitch is pretty simple. If someone unsubscribes from a channel the YouTube algorithm miscounts it as two un-subscriptions instead of one. If someone was to subscribe to and then unsubscribe from a channel over and over the person would rapidly hemorrhage subscribers, and that is what is happening at the moment.

>As of yet we do not know how long this subscriber glitch has been happening on YouTube, but we do know that subscriber glitches have been a problem on YouTube near constantly over the past months. At first people had noted that they were being randomly unsubscribed from the favorite content creators, whilst content creators were finding that their channels were losing subscribers every time they uploaded. YouTube always denied that anything was going wrong on their end.

>All of this does have to make us question how long this glitch has actually been going on for. It was discovered in the early hours of the morning by BlackScreenTV, but in truth we don’t know when this began.

>Subscriptions and subscribers are the key, most important part of YouTube, and was arguably the thing that made YouTube blow up in the first place. If this is happening now, and may have been happening for a while, then how can we trust YouTube to keep an accurate count of our subscriber counts in the future?

>As for now, YouTube channels are rapidly dropping in subscriber counts, and there has been no response from YouTube.

I just wanna know how many people I've been unsubscribed from, and possibly have a list of everyone I've ever been subscribed to, regardless if it was me or youtube who unsubscribed me.
This case just looks like it's fucking with the statistics, not users.

Youtube has a handy rss list export in subscriber list, much faster to clean that up then to write it yourself

Could this glitch kill EEVBlog and Linus Tech Tips?
If yes, then I'm glad that Google is doing nothing.

I think it's fixed

That's bloody nice, thanks

who the fuck cares? it's just a fucking video sharing site.

Mostly people who are dependent on YouTube bux

time to unsub bomb my least favourite youtubers with a sub/unsub bot

Who even gives a shit?

Why does it matter that someone has lost their subscribers?

You know what's going to happen if a fan of yours gets magically unsubscribed? They're going to type your name in the search bar and resubscribe.

You won't die.
Stars won't burn out.
The earth won't stop turning.

Get a fucking job.

Why do they even care about how many subscribers?
They are paid by amount of views they get and their views watch time, not by how many brain dead fans that they have

would you be angered if a fucking bug in the system caused your payroll to be smaller?

i bet you would.

people tend to accumulate youtubers in their subscriptions.
if they suddenly disappear, yes, at some point you will notice and type their name in the search bar to re-subscribe.
what it usually means though is that for a little while their videos won't be on your front page. people tend to click what's on the front page.
that means less views for the accidentally unsubscribed youtuber.
that means less advertisements.
that means less money.
for google and for the youtuber.

RIP linus shill tips and Louis Cuckmann.

New algorithm prefers viral content than actual content creation.

>that means less advertisements.
Heeeeey!, That's pretty good

that means less money for youtubers...

THAT MEANS NO YOUTUBERS

There is no need to be upset.

>Its a "glitch"

come on, how many glitches end up making companies money (like in this case)?

good

You leave Louis out of this

youtu.be/JeimE8Wz6e4

That ain't bad. Pre-2008 Youtube will commence.

They already fixed it. Subscriber counts all went back up overnight

youtube.com/watch?v=6TjMgvLyxMA
It's been fixed already

fuck I missed it! I knew I should have clicked that youtube glitch video yesterday. could have made a sub button spambot.

Funny how hyperbolic he was about this, a visual glitch is by no means the biggest glitch in youtube history, I mean my god, what an idiot.

What's wrong with EEVblog?

Why would you make a subbutton spambot?
They reverse that shit like a stock-market crash.

Also, even if you thought you were doing something real... on who and why would you use such a 1337hAxOrz_HyP3r_sOuRc3K0de?

0n p3wd13p13, fr33d0 4nd 0th3r c4nc3r g1v1ng f4gg0t5 4l1ke

Hey, that sounds pretty good.

How would you have set it up?
Would you have finished it in time?
Would you have left a message?
How big of a project for you personally would it have been compared to previous projects?

Man, I hope someone is fucking with PewDiePie channel right now

lmao it's just a while true loop with a command that clicks the sub button. I either would have made it click my mouse and left the cursor on the sub button or used a different command that selects and clicks it all on its own. total script kiddie stuff.

>that OP

Are we reddit now? Get your shit together user ffs.

>So you were never serious?

This shit happened once a long time ago back in like 2006 fucking jewtube

why would I not have been serious?

right, but if one unsub counts for two, then...

Your sub button gets frozen after a while, supposedly it's a common glitch that goes away after some time.

IT dun fixt themslevs

Because it sounds like that.

But apparently you are serious then? If that's the case, could you answer the other questions as well?

>Heeeeey!, That's pretty good
I love this.

Isn't it just a visual bug though?

le reddit frog XDD
Kill yourself fucking namefag.

lol youtube chat

I already told you that it's a really easy program with one fucking line of code. what more do you need to know?

>relying on some shitty web platform ran by jews

But it's someone else's payroll not mine so why do I give a fuck

So it's just the counter and not the list containing all subscriptions..

No, people are getting randomly unsubscribed from channels as well